• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

GL97443

Sep 6, 2020
Rear camera not working, looking for suggestions

The camera I'm using is Atoto's own AC-4486. All I get is the exclamation mark when shifted into reverse. The camera is getting 12 Vdc when in reverse, I checked. I'm pretty sure the camera and wiring are OK, this leaves me with some kind of issue in the head unit. This is a new unit, I just bought it, everything works except the rear camera. Is there some app in the head unit that needs attention, or would a firmware update help? Any help would be much appreciated! Oh, this is the A6 Pro Model A6Y2721PRB-G.

H4RnIcu7zu

Sep 7, 2020
Hi guys,
Purchased and installed an atoto A6 pro, on my wife's skoda Yeti 2010, and got some few problems with it.
1. Every time I start the car, I hear a Boom noise coming from the speakers. I'm not totally sure I plugged the aux connector, dunno where to put them.
2. I got a constant flickering light in interior lights, the ones from locking the doors button.
3.Can't seem to find the plastic trim cover to fot the radio. Any ideas ?
4. Front camera (Usb one) isn't recognized, I'm afraid my son attached it to the computer and deleted some drivers/files- or windows installed another driver I don't know for sure !
Could you help ?
Thanks in advance !

BarryR1

Jan 7, 2011
Hi guys,
Purchased and installed an atoto A6 pro, on my wife's skoda Yeti 2010, and got some few problems with it.
1. Every time I start the car, I hear a Boom noise coming from the speakers. I'm not totally sure I plugged the aux connector, dunno where to put them.
2. I got a constant flickering light in interior lights, the ones from locking the doors button.
3.Can't seem to find the plastic trim cover to fot the radio. Any ideas ?
4. Front camera (Usb one) isn't recognized, I'm afraid my son attached it to the computer and deleted some drivers/files- or windows installed another driver I don't know for sure !
Could you help ?
Thanks in advance !

1. This happens to me if the car is in the Accessory position (sound coming out) and then after that I start the engine. I believe it's because the amp is powered up and the Atoto makes a thud (not sure if you have a separate amp). If you can't solve it, you can buy a delay device from Amazon (or wherever) to prevent the thud.
2. I can't imagine that has to do with the A6. Did you disturb some wiring?
3. Not sure what you mean. I think it came with a bezel.
4. I only have a rear camera but looking at the instructions, it appears that the front camera needs an RCA plug not USB (just like the rear). I think you have the wrong camera for it unless it's adaptable. I don't think the USBs are for cameras. Drivers get installed on the computer not on the hardware. This has nothing to do with your son connecting it to a PC.

H4RnIcu7zu

Sep 7, 2020
1. This happens to me if the car is in the Accessory position (sound coming out) and then after that I start the engine. I believe it's because the amp is powered up and the Atoto makes a thud (not sure if you have a separate amp). If you can't solve it, you can buy a delay device from Amazon (or wherever) to prevent the thud.
2. I can't imagine that has to do with the A6. Did you disturb some wiring?
3. Not sure what you mean. I think it came with a bezel.
4. I only have a rear camera but looking at the instructions, it appears that the front camera needs an RCA plug not USB (just like the rear). I think you have the wrong camera for it unless it's adaptable. I don't think the USBs are for cameras. Drivers get installed on the computer not on the hardware. This has nothing to do with your son connecting it to a PC.

1. I redid the wiring and connnected the aux wires. It stoped for now. Could you point me to the delay device ? Maybe an amazon link or something.
2. It might be just the light bulbs of the button. Also i saw a slight flickering in the display of the unit when the brightness is turned down.
3. I'll attach a picture. It's the plastic trim that comes around the radio. I seem to have a gap between the radio and the around dashboard. P.S. I don't know how to attach pictures from my phone :eek:
4. Yes I saw that I have the possibility to connect a RCA camera, so I'll return this one, and get a new one, though I don't know where to get the power (+) from ? It will work if i take it from the back camera ? Or it will light up only in reverse ?
Thanks in advance !
Have a nice day ☺️

