General [HELP THREAD] Ask any questions, noob friendly.

Search This thread

LAST_krypton

Help thread for people that have the Samsung galaxy a12 (any model)​

Anyone can ask and help others here, but please don't be abusive towards others.​

No abuse tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

Last edited:

LAST_krypton

James 144

Aug 27, 2019
Samsung Galaxy A12

LAST_krypton

@James 144
Try disabeling force doze in smart pack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-131210_SmartPack-Kernel Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-131210_SmartPack-Kernel Manager.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 109

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
I just got one of these basically free from AT&T that I plan to use only for hotspotting, my main device is an S21+.

I have sm-a125u, the only firmware I can find online for ATT is sm-a125u1

What's the difference? Is it the same? Can I flash it? Or can I just flash any other carrier's firmware instead?

I'm not even going to use this thing for anything other than a hotspot, I just want to root it so I can hotspot while tricking the carrier into thinking it's just mobile data use (since I'm on Unlimited Elite plan).

I don't have the OEM Unlock option in my dev settings, tried the time/date trick. So I read somewhere that I needed to flash an Android 10 firmware to it to get that option back, then go ahead and root, then update back to A11, if that's even possible. I don't care about the firmware being a different carrier's as long as mobile data will still work on ATT's network for hotspotting.

Last edited:

LAST_krypton

I just got one of these basically free from AT&T that I plan to use only for hotspotting, my main device is an S21+.

I have sm-a125u, the only firmware I can find online for ATT is sm-a125u1

What's the difference? Is it the same? Can I flash it? Or can I just flash any other carrier's firmware instead?

I'm not even going to use this thing for anything other than a hotspot, I just want to root it so I can hotspot while tricking the carrier into thinking it's just mobile data use (since I'm on Unlimited Elite plan).

I don't have the OEM Unlock option in my dev settings, tried the time/date trick. So I read somewhere that I needed to flash an Android 10 firmware to it to get that option back, then go ahead and root, then update back to A11, if that's even possible. I don't care about the firmware being a different carrier's as long as mobile data will still work on ATT's network for hotspotting.
Don't look at the countury reagons, If the sim card doesn't work after flashing another reagons fimware you have to SIM unlock you phone.

LAST_krypton

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy A12 (2020) Firmware A125USQU2BUG2 with Magisk.. I don't the oem option of developer's settings.. can someone tell me how to get oem option on my phoneView attachment 5420929
try changing the date and time to something old, if that doesn't work take software updates and they should apear.
1. Disable dev options
2. go to date and time and set the date to something very old
3. Enable dev options
4. Oem unlocking should apear now and you can change date and time back to it's origin.

LAST_krypton

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy A12 (2020) Firmware A125USQU2BUG2 with Magisk.. I don't the oem option of developer's settings.. can someone tell me how to get oem option on my phoneView attachment 5420929
Do you still have the same issue? If you do, try to possibly downgrade fimware. Flashing older fimware will work without unlocking PBL if it's smasung's official fimware. After flashing older fimware OEM unlocking should appear, and you will be able to flash unofficial fimware images after unlocking PBL.

ASOwnerYT

Jun 1, 2021
What's the best way to make my A12 as private as possible without losing Samsung and Google features? I want to have most of the features from my Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Google apps without any spyware.

And also, is it possible to install apps such as Netflix and ASB Mobile Banking on a rooted Samsung phone?

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts