• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

vongdong

Jul 13, 2020
Two hidden menu reachable. This two is named "OEM Settings". One is for mic adjustment, and one for other things.

Just go to "Setting" -> "About device" . In there tap some times the "Model Number", I think, or an other. I can't remember, what exatly. This pickup the "OEM Settings" where You can input a password.

The two password is 1238 for MIC settings, and 1617 for other hidden settings.
No other hidden setting menu, just this two.

(Sorry for My English)

Thank you so much for that. Google assistant works so much better now.

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
I have a hard time describing in English what I want. I'm partially using Google Translate, to write what I want. Sorry

So. The ATOTO factory ROM is not the best. They should be upgraded to at least Android 7, but I don't think they will, since the S8 has already come out.
I’m not good at ANDROID, but I’ve looked at a couple of applications and, for example, language files are a disaster within ROM. They are not fully translated into specific languages ​​and a lot of things are left out of them.
The whole ROM should be optimized and usable translations should be done for it.
There are things left out of the translation that are included in the base ANDROID 6. I don’t know why these had to be left out of it.
English is completely included, although there are also some Chinese in it. The other languages ​​are only partially included, so when set to a language other than English, many things remain English. That there is only English in other third party applications is one thing. But the fact that it was omitted from the system, which is included in the base android 6 is very strange.

English is not a problem for me. I don’t speak and write English well, but I understand it. But if the basic things were left out at ATOTO ...
And these are just translation problems.
I also saw things in the system that were left in from the base android, such as vibrating or feedback LED support.
For example, I was unable to repack ZHSystemUI.APK after translating, because contains links to resources that does not exist.
it looks like the entire ROM has been ported from some completely different device.

So I feel like this ROM somehow seems so tangled up. Not ready

Need someone to port another android or make a CUSTOM ROM for it.

Last edited:

vongdong

Jul 13, 2020
So customer service got back to me regarding the deafult volume. They said it can't be changed and it defaults back to 20 because incase someone leaves it at max volume, they won't be startled by the next start up. Dumb.

Lace'n'Pearls

Oct 22, 2019
A hidden menu eh? I'll have to ask them about that. I emailed them yesterday and they just asked if I could change the time & date manually and if the unit starts up in 2secs or not. Thought that was a strange response that had nothing to do with my question.

Not that I can see, settings seem so limited on this unit compared to an android phone/tablet.

Yeah, on the S8 you get to it by tapping the "Settings" option in the Settings app multiple times and entering a password, but as I see from the other poster, on the A6 it is in a different spot (or maybe there are multiple hidden menus - I might have to check!). Glad it worked for your Google Assistant to work better!

That is a weird response from them. I think sometimes, things get lost in translation for them, and they are too serious to understand a joke, but oh well! They have been trying to help me with my questions and issues, much more than any other company does these days.

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

So customer service got back to me regarding the deafult volume. They said it can't be changed and it defaults back to 20 because incase someone leaves it at max volume, they won't be startled by the next start up. Dumb.

Weird! I love the S8's default volume setting because I did one time set the volume super loud due to the lower sound of the show I was watching in the Xfinity Stream app (while parked, of course), and I forgot to turn it down before turning the car off. When I started the car next, it was automatically reset to my lower default volume for listening to music (via Bluetooth), so my ears were not blasted clear out. I didn't know that setting wasn't in the A6, so I'm even more glad I sold it after never getting it installed before they announced the S8 line.

Maybe a third-party app can help? I know there's one I tried on my phone that lets you set a default volume for individual apps because I wanted to try it with Google Assistant, since I'm having issues with the Bluetooth Google Assistant voice (via the S8) sometimes being too low to hear and sometimes being too loud, but it didn't allow me to use it with Google Assistant for some reason.

effebi77

Jul 28, 2020
Hello!
I have recently bought and installed the A6YVW710PB model on my Skoda Yeti (it should be the same Golf VI platform).
With the original Skoda radio I had a menu Audio on the MFD showing radio frequency, track number or name, etc.
Now, with Atoto HU, that menu doesn't show anymore.
I tried to change the canbus parameter on the Atoto hidden menu but nothing changed.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Thanks
Fabio

P.S. the sw version is: AICE OS 9.6 2019-11-12 - MCU ver is: 2019-11-25 3AD0

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
Does anyone know how to actually do a factory reset? Because if I tap factory reset in the settings menu or use the reset pin in the front, a lot of settings remain.
For example, the steering wheel control settings and a few other things don’t get back to factory defaults.

dd3d212

Aug 8, 2020
I would first like to say........Thank you all for your help and patience beforehand.

I purchased an Atoto A6 base...for a 08 nissan sentra se. The radio works and the gps. The person who installed it could not get the Atoto SC3601 to work, nor does the steering wheel control unit that i purchased (
Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface).

We both called the 800 number listed for METRA and was given "basic" instructions on what wiring to do(I called them 2 times and both, were rushed off the phone with little help).
1. The Atoto A6 unit comes on with no issues - radio and wifi works
2. The camera comes on , yet with multiple colors on the display and not the view of the rearview image.
3. Utilizing Both Method 1 & 2 of what is listed on the Metra Axxess website (printed out - the general instructions & the vehicle specific instructions). We could not get the steering wheel to connect.
4. I also purchased SCOSCHE NAA2B Antenna Adapter - (which according to him we didn't need since the Atoto had the piece already. )

This is frustrating since we started this work at 0800 and couldn't''t get it to work. Atoto did send me a possible solution yet, that to couldn't work. Thanks again for any help.

dd3d212

Aug 8, 2020
I have looked for the AICE 9.6 update for the a6y pro version but I can not find the download. Does anyone happen to have the zip? TIA

Here it is ... [......***.dropbox.***/s/2s7eexqbqxmaxru/update.zip?dl=0 *trying to help yet 4 i can't post a link.....the first 3star is world wide web the second 3star is com. Or u can email them directly at atoto support

Reactions: jmkarnai01

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
Atoto A6 firmware

Here it is ... [......***.dropbox.***/s/2s7eexqbqxmaxru/update.zip?dl=0 *trying to help yet 4 i can't post a link.....the first 3star is world wide web the second 3star is com. Or u can email them directly at atoto support

I would noticed that there is a newer version of the shared MCU. When I asked the manufacturer to send me the latest software version, they sent me the link to the latest ROM and the newer MCU firmware was sent as an email attachment. This is newer than what is shared on MYATOTO.

This is the link to the ROM (What you also shared): ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 2019-12-23

And this is the MCU firmware sent by ATOTO: MCU 2019-12-25

Personal Note: It would be time for ATOTO to finally fix the firmware because it is somehow not done that way. Or somehow someone would have to make a custom ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: jmkarnai01

dd3d212

Aug 8, 2020
I would first like to say........Thank you all for your help and patience beforehand.

I purchased an Atoto A6 base...for a 08 nissan sentra se. The radio works and the gps. The person who installed it could not get the Atoto SC3601 to work, nor does the steering wheel control unit that i purchased (
Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface).

We both called the 800 number listed for METRA and was given "basic" instructions on what wiring to do(I called them 2 times and both, were rushed off the phone with little help).
1. The Atoto A6 unit comes on with no issues - radio and wifi works
2. The camera comes on , yet with multiple colors on the display and not the view of the rearview image.
3. Utilizing Both Method 1 & 2 of what is listed on the Metra Axxess website (printed out - the general instructions & the vehicle specific instructions). We could not get the steering wheel to connect.
4. I also purchased SCOSCHE NAA2B Antenna Adapter - (which according to him we didn't need since the Atoto had the piece already. )

This is frustrating since we started this work at 0800 and couldn't''t get it to work. Atoto did send me a possible solution yet, that to couldn't work. Thanks again for any help.