chadgnibma

Aug 27, 2015
Suggestion

The camera I'm using is Atoto's own AC-4486. All I get is the exclamation mark when shifted into reverse. The camera is getting 12 Vdc [/U]when in reverse, I checked. I'm pretty sure the camera and wiring are OK, this leaves me with some kind of issue in the head unit. This is a new unit, I just bought it, everything works except the rear camera. Is there some app in the head unit that needs attention, or would a firmware update help? Any help would be much appreciated! Oh, this is the A6 Pro Model A6Y2721PRB-G.
My suggestion is to check camera by plugging into middle video and hit the aux button and see if video works..
If it does it must be the trip wire for video feed on the harness on Atoto radio is not getting a 12 volt feed when in reverse...I had to run another wire from the backup light (+) to the trip wire (Pink) on the Atoto harness.

Last edited:

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
I am preparing to finally update my Atoto A6 to the lastest firmware. I get how to handle the update.zip file but what steps do I need to use to update the MCU file?

Copy the update.zip and mcu .bin file to pendrive/sd-card root. Plug the drive to the headunit front usb/card slot. Some seconds later the update window pop-up. Choose the update.zip and follow instructions to update the firmware. After full update process finished and update window pop up again, do the same process, but this time choose the mcu.bin, not the update.zip.

comptechltd

Apr 18, 2011
Illinois
Copy the update.zip and mcu .bin file to pendrive/sd-card root. Plug the drive to the headunit front usb/card slot. Some seconds later the update window pop-up. Choose the update.zip and follow instructions to update the firmware. After full update process finished and update window pop up again, do the same process, but this time choose the mcu.bin, not the update.zip.

Thanks. Got it.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Ok, now I have another minor issue. I had to replace the clockspring in my steering wheel. That is the part that allows the steering wheel buttons to work. Now for whatever reason, when I press the button for 'Next' or the 'Pause/Play' I get an annoying beep through the headunit but weirdly the volume up and down do not beep. I have checked under sounds and have screen touches turned off. I have tried re programming the buttons, restarting the unit everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas?

stang0004

Mar 17, 2009
The app for the radio is directly conected to the electronics parts.. you cant just use different app for FM radio..
FM radio is actually circuitry in the unit. Its not data that streams into the app. The app just controls the circuitry...

Also good news. I ddi learn that the FLAT eq curve can save your personal eq curve unlike the other preset curves.. I tested it.. I clicked on flat, changed teh ciurved. close the eq, reopened, even changed teh eq curve to several others, even turned the unit off. turned off the vehichle.. FLAT setting stated the...

HOWEVER, this unit is just not something i want to keep... Its been a pain in my AZZ to be honest... This is a new venture that has not yet been really perfected.. The Atoto units have good idea but the outcome is not so good. The biggest problems i have is the fact that there is no crossovers... Why the hell would i want a subwoofer out and the subwoofer volume dont change ? The crossver on the subwoofe rsucks.. there is no crossover on the other 4 channels so basically i have bass playing through all my speakers... Well I had to go buy some adapters and jerry rig the unit.. It sall nonsense.. So Ill be selling it on fleBay.... I bought a old school stereo deck with auxiliary inputs.. Ill just connect my phone to the deck and listen to whatever through the aux input... maybe in 3 years atoto will come out with a better model.. till then... i dont even wanna look at this thing again tbh...

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

OK Ok point made... obviously you had some issues... i dont doubt it now... another reason why im selling mine...
I went and looked at your pics... this unit is nothing but a metal can with a few chips... im surprised it actually does what it does!

