[HELP THREAD] Ask any Questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

sambelee

May 4, 2021
Hello, I'm really in need of help.

Recently I flashed stock via ODIN ( G950FXXSBDUA3_G950FOXMBDTJ1_SIN ) formerly was using a custom ROM.

My S8 has 64gb of storage but after flashing stock my storage is capped to 16gb, I have tried using date n time then factory reset method but never succeed.

I tried flashing multiple times but still to no avail. Now I tried flashing to Hades Q rom, but my internal storage still stayed the same.

How can i fix this? Thanks

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Hello, I'm really in need of help.

Recently I flashed stock via ODIN ( G950FXXSBDUA3_G950FOXMBDTJ1_SIN ) formerly was using a custom ROM.

My S8 has 64gb of storage but after flashing stock my storage is capped to 16gb, I have tried using date n time then factory reset method but never succeed.

I tried flashing multiple times but still to no avail. Now I tried flashing to Hades Q rom, but my internal storage still stayed the same.

How can i fix this? Thanks
    Maybe flashing the custom rom has changed partition sizes. Then you might have to re-partition the internal storage with the stock pit file again, before flashing a stock firmware.
    Re-partitioning will wipe all your data on the internal storage. So I hope that you already have created a backup of everything important.

sambelee

May 4, 2021
    Maybe flashing the custom rom has changed partition sizes. Then you might have to re-partition the internal storage with the stock pit file again, before flashing a stock firmware.
    Re-partitioning will wipe all your data on the internal storage. So I hope that you already have created a backup of everything important.
    Thank you for your reply, do you have a link to a guide that I can follow? I'm quite familiar with flashing custom roms but haven't tried what you've said

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Not a guide, but a thread about this topic:

Reactions: sambelee

sambelee

May 4, 2021
    This has helped me to fix my problem, thank you. Despite this, I've encountered another problem when I installed TWRP via odin, everytime I tried to install the first problem comes back and I have to install PIT all over again. Do you have any suggestions? Right now I want to install TWRP then flash a custom rom.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    This has helped me to fix my problem, thank you. Despite this, I've encountered another problem when I installed TWRP via odin, everytime I tried to install the first problem comes back and I have to install PIT all over again. Do you have any suggestions? Right now I want to install TWRP then flash a custom rom.
    As I am on stock Android ATM, I cannot help much.
    But I recommend to flash TWRP recovery like described here:
    And then install the custom rom you want via TWRP.

Reactions: sambelee

sambelee

May 4, 2021
    Yes those steps are exactly what I did and it always fails. Oh well, I kind of intend to use stock anyway, I'll try again next time.

Thank you, you've been a big help

Reactions: It_ler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Yes those steps are exactly what I did and it always fails. Oh well, I kind of intend to use stock anyway, I'll try again next time.

Thank you, you've been a big help
      Welcome everyone!​
      This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
      PoseidonKing ;)
      Hi guys, I have a noob question for you guys :p So I got an Galaxy S8 from France with firmware of BOG, France, Bouygues France (G950FXXU4CRI5) (the phone its not sim locked) , I got it as a gift, but I live in Romania, so I wondering if I flash with Odin the Romanian (ROM) open firmware (G950FXXU4CRL3), my knox will remain 0x0? I want to keep the guarantee so I dont want to do anyway only if my knox remains at 0x0. (No, the phone its not rooted now and I dont even want to root until I have guarantee, I just want to flash a stock firmware for it, but the Romanian one, not that Bouygues France) . Thx for any help :D

Flashing official stock firmware ( Samsung signed ) will not trip your Knox.
      Modifying your phone ( not Samsung signed ) will trip your Knox ie: twrp,rooting etc. Once Knox is tripped there is no fix.
      Hi, I just flashed twrp and want to know how can install OTA updates inthe future. Thanks!
      OTA updates won't come through unless you flash back to stock.
      I have a stupid and nobbie question: How to root the s8+? I dont want to install any roms, i need only to use titanium backup and sixaxis controller.
      https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...pment/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s8-exynos-t3595102

Follow this guide here for steps to flash TWRP first. Follow it EXACTLY step by step and you will have no issues.

After TWRP is fully flashed correctly amd you can boot into TWRP then flash magisk v13.3 from here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Again, follow all steps EXACTLY as they are posted and you should have no issues
      OK so I've had all the nexus phones since the GNex (except the 5X) and have been happily rooted and flashing ROMS, but I'm a noob as far as recent Samsung's go.
      Today I impulse ordered a UK Snapdragon S8 (The device is EPIC in hand)..... What's the likelihood of root & custom roms happening? this could honestly make or break me taking delivery of the device :(
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone