• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [HELP THREAD] Ask any questions, noob friendly.

Search This thread

LAST_krypton

What's the best way to make my A12 as private as possible without losing Samsung and Google features? I want to have most of the features from my Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Google apps without any spyware.

And also, is it possible to install apps such as Netflix and ASB Mobile Banking on a rooted Samsung phone?

Thanks in advance!
There is no such thing as useing google for privacy...
Banking apps can be used, use magisk hide if they detect root.

ASOwnerYT

Jun 1, 2021
There is no such thing as useing google for privacy...
Banking apps can be used, use magisk hide if they detect root.
But I thought using MicroG like in CalyxOS, you can have better privacy than Samsung or Google stock firmware, while still being able to use Google apps:

Thanks for telling me about Magisk Hide though!

LAST_krypton

But I thought using MicroG like in CalyxOS, you can have better privacy than Samsung or Google stock firmware, while still being able to use Google apps:

Thanks for telling me about Magisk Hide though!
Ofcourse it's better then the stock fimware but google still has it's own services that have telemetry, etc.

Gudolbob

Aug 6, 2019
Hello everyone. I need some help in rooting my Galaxy A12. I have searched many forums for a guide to root and install Twrp. I have found guides dealing with many other models of my device. Not sure if I need to use one of those. Don't want to brick it at all. My device is a Straight Talk Galaxy A12 Sm-S127DL. Unlocking bootloader is not a issue. Just need root guide if possible. Thanks.

LAST_krypton

Hello everyone. I need some help in rooting my Galaxy A12. I have searched many forums for a guide to root and install Twrp. I have found guides dealing with many other models of my device. Not sure if I need to use one of those. Don't want to brick it at all. My device is a Straight Talk Galaxy A12 Sm-S127DL. Unlocking bootloader is not a issue. Just need root guide if possible. Thanks.
here is a rooting guide:

RJ3829

Nov 24, 2021
I wanted to know bloatware for my samsung m01 15G/Ds ,I wanted to remove all traces of samsung ,don't have a custom rom for this device ,any help would be appreciated