I had nothing but problems with my Atoto Pro AY6, music app popping up, Pandora playing half songs and skipping ahead, running really slow, rebooting on its own, I contacted amazon guy i bought it from, got right back , didn't work left me with black screen, ended up spending 5 hrs tryn to update firmware, after that i did a factory reset , Installed Carwebguru app / interface, updated apps like sirius xm, Pandora, Maps, everything works perfect, gestures was causing pop up issues , i just have the volume up / down enabled and it works , Pandor works, Tork finally works showing gauges , This interface should come with the radio , and you can customize the whole interface, I loaded 8gb of music on the usb drive , and the factory MP3 player works great. I attached a pic

Last edited:

bcdudley1

Aug 5, 2016
I have had the A6Y2721PRB Pro in my truck for a little over a year now. The microphone has never worked on it. I have tried both with and without the external microphone plugged in. I checked with a voice recorder app and it shows nothing at all, not even low level background noise. It is like it is muted. I have also tried doing a reset and firmware upgrade. I am currently on 9.5.1.
The entire system has been slow and generally unimpressive. I am pretty much ready to toss it in the trash. Is there anything I can do before tossing $250 away?

Last edited:

mcaptur

Jun 11, 2007
I have had the A6Y2721PRB Pro in my truck for a little over a year now. The microphone has never worked on it. I have tried both with and without the external microphone plugged in. I checked with a voice recorder app and it shows nothing at all, not even low level background noise. It is like it is muted. I have also tried doing a reset and firmware upgrade. I am currently on 9.5.1.
The entire system has been slow and generally unimpressive. I am pretty much ready to toss it in the trash. Is there anything I can do before tossing $250 away?

Agreed the HW is unusably slow! I wonder how i found so many positive reviews about product before buying it! I installed Headunit Reloaded and use it for android auto exclusively - that works ok now.

coolkumpel

May 6, 2010
Hi to all,
Hope this is the correct thread to my issue.
I got a A6Y2721P now but I can’t get the sound to work, no beeps, nothing!! I have read plenty of threads & vids concerning blue wires, amps and so on. Here my problem:
I got a Mazda 5, the original radio works properly. Since 3 years I was using a Xomax radio with no issues. I connect the xomax with a Mazda iso connector, the two blue wires(amp & antenna) are not connected.
When I connect the Atoto with the same connector I get no sound. Connecting either blue wires to Red brings no success.
I have checked red & yellow with the multimeter, all work as supposed.
Please help.

Rita159

Sep 27, 2020
Models
A6Y2721P Premium 2G+32G-P
A6YTY721P Premium 2G+32G-P for Select Toyota/Subaru
A6Y2721PB Premium 2G+32G-PB
A6Y2721PRB Pro 2G+32G-PRB (No Gesture sensor)
A6Y2721PRB-G Pro 2G+32G-PRB-G
A6Y2710S Standard 1G+16G-S
A6YTY710S Standard 1G+16G-S(Toyota)
A6Y2710SB Standard 1G+16G-SB

[Video] ATOTO A6 AICE OS 9.4 firmware update

Haha it really surprised me to see a thread about Atoto here, my car headunit is Atoto and I love it! really running well while I using it.

nmashe1

Apr 2, 2018

Have you tried adjusting the Mic gain control? I believe you tap 4x on 'Model' in settings, when prompted for code, enter 1238.
My apologies if this was previously suggested.

Papanine

Oct 18, 2020
I have an A6 Pro installed in my 2011 F250. It has worked great since I put it in. Until today. I typically use my phone as a hotspot and connect the A6 to it via WiFi. Now it reads "connected, no internet". Then the "no internet" part goes away. Everything seems connected right and I can see the signal strength is good. Just no internet. Tried my home WiFi network. Same thing. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

nimbus22

Mar 31, 2013
I have an A6 Pro installed in my 2011 F250. It has worked great since I put it in. Until today. I typically use my phone as a hotspot and connect the A6 to it via WiFi. Now it reads "connected, no internet". Then the "no internet" part goes away. Everything seems connected right and I can see the signal strength is good. Just no internet. Tried my home WiFi network. Same thing. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

If it used to work and now it doesn't, I would try rebooting the A6. Wifi works but sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to get connected to the phone or router.

Also there is a wifi antenna in the back. Make sure that is still connected.

BranMakMorn

Jul 13, 2013
Morning.
I have a A6 Pro.
Is there a chance to increase "Boot - Time".
Mine takes around 20-30 sec. to boot.

I´ve found an article "how the only 2s to boot works"...

How do/can I enable it...?

Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated my 2 year old A6 to an S8 (Premium, Gen 2). It's WAY better. I liked the A6 but it was annoyingly slow. The S8 is way better and has Android OS10 which allows split screens. Both the Amazon and Atoto websites explain the differences in the models, but if you don't need wireless Apple CarPlay then the Premium is probably the best value. It has the superior screen.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Atoto A6 Pro

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Models
    A6Y2721P Premium 2G+32G-P
    A6YTY721P Premium 2G+32G-P for Select Toyota/Subaru
    A6Y2721PB Premium 2G+32G-PB
    A6Y2721PRB Pro 2G+32G-PRB (No Gesture sensor)
    A6Y2721PRB-G Pro 2G+32G-PRB-G
    A6Y2710S Standard 1G+16G-S
    A6YTY710S Standard 1G+16G-S(Toyota)
    A6Y2710SB Standard 1G+16G-SB

[Video] ATOTO A6 AICE OS 9.4 firmware update

Two hidden menu reachable. This two is named "OEM Settings". One is for mic adjustment, and one for other things.

Just go to "Setting" -> "About device" . In there tap some times the "Model Number", I think, or an other. I can't remember, what exatly. This pickup the "OEM Settings" where You can input a password.

The two password is 1238 for MIC settings, and 1617 for other hidden settings.
    No other hidden setting menu, just this two.
    Official Site
    http://www.myatoto.com

Amazon link

Links for updates and support
    http://support.myatoto.com Official - 07 Jan 2019

ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 for A6 Series is now available for download - 2019-11-07

9.5.1 Firmware mirrors - 19 Jan 2019

Firmware 9.4 Info - 27 June 2019

Firmware Update AICE 9.3 Info - Released
    Thank you for answering i install emil head unit reloaded but when i connect with usb cable or with wifi i have a blackscreen....after few seconds return to home screen...i suppose is a dpi resolution issue? Have you same problem?

Hi maurizyo, it happened to me as well when I was trying emil's hur. What seems to work for me is close everything (clear recent open apps) and do the speed-up feature of atoto (swipe down from notification). Also, looks like I had an issue with usb cable at that time. I was using some cheap usb cable from amazon, but when I tried the usb which came from my samsung, everything is smooth.

With wifi, you need to setup your phone as hotspot and connect atoto a6. This works for me but preferred the cable as it opens up as soon as I connect the phone.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Guys, for quick charge, have you tried opening the quick charge app installed by default in atoto? You may need to select standard vs quick charge to make the quick charge work.
    Hello guys, i have a big problem with bluetooth dialer, when i say "ok google" voice command, work only for maps and apps but don't call, don't write messages...
    I look for an apk that interface google and native dialer and i found tmc dialer...so this apk don't work on this atoto chipset version.
    Have you fixed that? Calling someone with hands free is primary.
    Thank you in advance

Hi maurizyo85, I suggest you install headunit reloaded (Android Auto Emulator) by Emil for hands free voice calling. I have google assistant installed on Atoto A6 too but all it does is voice command to open apps or search/navigate. I even have the Atoto steering wheel control installed but it has simple functionality:
    - media next/prev (does not even have a play/pause),
    - end and answer button (but will no way to at least a function to re-dial previous call)
    - volume up/down
    - voice command button (I have it assigned triggers google assistant but no beep sound to determine that assistant is activated). Again, i have it useful for opening app like "play my private on <spotify>" or navigate to nearest gas station. I have it to work as well on my smart devices at home like "Turn on my living room lights". Again no voice command or hands free calls. Edit: Hands-free/Remote Mic Button call works as long as Atoto is not connected to internet, so either you give up internet on Atoto to gain voice call or access internet without it.

So I end up using Emil's Headunit reloaded to run Android Auto and it works fine with voice command:
    - Call someone like "Ok google, call home"
    - Smart device "Ok google turn on dining room"
    - navigate "ok google navigate to nearest gas station"

So far that 3 above are the most frequently used for me so I end up with Android Auto.

Hope this helps.