It was fixed ---faulty wiring.

jmkarnai01

Oct 10, 2010
Middlesex, NJ
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
I would noticed that there is a newer version of the shared MCU. When I asked the manufacturer to send me the latest software version, they sent me the link to the latest ROM and the newer MCU firmware was sent as an email attachment. This is newer than what is shared on MYATOTO.

This is the link to the ROM (What you also shared): ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 2019-12-23

And this is the MCU firmware sent by ATOTO: MCU 2019-12-25

Personal Note: It would be time for ATOTO to finally fix the firmware because it is somehow not done that way. Or somehow someone would have to make a custom ROM

Thanks

Novosmaxim

Aug 16, 2020
Hi friends! Can you tell me how to determine if I have a real android 9 and what kind of firmware is needed for my device? I would really appreciate it if you could give me the link. Thank you very much!
KLUDE KD 12108
MCUVer - RL7Ac_KLD9M_dsp_F028 - BNR CY V509-11
FrameworkVer - rk3399-userdebug9PQ2A.190305.002
eng.work2.20200509.195418 test-keys
OSVer - 9 Sat May 9 11:12:56 CST 2020
APPVer - 20200515-1024*768 - 960-kld
Nandflash - 64,00G
RAM - 3G/4G
BTVer - SD_carplay_I2S_20200306_sdk1.6

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
Hi friends! Can you tell me how to determine if I have a real android 9 and what kind of firmware is needed for my device? I would really appreciate it if you could give me the link. Thank you very much!
KLUDE KD 12108
MCUVer - RL7Ac_KLD9M_dsp_F028 - BNR CY V509-11
FrameworkVer - rk3399-userdebug9PQ2A.190305.002
eng.work2.20200509.195418 test-keys
OSVer - 9 Sat May 9 11:12:56 CST 2020
APPVer - 20200515-1024*768 - 960-kld
Nandflash - 64,00G
RAM - 3G/4G
BTVer - SD_carplay_I2S_20200306_sdk1.6

Wrong topic

osegouin

Nov 9, 2007
Player FM on Atoto A6 Pro

What's FM player do you use on A6 pro with RDS and name of station and Icon ?
The internal player does not display names in favorites for example

nimbus22

Mar 31, 2013
I have an Atoto A6 with firmware 9.6 installed. Somehow I uninstalled mirrorlink/easyconnect.

I am trying to reinstall the firmware to get this program back. I downloaded firmware 9.6 again but when I go to the system upgrade setting, it says to contact atoto support for uprade instructions. Is this because I have 9.6 already installed and can't reinstall the same version?

A few months ago I had 9.5 (?) installed and did the upgrade to 9.6 without any problems.

1) is there an easy way to reinstall the easyconnect apk? Is this in a hidden folder somewhere on the Atoto?
2) Has anyone tried reinstalling the firmware to the same version? Is there some trick in doing that?

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
I have an Atoto A6 with firmware 9.6 installed. Somehow I uninstalled mirrorlink/easyconnect.

I am trying to reinstall the firmware to get this program back. I downloaded firmware 9.6 again but when I go to the system upgrade setting, it says to contact atoto support for uprade instructions. Is this because I have 9.6 already installed and can't reinstall the same version?

A few months ago I had 9.5 (?) installed and did the upgrade to 9.6 without any problems.

1) is there an easy way to reinstall the easyconnect apk? Is this in a hidden folder somewhere on the Atoto?
2) Has anyone tried reinstalling the firmware to the same version? Is there some trick in doing that?

This is what the device never did for me. Even if I wanted to put the same firmware on it.

Put UPDATE.ZIP in the root of a memory card or flash drive and plug it in. After some seconds You should see the refresh option.

nimbus22

Mar 31, 2013
Seems I had a corrupt update.zip download. I tried again and this time it updated.

