[HELP THREAD] Ask any Questions [NOOB FRIENDLY]

Search This thread

batkbatk

Mar 24, 2013
SM-G950W, latest software updates

-I changed my password for no good reason and already forgot it. Now locked out with some very important family data on there (6 weeks of photos of my newborn + voice recordings of my grandfather who recently passed). I care about that data 1000x more than the phone.
-Biotmetrics work fine, so I can use SamsungPay from the homescreen
-I can also log into findmymobile, but looks like I was paranoid and disabled the remote unlock
-I had onedrive backing up my photos up until 6 weeks ago (haven't found a remote way to get that restarted)
-I've tried some of the ADB options suggest by google, but looks like I also disable debugging (device detected but unauthorized), BUT it does seem like it can sideload.

Where do I go next? I'm guessing if I can get a recovery with filemanager on there (like TWRP) or just a file manager (aroma), I can use the trick of deleting the lock screen password OR just find the photos and then reset the device? But I don't know if it's possible with a Canadian snapdragon variant? Any direction would be appreciated!!

keekat

Nov 27, 2022
Welcome everyone!
This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
PoseidonKing ;)
Hello! So I have Qlink unlimited data government plan & have been using it for a couple years without any issues. I hooked up my phone to my friends car and was urged to download android auto to sync my phone w/ the car...right after I did that I can not use my mobile data at all. I checked my settings & everything is correct as it should be *including my apn settings*. I called customer support at Qlink and it asked me for my sim card information and I realized when I went to look for the number for sim card...nothing is listed? Very frustrating. So I've hit a wall. I would greatly appreciate any help!

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello! So I have Qlink unlimited data government plan & have been using it for a couple years without any issues. I hooked up my phone to my friends car and was urged to download android auto to sync my phone w/ the car...right after I did that I can not use my mobile data at all. I checked my settings & everything is correct as it should be *including my apn settings*. I called customer support at Qlink and it asked me for my sim card information and I realized when I went to look for the number for sim card...nothing is listed? Very frustrating. So I've hit a wall. I would greatly appreciate any help!
Strange ... never heard about Android Auto damaging the SIM card. I guess that the cause of the mobile data issue is something else.
Maybe the SIM card is broken. To check this, you can insert another SIM card (working in another phone).
Good luck!

BTW ... Have you already tried to switch airplane mode on and off?

Reactions: Vivimagic

gioyx97

Jun 25, 2014
Hi, I’m not new when it comes to custom roms, kernels and mods(I had s6,S Advance and Note), but since 3 years I’ve been an IPhone user, so I’m not updated ahah. Can you tell me steps to run a custom rom on my S8(it’s full stock), and which one is the best for you?
Thanks for your reply.

Technot-393

Jan 26, 2023
Samsung Galaxy S8
Need some help.

My S8 (CPU-Z) says it has a snapdragon processor but also shows that the bootloader is G950U while the build ID is G950F??? And the phone itself shows that the baseband version is G950F so I want to flash stock ROM on this device BUT WTF do I use G950F (exynos) OR G950U (snapdragon)

What the hell is this thing international or US?

I also want to flash it but I'm a full on noob.

The phone can't update itself to android pie and a anti-virus I have notice that there was a android compatibility check issue

Edit: oh and i heard that snapdragon is a pain in the ass when it comes to ROMs and stuff

NEVERMIND I GOT IT

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome everyone!​
    This thread has been created for extreme newbies/noobs and for their benefit. Not only noobs, but everyone is free to post questions and also give answers to those questions. Any type of question is allowed as long as it is related about the device. No off-topic discussions are allowed!

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing ;)
    Hi guys, I have a noob question for you guys :p So I got an Galaxy S8 from France with firmware of BOG, France, Bouygues France (G950FXXU4CRI5) (the phone its not sim locked) , I got it as a gift, but I live in Romania, so I wondering if I flash with Odin the Romanian (ROM) open firmware (G950FXXU4CRL3), my knox will remain 0x0? I want to keep the guarantee so I dont want to do anyway only if my knox remains at 0x0. (No, the phone its not rooted now and I dont even want to root until I have guarantee, I just want to flash a stock firmware for it, but the Romanian one, not that Bouygues France) . Thx for any help :D

Flashing official stock firmware ( Samsung signed ) will not trip your Knox.
    Modifying your phone ( not Samsung signed ) will trip your Knox ie: twrp,rooting etc. Once Knox is tripped there is no fix.
    Hi, I just flashed twrp and want to know how can install OTA updates inthe future. Thanks!
    OTA updates won't come through unless you flash back to stock.
    I have a stupid and nobbie question: How to root the s8+? I dont want to install any roms, i need only to use titanium backup and sixaxis controller.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...pment/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s8-exynos-t3595102

Follow this guide here for steps to flash TWRP first. Follow it EXACTLY step by step and you will have no issues.

After TWRP is fully flashed correctly amd you can boot into TWRP then flash magisk v13.3 from here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Again, follow all steps EXACTLY as they are posted and you should have no issues
    OK so I've had all the nexus phones since the GNex (except the 5X) and have been happily rooted and flashing ROMS, but I'm a noob as far as recent Samsung's go.
    Today I impulse ordered a UK Snapdragon S8 (The device is EPIC in hand)..... What's the likelihood of root & custom roms happening? this could honestly make or break me taking delivery of the device :(