[HELP THREAD] Ask any questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

HostileSage

Apr 26, 2016
What's the current best Oreo Rom in terms of battery life? I am using AOSiP and getting only 4hrs SOT on constant WiFi usage. Should I try AEX?

Akhand24

May 27, 2018
I am facing two problems with my redmi note 3...
1.My battery is draining fast even though im not using so many apps...my friend has the same phone with large number of apps still his battery lasts long

2.Whenever my phone switches off...it doesn't switch on with the power button no matter how long i press it...Then i have to fastboot it to switch on my phone...Very annoying..
I would really appreciate any suggestions..?

chesterblpark

May 28, 2018
video rec

what rom have native support for recording video with external microphone like zoom h1?
mine lineageos14 cant do that.

laxusluffy

Sep 26, 2017
I am currently using the latest official pixel experience rom on my RN3 but I am not satisfied with the battery backup it's giving me. Please help me to fix it so that I can get good battery backup on this rom. Atleast 13-15 hours of SOT.
Please help. And thank you in advance ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180603-220308.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180603-220308.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_System_UI_20180603-220348.png
    Screenshot_System_UI_20180603-220348.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 100

aqvyx

I am currently using the latest official pixel experience rom on my RN3 but I am not satisfied with the battery backup it's giving me. Please help me to fix it so that I can get good battery backup on this rom. Atleast 13-15 hours of SOT.
Please help. And thank you in advance ?
13-15 hours of SOT. This forum is not the right place for trolls

madjaro

Dec 13, 2014
Hello, there is a ROM here, which does not close the application in the background? Or the way to do it?

DarkLord007

Apr 25, 2017
Hello guys,
I have asus zenfone max pro m1 and its rooted.
It runs on android 8.1.0
I cant play PUBG on my phone beacuse screen flickers.

I found out that it is issue with android 8.1.
So is this fixed?
Is there any common patch for all rooted 8.1.0 devices?
Or i have to wait until asus or google fixes it.

Hrithik1206

Jun 16, 2018
I just downloaded the pixel experience rom. It's just perfect but the as soon as I open the camera app it's all dark and I am unable to click pictures until I turn it into portrait mode but in potrait mode too when I click selfies it comes green

akshaycygnus

Jun 17, 2017
Guys what's the best ROM for Redmi note 3 as of now? I heard some banking apps don't work on some ROM , I want the ROM without that issue

Zagash27

Dec 6, 2013
Hey! I have AEX 5.5. Do I need to install Vulkan API or is it already there? If I do, how can I do it?

Also, I have a serious overheating issue with every ROM I tried, to the point my fingers hurt if I touch the top part of the phone while gaming. How can I solve this?

onionchibi

Mar 4, 2014
Help me please?
How to update security patch in rom .zip?
I have computer, anyone teach me, please?
Sorry for my bad English

Joyel

Jan 31, 2017
Realme X2
Hey canu please explain about mm bootloader

COMMON NOOB QUESTIONS

1. How to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>
2. How do I root my Redmi Note 3 after I have unlocked it? <<Click Here>>
3. How do I install a custom recovery like TWRP? <<Click Here>>
4. How to flash custom ROMs or Developer editions of MiUi? <<Click Here>>
5. Which ROM is the best for Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
PoseidonKing
I found a zip file contains mm bootloader it contains emmc.bin file .for won't boot naught ROMs the problems solved in one thread member but can I surebit won't lock my bootloader canu please explain about the the zip file name is unlocked zip

DarkLord007

Apr 25, 2017
Guys
I am facing a wiered problem.
Sometimes notification sound doesnt rings.
I have to restart to get it back working.

The problem occurs again in some days.

Please help me with a solution.
Thanks.

DS Kushwaha

Jan 23, 2018
i am facing two problems with my redmi note 3...
1.my battery is draining fast even though im not using so many apps...my friend has the same phone with large number of apps still his battery lasts long

2.whenever my phone switches off...it doesn't switch on with the power button no matter how long i press it...then i have to fastboot it to switch on my phone...very annoying..
I would really appreciate any suggestions..?
change your charger
redmi note3 original charger is charging very fast
its drain battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everyone!
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    COMMON NOOB QUESTIONS

1. How to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>
    2. How do I root my Redmi Note 3 after I have unlocked it? <<Click Here>>
    3. How do I install a custom recovery like TWRP? <<Click Here>>
    4. How to flash custom ROMs or Developer editions of MiUi? <<Click Here>>
    5. Which ROM is the best for Redmi Note 3? <<Click Here>>

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    i have REDMI NOTE 3 KENZO SNAPDRAGON VERSION 3GB
    RUNNING ON latest global stable miui 8.1.1.0, android 6.0.1
    i have zc -x recovery ( unlocked officially and rooted)
    now
    Q1) if i want to backup my rom which partitions should i select, in case of if i made any mistake and want to restore?
    like if i flashed some wrong zip, and now facing bootloop
    To get rid of bootloop, i can use twrp backup?
    Q2) in case if i dont have twrp backup, and want to flash fastboot rom but dont want to lose internal storage? what should i do, there is no option for clean_all_except_storage.bat? in mi flash tool latest one

i do not to erase my internal everytime i flash with mi flash tool

Q3) if i can access twrp and want to copy backup from computer or otg how can i do it?
    because if i attach phone in recovery mode, it is not showing my device internal storage in my pc! just showing phone is attached under adb interface

thank you
    For question 1
    Do the backup of all the partitions, but while restoring *very important* UNCHECK firmware_emmc and firmware_ROM or you'll end up bricking your device and loosing all the data on the internal storage and only MiFlash will save you

Don't know the answer to your second question, infact I have the same query..

For question 3
    MTP doesn't work for me too (ZCX recovery), the workaround is connecting a USB OTG storage device and mounting it, then using the file manager under the advance section to copy the files on it.. After the mount USB storage device shows up on the bottom of the "/" path.
    I was going to unlock my bootloader here but then I decided to check xda first before clicking apply on the bootloader unlock request page. I didn't seem to find any guide here on xda telling me to use that page. Why is that?

So should I use the official method or one of the guides (and if so could someone link me a good up-to-date guide). Also I assume warranty is void when unlocking the bootloader but could someone confirm that because it doesn't say that on the request unlock page.

Xiaomi policy says that you won't be voiding your warranty by unlocking the device. Also, I personally had a chat with the customer care team and they told me that if your device is in warranty, you can get your device fixed if it gets soft-bricked or even hard-bricked. So you shouldn't hesitate about unlocking the device. ;)

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing
    What is the best ROM for Note 3 SD, that has good battery life and voLTE supported along with all major functions and at least MM.

MiUi marshmallow. LOL!!! CyanogenMod is always better. Try cyanogenmod.

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing