[HELP THREAD] Ask any Questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

aryx1

Dec 26, 2021
Have you tried to clean the USB port, or just plug in a USB cable and disconnect it again?
Maybe it's just kind of "hanging" ?!
thank you for your response.
yes i have cleaned the port properly, and also disconnecting it, but nothing seems to be helping.
is there any way to force stop usb functioning ?

Visse0704

Feb 6, 2013
Hello

I have an unrooted Galaxy S8
(Infos on screenshot)

Which way should i use to root my phone ??

[GUIDE] How To Install TWRP & Root Galaxy S8 After Oreo Update
[11.03.19][Fix] [S8/S8+] Pie I Oreo ROOT + OEM Fix + Busybox + EFS Backup

22VideoCapture_20220405-032816.jpg

heyjh

Apr 23, 2022
Hello, very new to this forum and to issues with my Galaxy S8. I want to know if it'll be safe for my build number to flash from Pie to Oreo/Nougat. I'll try my best to get the vocab right.

Backstory: I'm in a different country so I use an iPhone for calls/messages but I keep my old S8 for the UI design and old apps/take photos. I hadn't updated it for years (the software it was running as of 2 days ago was Nougat) but then I stupidly allowed updates and it went up to Pie.

I do not like Pie at all. The UI is ugly, the alarm's voice changed, some apps look funky, etc. I've spent the last 12 hours intermittently backing up my photos/files and Googling ways to flash to Nougat. It looked promising until I saw some things about build numbers and bootloaders and now I'm 95% sure I'm gonna end up bricking my phone.

Bought in 2016.
Model: SM-G950U
Verizon, can't remember if I unlocked it but it still shows the Verizon animation when I start the phone so I believe it's locked.

One UI version: 1.0
Android version: 9
Baseband version: G950USQU8DUJ1
Kernel version: 4.4.153 #2 Thu Oct 21 19:08:15 KST 2021
Build number: PPR1.180610.011.G950USQU8DUJ1
SE for Android status: Enforcing - SEPF_SM-G950U_9_0013
Knox version: Knox 3.2.1 - Knox API level 27 - TIMA 3.3.0

Service provider SW ver.: SAOMC_SM-G950U_OYN_VZW_PP_00279887bb46495539424b - VZW/VZW/VZW

Security software version:
MDF v3.1 Release 4
WLAN v1.0 Release 2
VPN PP-MOD v2.1 Release 2.0
ASKS v3.1.1 Release 20200120
ADDP v3.0 Release 20191001
FIPS BoringSSL v1.3
FIPS SKC v1.8
FIPS SCrypto v2.0
SMR Dec-2020 Release 1

Android security patch level: December 1, 2020

It is fully updated as of today, last software update was #39.

From what I've googled, it looks like my phone has a bootloader binary of 8, and most of the firmware downloads for G950U stops at 5 or 6.

I'd like some help in deciding whether it's worth it to try and do everything (root, Odin, TWRP, whichever) or give up and just not look at my S8 too much.

And if there's anyone who knows how to do this and is willing to help me step-by-step, I can offer some kind of monetary compensation. I didn't see anything in the rules against offering payment for services but if it's not allowed then I can draw/make something for you instead (if that's okay).

Thank you for reading this great wall of text, hope you have a stress-free day.

samsungFanboy85

Feb 24, 2021
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy S8
Pie is bye bye Oreo forever.. . Im sorry bro..
I read legends i tried spells casted myself... From suppossed spellbooks from wizards like i cant even comprehend the level they are. ..
Never worked
Samsung eid a good job there ..
I reached to combination firmware flashing level and didnt work and i gave up
Recently i think read there is a pc software that does it ... Bit name sounded really like install and then will ask for cc details
P.s.
Maybe try Q. ? Pie but polished to the max was possible but they forgot it in 9....
P.s. beware of anything from 11 up
kill it with fire

samsungFanboy85

Feb 24, 2021
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy S8
P.s. ttry Q
Oem unlock ticked? Then jyst twrp from twrp i did then backup efs And magisk thru twrp..
If ur bl isnt unlocked it wont let u foash twrp so then unlock via samsung site and adb

Reactions: Visse0704

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10

feathers632

Jan 4, 2015
Installed Lineage 19 on my S8 G950F...

It's good except for bloody facebook apps. Anything that needs a FB login fails to login. Tried messenger app, FB, Friendly app.. fails to sign-in.

Instagram, what's app, twitter, tiktok no issue.

Link to the Lineage I installed.

It's good except for bloody facebook apps. Anything that needs a FB login fails to login. Tried messenger app, FB, Friendly app.. fails to sign-in.

Have you flashed the GApps as well, maybe there is the login Google think missing?

Reactions: feathers632

feathers632

Jan 4, 2015
Have you flashed the GApps as well, maybe there is the login Google think missing?

I did flash the gapps. Turns out it was a really simple fix! All I had to do was long press the FB Icon and then wipe the cache for the app. Soon as I did that I was able to login. Once I was logged-in on that FB I was able to login automatically on messenger and the Oculus app!

Reactions: mega2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I did flash the gapps. Turns out it was a really simple fix! All I had to do was long press the FB Icon and then wipe the cache for the app. Soon as I did that I was able to login. Once I was logged-in on that FB I was able to login automatically on messenger and the Oculus app!
    Welcome everyone!​
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    Hi guys, I have a noob question for you guys :p So I got an Galaxy S8 from France with firmware of BOG, France, Bouygues France (G950FXXU4CRI5) (the phone its not sim locked) , I got it as a gift, but I live in Romania, so I wondering if I flash with Odin the Romanian (ROM) open firmware (G950FXXU4CRL3), my knox will remain 0x0? I want to keep the guarantee so I dont want to do anyway only if my knox remains at 0x0. (No, the phone its not rooted now and I dont even want to root until I have guarantee, I just want to flash a stock firmware for it, but the Romanian one, not that Bouygues France) . Thx for any help :D

Flashing official stock firmware ( Samsung signed ) will not trip your Knox.
    Modifying your phone ( not Samsung signed ) will trip your Knox ie: twrp,rooting etc. Once Knox is tripped there is no fix.
    Hi, I just flashed twrp and want to know how can install OTA updates inthe future. Thanks!
    OTA updates won't come through unless you flash back to stock.
    I have a stupid and nobbie question: How to root the s8+? I dont want to install any roms, i need only to use titanium backup and sixaxis controller.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...pment/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s8-exynos-t3595102

Follow this guide here for steps to flash TWRP first. Follow it EXACTLY step by step and you will have no issues.

After TWRP is fully flashed correctly amd you can boot into TWRP then flash magisk v13.3 from here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Again, follow all steps EXACTLY as they are posted and you should have no issues
    OK so I've had all the nexus phones since the GNex (except the 5X) and have been happily rooted and flashing ROMS, but I'm a noob as far as recent Samsung's go.
    Today I impulse ordered a UK Snapdragon S8 (The device is EPIC in hand)..... What's the likelihood of root & custom roms happening? this could honestly make or break me taking delivery of the device :(