So you can reinstall the same rev of firmware if you run into problems with your Atoto.

comptechltd

Apr 18, 2011
Illinois
For those who have installed the latest update on your a Atoto a6 did you notice any increase in performance or anything making it worthwhile to install?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated my 2 year old A6 to an S8 (Premium, Gen 2). It's WAY better. I liked the A6 but it was annoyingly slow. The S8 is way better and has Android OS10 which allows split screens. Both the Amazon and Atoto websites explain the differences in the models, but if you don't need wireless Apple CarPlay then the Premium is probably the best value. It has the superior screen.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Atoto A6 Pro

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Models
    A6Y2721P Premium 2G+32G-P
    A6YTY721P Premium 2G+32G-P for Select Toyota/Subaru
    A6Y2721PB Premium 2G+32G-PB
    A6Y2721PRB Pro 2G+32G-PRB (No Gesture sensor)
    A6Y2721PRB-G Pro 2G+32G-PRB-G
    A6Y2710S Standard 1G+16G-S
    A6YTY710S Standard 1G+16G-S(Toyota)
    A6Y2710SB Standard 1G+16G-SB

[Video] ATOTO A6 AICE OS 9.4 firmware update

Two hidden menu reachable. This two is named "OEM Settings". One is for mic adjustment, and one for other things.

Just go to "Setting" -> "About device" . In there tap some times the "Model Number", I think, or an other. I can't remember, what exatly. This pickup the "OEM Settings" where You can input a password.

The two password is 1238 for MIC settings, and 1617 for other hidden settings.
    No other hidden setting menu, just this two.
    Official Site
    http://www.myatoto.com

Amazon link

Links for updates and support
    http://support.myatoto.com Official - 07 Jan 2019

ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 for A6 Series is now available for download - 2019-11-07

9.5.1 Firmware mirrors - 19 Jan 2019

Firmware 9.4 Info - 27 June 2019

Firmware Update AICE 9.3 Info - Released
    Thank you for answering i install emil head unit reloaded but when i connect with usb cable or with wifi i have a blackscreen....after few seconds return to home screen...i suppose is a dpi resolution issue? Have you same problem?

Hi maurizyo, it happened to me as well when I was trying emil's hur. What seems to work for me is close everything (clear recent open apps) and do the speed-up feature of atoto (swipe down from notification). Also, looks like I had an issue with usb cable at that time. I was using some cheap usb cable from amazon, but when I tried the usb which came from my samsung, everything is smooth.

With wifi, you need to setup your phone as hotspot and connect atoto a6. This works for me but preferred the cable as it opens up as soon as I connect the phone.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Guys, for quick charge, have you tried opening the quick charge app installed by default in atoto? You may need to select standard vs quick charge to make the quick charge work.
    Hello guys, i have a big problem with bluetooth dialer, when i say "ok google" voice command, work only for maps and apps but don't call, don't write messages...
    I look for an apk that interface google and native dialer and i found tmc dialer...so this apk don't work on this atoto chipset version.
    Have you fixed that? Calling someone with hands free is primary.
    Thank you in advance

Hi maurizyo85, I suggest you install headunit reloaded (Android Auto Emulator) by Emil for hands free voice calling. I have google assistant installed on Atoto A6 too but all it does is voice command to open apps or search/navigate. I even have the Atoto steering wheel control installed but it has simple functionality:
    - media next/prev (does not even have a play/pause),
    - end and answer button (but will no way to at least a function to re-dial previous call)
    - volume up/down
    - voice command button (I have it assigned triggers google assistant but no beep sound to determine that assistant is activated). Again, i have it useful for opening app like "play my private on <spotify>" or navigate to nearest gas station. I have it to work as well on my smart devices at home like "Turn on my living room lights". Again no voice command or hands free calls. Edit: Hands-free/Remote Mic Button call works as long as Atoto is not connected to internet, so either you give up internet on Atoto to gain voice call or access internet without it.

So I end up using Emil's Headunit reloaded to run Android Auto and it works fine with voice command:
    - Call someone like "Ok google, call home"
    - Smart device "Ok google turn on dining room"
    - navigate "ok google navigate to nearest gas station"

So far that 3 above are the most frequently used for me so I end up with Android Auto.

Hope this helps.