• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

sterod

Aug 27, 2012
Toronto
Does this unit have overheating issues like other Android head units? I purchased one and will receive it next week. Need to know if I should open it and add thermal paste and an active cooling fan before installing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jackohound

Oct 16, 2018
Boston
I've had my A6 Pro A6Y2721PRB for 4 months and have not had any overheating issues -- the system has been very stable without a single unexpected reboot or system freeze. I have not seen any reports from others in the XDA forums nor the ATOTO forums about overheating issues. If you do decide to open it up, please take some pictures of the internals.

CpTChucky

Nov 20, 2010
To use android auto do you have to use the Atoto USB dongle or can you just install the app on the head unit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LoloTheJeeper

Dec 5, 2018
Hi All !
I followed the instructions.
I have a Outlander 2015 and a ATOTO Pro A6.
After configuring the AWSC-1, only two buttons on the steering wheel work in the mapping panel (Volume up and skip right) no other wheel button is recongnized by ATOTO
I tried to swap the wires from the male jack connected to Steering key and key# with no luck.
Anybody encountered the same problem ?
Thank you (I also posted in the thread cited above. Sorry if I should not have)

sterod

Aug 27, 2012
Toronto
Internal Photos

Here are some photos I took which are the internals of the A6Y2721PRB. I did this to see if any active cooling would be needed but it the CPU area is fully sealed off.

sterod

Aug 27, 2012
Toronto
I'm happy to report that this head unit has proper working, DUAL BLUETOOTH which allows you to connect to BT Dongles, such as those used by anti-laser / radar applications such as the AL Priority. The ONLY head unit which had this working properly before the Atoto A6 was the NewsMy NR/NU3000 series which are now very out of date. For reference, none of the PX5 / Cortex / Intel Sofia I tested had this working. Thank You, Atoto for releasing a proper, working product!

Reactions: Ludespeed

cooleb09

Nov 22, 2018
Hi, I hope that this hasn't been asked before (I tried searching this threads for "tasker" and "automate"), but has anyone got one of theseautomation apps working on an atoto unit - seemingly the service/background process for it gets killed on sleep and it isn't relaunched by the unit - I'm try to make it always open bluetooth music then waze on every launch without me interacting with it.

Claude.S

Dec 21, 2018
Dash Cam

Hi, when the dash cam fills up the SD card, what happens? does the stereo tell you it is full, or does it simply loop record over oldest data? Also, how many hours of footage fits on the SD card that comes with the unit.?:confused: Thanks

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Hi, when the dash cam fills up the SD card, what happens? does the stereo tell you it is full, or does it simply loop record over oldest data? Also, how many hours of footage fits on the SD card that comes with the unit.?:confused: Thanks
It records over the oldest, depends on the quality of the video.

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs

Guero_em2

Dec 22, 2018
Rk3188

I have a mtcc-kld6-v2.97 with rk3188 I installed malaysk 2018 and my screen only shows on about 70% of the whole display also the the home power and volume keys aren't working and the calibration is off example if I touch something on the left of the screen it actually selects on the opposite side of the screen please help thank you

LoloTheJeeper

Dec 5, 2018
I finally found a solution to my problem.
I got rid of the aswc-1
I connected pin 9 from the 20 pin power harness to the steering wheel key + (not the #) of the ATOTO pro and I also connect pin 19 to ground.
That's it !
After that I configured the different associations between keys and action in
Settings general settings steering wheel on ATOTO.
Hope it helps :)
Merry xmas to all. !!!

returned4good

Oct 6, 2009
I just purchased and installed the A6Y2721PR and I have a couple of questions. I have an Essential PH-1 running Android 9.

1. How do I get the HU to accept USB or Bluetooth tethering? I turn either one on on my phone but the HU still has no internet access.

2. Is there an android audio player app that has touchscreen gesture/swipe control similar to video playback controls with VLC? (eg. swipe up for volume up)

3. Is there any way to set up crossover settings for the front and rear cabin speakers? Are the frequencies listed in subwoofer output LPF frequencies?

Thanks in advance.

kevdav100

Jul 3, 2014
I just purchased and installed the A6Y2721PR and I have a couple of questions. I have an Essential PH-1 running Android 9.

1. How do I get the HU to accept USB or Bluetooth tethering? I turn either one on on my phone but the HU still has no internet access.

2. Is there an android audio player app that has touchscreen gesture/swipe control similar to video playback controls with VLC? (eg. swipe up for volume up)

3. Is there any way to set up crossover settings for the front and rear cabin speakers? Are the frequencies listed in subwoofer output LPF frequencies?

This may help with your music app and swipe you are looking for https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hstanaland.cartunes.free

Thanks in advance.
To get the BT to auto tether I may have a solution, but only for Android

1, install Bluetooth tethering manager on both the HU and the phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomlocksapps.bluetoothtetheringmanager, set it up on both the HU and the phone using the wizard in the app

Now normally this should be enough, but I think what is happening is the HU is shutting down all apps when it is switched off, so when the HU is powered up again, the app needs to be manually restarted, which is not what we want.

2, install BT auto connect https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.refluxa.android.bac and this one too https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect and set them both up (not sure you need both, but I have them both installed), again I think the HU shuts these down when it is turned off.

So now we need to try stop the HU turning these apps off, and I think that is done through battery optimization

3, Settings > apps > gear icon top right > battery optimization > and then choose the apps that you don't want to be optimized (all the BT ones above).

I think this may help, but I am still testing it at the moment, and sometimes it can take a short while for BT tethering to connect, but try it out and report back if you could to see if it helps

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Thanks in advance.
This may do the job https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hstanaland.cartunes.free

Last edited:
Reactions: returned4good

returned4good

Oct 6, 2009
To get the BT to auto tether I may have a solution, but only for Android

1, install Bluetooth tethering manager on both the HU and the phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomlocksapps.bluetoothtetheringmanager, set it up on both the HU and the phone using the wizard in the app

Now normally this should be enough, but I think what is happening is the HU is shutting down all apps when it is switched off, so when the HU is powered up again, the app needs to be manually restarted, which is not what we want.

2, install BT auto connect https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.refluxa.android.bac and this one too https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect and set them both up (not sure you need both, but I have them both installed), again I think the HU shuts these down when it is turned off.

So now we need to try stop the HU turning these apps off, and I think that is done through battery optimization

3, Settings > apps > gear icon top right > battery optimization > and then choose the apps that you don't want to be optimized (all the BT ones above).

I think this may help, but I am still testing it at the moment, and sometimes it can take a short while for BT tethering to connect, but try it out and report back if you could to see if it helps

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

This may do the job https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hstanaland.cartunes.free
You, sir, are awesome. Thank you very much. It's just so weird that they advertise bt tethering yet rely on 3rd party software for it and provide no suggestions.

kevdav100

Jul 3, 2014
You, sir, are awesome. Thank you very much. It's just so weird that they advertise bt tethering yet rely on 3rd party software for it and provide no suggestions.
Well give it a go first to make sure it works for you ..... when I had my Nexus7 setup, the BT tethering manager was all I needed because when the IGN was switched off, the N7 didn't shut down the tethering manager on the Nexus, but I am pretty sure that it is doing it here on the A6 through the battery optimization ... but I still needed to have the other 2 apps (although just one of them may only be needed) to get it to start tethering without my intervention, like I say I am still in testing at the moment and it may still not work as it should, but so far so good ...

Yes crazy they do not allow BT tethering to take place automatically, please report back after you have tested it and hopefully will be working ok for you .. if not we will have to fins another solution.

sonicsleuth

Dec 28, 2018
Hey all, quick question. Trying an install of an Atoto A6Y2710SB, and cannot get any internet connection to work through Wifi OR BT tethering. If I park the car directly next to my window - with the Wifi completely working on my phone - it connects to the Wifi but shows no connection "level" on the Wifi icon, and won't connect through any app (says no network). So I disable Wifi and BT tether to my phone, and the same thing happens - no network. To troubleshoot, I turned off the Wifi on my phone (so I was using data), then turned off the Wifi on my laptop, connected my laptop through BT tethering to my phone, and browsed just fine. Still nothing on my Atoto.

So, I looked at my firmware. 9.4.3. Seems okay, but I factory reset, try all the above solutions... nothing works. I download a new firmware update.zip to USB, update firmware from scratch, wait 20 minutes for that to finish, and then try BT tether... nope. Wifi... nope. Same exact issue. Then, to see if it's an issue with the Wifi antenna, I unplug that from the unit and the Wifi now has a different error - meaning the antenna was working. (And the antenna picked up a ton of Wifi signals from the surrounding area, so it was clearly working.

To restate... I can connect my Atoto to my phone's BT tethering or my apartment's Wifi connection. Under neither of those connections can I access the internet from the Atoto, even though I can from a laptop surfing through the same BT tether connection on my phone.

It seems as though something about the networking functionality in the stereo is just... bad. Am I missing something? Is there some network screen or security feature I'm just not aware of? ANY solutions are welcome. Thank you!

kevdav100

Jul 3, 2014
Hey all, quick question. Trying an install of an Atoto A6Y2710SB, and cannot get any internet connection to work through Wifi OR BT tethering. If I park the car directly next to my window - with the Wifi completely working on my phone - it connects to the Wifi but shows no connection "level" on the Wifi icon, and won't connect through any app (says no network). So I disable Wifi and BT tether to my phone, and the same thing happens - no network. To troubleshoot, I turned off the Wifi on my phone (so I was using data), then turned off the Wifi on my laptop, connected my laptop through BT tethering to my phone, and browsed just fine. Still nothing on my Atoto.

So, I looked at my firmware. 9.4.3. Seems okay, but I factory reset, try all the above solutions... nothing works. I download a new firmware update.zip to USB, update firmware from scratch, wait 20 minutes for that to finish, and then try BT tether... nope. Wifi... nope. Same exact issue. Then, to see if it's an issue with the Wifi antenna, I unplug that from the unit and the Wifi now has a different error - meaning the antenna was working. (And the antenna picked up a ton of Wifi signals from the surrounding area, so it was clearly working.

To restate... I can connect my Atoto to my phone's BT tethering or my apartment's Wifi connection. Under neither of those connections can I access the internet from the Atoto, even though I can from a laptop surfing through the same BT tether connection on my phone.

It seems as though something about the networking functionality in the stereo is just... bad. Am I missing something? Is there some network screen or security feature I'm just not aware of? ANY solutions are welcome. Thank you!
Just check the date and time are set correctly, I have had this several times where the Stereo date and time does not change to the correct time zone, and this gives the no connection error.

sonicsleuth

Dec 28, 2018
Just check the date and time are set correctly, I have had this several times where the Stereo date and time does not change to the correct time zone, and this gives the no connection error.
This felt like a great solution that would solve all my problems... but it doesn't seem to work. I manually changed to the correct time zone and time, and that didn't help. I tried to use GPS time and that didn't change anything (didn't change the time). In fact, when I load Google Maps it doesn't even show a default map... but when I run the GPS Check app to make sure the GPS is detecting, it has signal, shows where I am in the world, etc.

Also, if I go to the settings screen with the network status, there is nothing under "IP address" when hooked up to Wifi, BT tethering, or USB tethering. There is a MAC address and a BT address. And, I hooked a USB between my phone and the face to see if I could USB share... also no network.

If this were a computer, I would say uninstall all the network adapters and and nuke the networking code and reinstall everything... but I've done that with factory reset and network setting reset and it makes no difference. It's like there's a handshake that works (with either BT or Wifi), but after that point, no communication. I'm stumped!

Last edited:

Paxie

Jan 7, 2014
anyone tried the recent update? I'm confused with the 2nd link (MCU) on how it will be used.

We just released the newest firmware update OS9.5.1&MCU, you can download the update file to your SD card (format into FAT32 or NTFS, you would need to delete the previous update file to avoid further trouble) :

OS9.5.1:

Last edited: