• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[HELP THREAD] Ask any questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

Alqualonde

Feb 27, 2016
Rijeka
touch screen digits (PIN/PUK codes) problem

Last night, my RN3 has fallen from nightstand on the floor.
When I picked it up, the left side of the main screen became unresponsive i.e. pressing the left side app icons didn't start the respective apps.
Then I restarted the phone, and was shown with PIN code, which I wasn't able to put because digits 1, 4 and 7 don't work anymore (2, 5, 8, 0, and 3, 6, 9 digits work fine).
Both PIN 1 and PUK 1 contain those 1, 4 and 7 digits.

The scrolling message above the digits reads as follows:
"SIM is now disabled. Enter PUK code to continue. You have 10 remaining attempts before SIM becomes permanently unusable. Contact carrier for details."

This is obviously a hardware problem. I didn't buy the phone at my carrier's store but online.
Can touch screen be repaired in this case, or should I consider getting a new phone? Thanks

abukad

Mar 20, 2013
Durban
Hi there, please can somebody assist me with this issue. I gave my helper the redmi note 3 and she had set her mi account to the sim, she lost that sim, now i tried to wipe the phone but now i cant get in cos it says that its locked to that sim. is there a way to get around this and what are the steps i need to take?

nIMa_aZx

Dec 15, 2012
Tehran
Hello there. Can you tell me redmi note 3 kenzo have 2 different imei or use a same imei for both sim cards?

Code for getting imei: *#06#
I worked with imei changer and custom roms. I realized my Imei for both sim card are the same. I don't know is related to my customization or not. I saw the box of mobile phone. There is just one imei.
Thanks a lot.

gzn

Jun 14, 2021
Hello everybody!

Any suggestions on how to bypass the MIUI account login screen after a wiping the phone's data? I entered recovery mode and wiped it all, but still, when I reboot to the system, I get the same screen asking for Mi Account password. I have the correct password, but when I type it it says it CAN't CONNECT to the network and thus can't verify the user.

I tried to install Mi Account Unlock Tool, but when I plug my cellphone with a cable to try to work on it in Mi PC Suite, WIndows doesn't see my phone.

I don't know what else I could do and need my phone back for work.
Thank you for reading!
I'd appreciate any kind of input that can give me some directions.
Cheers!

Last edited:

amn1987

Hello there. Can you tell me redmi note 3 kenzo have 2 different imei or use a same imei for both sim cards?

Code for getting imei: *#06#
I worked with imei changer and custom roms. I realized my Imei for both sim card are the same. I don't know is related to my customization or not. I saw the box of mobile phone. There is just one imei.
Thanks a lot.
2 IMEIs in my Kenzo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everyone!
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    COMMON NOOB QUESTIONS

1. How to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>
    2. How do I root my Redmi Note 3 after I have unlocked it? <<Click Here>>
    3. How do I install a custom recovery like TWRP? <<Click Here>>
    4. How to flash custom ROMs or Developer editions of MiUi? <<Click Here>>
    5. Which ROM is the best for Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    i have REDMI NOTE 3 KENZO SNAPDRAGON VERSION 3GB
    RUNNING ON latest global stable miui 8.1.1.0, android 6.0.1
    i have zc -x recovery ( unlocked officially and rooted)
    now
    Q1) if i want to backup my rom which partitions should i select, in case of if i made any mistake and want to restore?
    like if i flashed some wrong zip, and now facing bootloop
    To get rid of bootloop, i can use twrp backup?
    Q2) in case if i dont have twrp backup, and want to flash fastboot rom but dont want to lose internal storage? what should i do, there is no option for clean_all_except_storage.bat? in mi flash tool latest one

i do not to erase my internal everytime i flash with mi flash tool

Q3) if i can access twrp and want to copy backup from computer or otg how can i do it?
    because if i attach phone in recovery mode, it is not showing my device internal storage in my pc! just showing phone is attached under adb interface

thank you
    For question 1
    Do the backup of all the partitions, but while restoring *very important* UNCHECK firmware_emmc and firmware_ROM or you'll end up bricking your device and loosing all the data on the internal storage and only MiFlash will save you

Don't know the answer to your second question, infact I have the same query..

For question 3
    MTP doesn't work for me too (ZCX recovery), the workaround is connecting a USB OTG storage device and mounting it, then using the file manager under the advance section to copy the files on it.. After the mount USB storage device shows up on the bottom of the "/" path.
    I was going to unlock my bootloader here but then I decided to check xda first before clicking apply on the bootloader unlock request page. I didn't seem to find any guide here on xda telling me to use that page. Why is that?

So should I use the official method or one of the guides (and if so could someone link me a good up-to-date guide). Also I assume warranty is void when unlocking the bootloader but could someone confirm that because it doesn't say that on the request unlock page.

Xiaomi policy says that you won't be voiding your warranty by unlocking the device. Also, I personally had a chat with the customer care team and they told me that if your device is in warranty, you can get your device fixed if it gets soft-bricked or even hard-bricked. So you shouldn't hesitate about unlocking the device. ;)

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    What is the best ROM for Note 3 SD, that has good battery life and voLTE supported along with all major functions and at least MM.

MiUi marshmallow. LOL!!! CyanogenMod is always better. Try cyanogenmod.

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing