• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

scorpie67

Nov 26, 2010
20-30 seconds is the time for a cold start. There a two wires, one for a connection directly to 12V+ (battery) and one for the ignition. You have to connect both.

BranMakMorn

Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, find that out by myselv... Thanks anyway..
Only thing is, what about the Battery Life...
Car is now for 5 Days in the Garage, 2 more, and I´ll check if the car still start...

scorpie67

Nov 26, 2010
If I lock my car the amp shows 20mA after a while, I think it takes some time for all the control units to sleep/standby or what everyou will call it

Oct 23, 2011
Happy new year friends,

my atoto a6 pro A6Y2721PRB bluetooth 1 connects just fine with my huawei phones, pair status connected. When I try to play music nothing can be heard.

last time I had this issue , I restarted to factory settings but , once again it has failed on me.

Any idea how to get it fixed?

slimpyman

Nov 30, 2008
arlington heights, il
Anyone suggest how to keep it from killing my battery. im working only a few days a week, and it seems i need to jump my car every time. the unit does go into standby when i pull the key out the ignition. But the bottom left button that has a little power icon doesnt really turn it off regardless how long it is held in.

k5spencer

Jan 25, 2021
ATOTO A6 Pro A6Y2721PR Is there a way to rotate screen from landscape to portrait and then back? I have downloaded an off-roading mapping app and it displays in landscape which is great most of the time. Need to be able to rotate to portrait sometimes to access menu buttons on app. These screen shots are from phone so you can see app buttons in portrait. Atoto currently displays in landscape like top screen shot.
Screenshot_20210125-051841_onX Offroad_resized.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-051826_onX Offroad_resized.jpg

cartainment

May 29, 2019
Is there any way to fully shut down the A6 Pro on demand? I tried to install an app that shows the power menu and I managed to power it off but then after few seconds it boots itself back again. I need to do that because I'm using the car only once a week nowadays for a short drive, which isn't enough to charge the battery much and because of that, the 7 days of inactivity never come, so the A6 Pro never goes into deep sleep and keeps chopping the voltage slowly. Any idea?

Kombucha_man

Feb 6, 2021
I just installed atoto a6 into a ford f450 2011.
Soldered all wires that came with the wiring harness to a wiring harness for my truck.
When i plug the wiring harness in the buttons flash blue...breifly....then if i hold the display so that the sun shines on it i can see the animation that is displayed during start up. Then i can very faintly see the home screen. But it goes blank after about 5 seconds. What could my problem be?

effebi77

Jul 28, 2020
Hello!
I have recently bought and installed the A6YVW710PB model on my Skoda Yeti (it should be the same Golf VI platform).
With the original Skoda radio I had a menu Audio on the MFD showing radio frequency, track number or name, etc.
Now, with Atoto HU, that menu doesn't show anymore.
I tried to change the canbus parameter on the Atoto hidden menu but nothing changed.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Thanks
Fabio

P.S. the sw version is: AICE OS 9.6 2019-11-12 - MCU ver is: 2019-11-25 3AD0

No one experienced this?
Thanks

NicoPT

Mar 21, 2021
Is there any way to fully shut down the A6 Pro on demand? I tried to install an app that shows the power menu and I managed to power it off but then after few seconds it boots itself back again. I need to do that because I'm using the car only once a week nowadays for a short drive, which isn't enough to charge the battery much and because of that, the 7 days of inactivity never come, so the A6 Pro never goes into deep sleep and keeps chopping the voltage slowly. Any idea?
You could put a switch on the yellow cable and link the red wire to the fuse box.

Reactions: sd_shadow

jackohound

Oct 16, 2018
Boston
You could put a switch on the yellow cable and link the red wire to the fuse box.
I agree. Installing a switch on the yellow wire would completely disconnect the ATOTO from your battery. Otherwise, I'm not aware of any menu option on ATOTO that will force a full shutdown earlier than the "7 days of inactivity".

neers13

Jun 28, 2014
I love the stereo but I can not make the steering wheel work with axxess ASWC-1 does anyone have any suggestions of what can I do?
Hi I have an adapter for SWC, I'm planning to buy Atoto A6, were you able to use SWC with your radio? My car is Kia Rio sedan 2013, had Joying radio, complete crap

neverhighalwayslow

Apr 28, 2021
Hi just installed an a6 into my car and got it all set up. Only thing I can't seem to figure out is if there is a way to rearrange the apps in the actual apps menu, not just on the home screen. Talking about the menu that is brought up by pressing the middle square with 6 dots that shows all of your apps.

CanadianIceTech

May 2, 2021
Been running this for a couple years, and overall it's really good!

However, couple things I'd like to fix.

First, the audio quality. I have it hooked up to my factory amplified system wired up to the wiring harness on the back of the deck. However, it seems to be missing a lot of the low end and the audio is very "flat" even with the low end raised in the equalizer. The factory amp sends the low end to the door speakers, and while they are working they aren't nearly as high volume as they normally would.

With the factory stereo (or any other aftermarket stereo), the door speakers have enough bass coming out to vibrate the outside mirror. Not the case with this even at max volume. Normally you can "feel" a decent amount of bass, but absolutely none at max volume. Its like listening to music on my tv.

If I were to use the RCA outputs, would that maybe fix my issue? I also have a separate equalizer I could run it through that I purchased when I attempted to mount a tablet in the dash. The car only takes 2 inputs (1 left and 1 right), and it splits it up among the 6 speakers accordingly.

Second, for the camera.

I have an RCA camera I'm trying to hook up as a dash cam. I have the power wire on the radio end of the harness hooked up to the reverse camera + cable on the harness. Then the power/ground on the camera end of the harness to the radio switched power source and the radio ground.

When I plug it into the reverse camera input, it shows the camera view on the screen. Works fine, aside I can't exit that view at all.

When I plug it into either of the other two video inputs, it automatically goes to show it on the screen (similar to a backup camera) but it shows a black screen with a triangle and exclamation mark. I also cannot exit this screen until I disconnect the camera from the power source.

If I leave the camera end hooked up to power/ground, and disconnect the wire connected to the reverse camera + wire on the harness, the camera apps don't recognize a camera.

Hopefully that's not too confusing.

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Been running this for a couple years, and overall it's really good!

However, couple things I'd like to fix.

First, the audio quality. I have it hooked up to my factory amplified system wired up to the wiring harness on the back of the deck. However, it seems to be missing a lot of the low end and the audio is very "flat" even with the low end raised in the equalizer. The factory amp sends the low end to the door speakers, and while they are working they aren't nearly as high volume as they normally would.

With the factory stereo (or any other aftermarket stereo), the door speakers have enough bass coming out to vibrate the outside mirror. Not the case with this even at max volume. Normally you can "feel" a decent amount of bass, but absolutely none at max volume. Its like listening to music on my tv.

If I were to use the RCA outputs, would that maybe fix my issue? I also have a separate equalizer I could run it through that I purchased when I attempted to mount a tablet in the dash. The car only takes 2 inputs (1 left and 1 right), and it splits it up among the 6 speakers accordingly.
[…]
This implies that you’ve successfully used other aftermarket head units, yet you aren’t really clear on what sort of input your factory amp is expecting or how to hook it up. I say this because you’re asking a technical question without providing enough details about your setup to enable anyone to provide a useful answer.

When you say “the car only takes 2 inputs (1 left and 1 right)…” I’m guessing it wants line-level stereo input (2-channel stereo). Normally this would be sourced from your ATOTO’s front channel RCA outputs. My guess is your factory head unit sends the positive L & R signals on 2 wires (what you’re calling “inputs”) along with a common signal ground on a third wire.

Here’s the thing. Factory amps are designed only for factory head units. They don’t have standard I/O ports with a choice to use high-level or low-level inputs with knobs to adjust gain or crossover frequencies… They only really work well with a specific head unit connected in a specific way. Change the head unit and you’re on your own with wishful thinking. Aftermarket wiring harnesses for your car can be useful and will generally steer you in the direction of the using either RCA inputs for amp integration (cross your fingers) or high-level speaker outputs going directly to the car’s speakers.

I don’t know what your talking about on the dash cam stuff (I’ve only used the backup camera with mine).

Last edited:

CanadianIceTech

May 2, 2021
I have the car specific harness for the car. (2005 Dodge Magnum RT)

It's a factory Boston acoustics system, and the previous radio I had was the Pioneer Appradio, and it sounded better than the factory unit. However, it lacked the functionality I wanted hence going to an android unit.

The car takes only 2 inputs as the amp is designed to control the fade, etc and send specific ranges to certain speakers (for example low end to the doors, high end to the dash)

So I'm just wondering if the RCA outputs would have a better/more whole sound compared to the wiring from the stereo harness. The pioneer deck I took the output from the wiring harness (can't recall if it had RCA)

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Well, it seems odd that it works at all if it wasn’t hooked up about right. Have you accidentally set a high pass filter on the ATOTO by turning on its subwoofer output? Have you set the ATOTO’s “listening position” (the stupid UI for adjusting balance and fade) to 100% front and center?

Can anyone point me to a good summary of the various models?
Amazon lists 4 or 5 models, all at difference prices, and I'm not sure of the difference in specs.

$172.41 (used)

A6Y2710SB​

ATOTO A6 Double Din Android Car Navigation Stereo with Dual Bluetooth - Standard A6Y2710SB 1G/16G Car Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi/BT Tethering Internet,Support 256G SD &More​

$199

A6G2A7KL​

[New] ATOTO A6 Double Din A6G2A7KL KarLink Android Car in-Dash Navigation, Dual Bluetooth, WiFi/BT/USB Tethering Internet, CarPlay & Android Auto Connection, LRV, 1G+32GB (7 Inch UDH07D)​

$219

A6Y2721PB​

ATOTO A6 Android Car Navigation Stereo w/Dual Bluetooth & Quick Charge - Premium A6Y2721PB 2G/32G Universal Auto Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi/BT Tethering Internet,Support 256G SD & More​

$239

A6Y2721PRB​

ATOTO A6 Pro A6Y2721PRB Double DIN Android Car Navigation Stereo - Dual Bluetooth w/aptX - Fast Phone Charge/Ultra Preamplifier - in Dash Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi,Support 256G SD &More​

$254

A6Y2721PRB-G​

ATOTO A6 Android Car Navigation Stereo with Dual Bluetooth & Phone Fast Charge - PRO A6Y2721PRB-G 2GB / 32GB 2DIN in Dash Entertainment Multimedia Radio,Gesture Operation,WiFi, Support 256G SD &More​

BarryR1

Jan 7, 2011
Can anyone point me to a good summary of the various models?
Amazon lists 4 or 5 models, all at difference prices, and I'm not sure of the difference in specs.

$172.41 (used)

A6Y2710SB​

ATOTO A6 Double Din Android Car Navigation Stereo with Dual Bluetooth - Standard A6Y2710SB 1G/16G Car Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi/BT Tethering Internet,Support 256G SD &More​

$199

A6G2A7KL​

[New] ATOTO A6 Double Din A6G2A7KL KarLink Android Car in-Dash Navigation, Dual Bluetooth, WiFi/BT/USB Tethering Internet, CarPlay & Android Auto Connection, LRV, 1G+32GB (7 Inch UDH07D)​

$219

A6Y2721PB​

ATOTO A6 Android Car Navigation Stereo w/Dual Bluetooth & Quick Charge - Premium A6Y2721PB 2G/32G Universal Auto Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi/BT Tethering Internet,Support 256G SD & More​

$239

A6Y2721PRB​

ATOTO A6 Pro A6Y2721PRB Double DIN Android Car Navigation Stereo - Dual Bluetooth w/aptX - Fast Phone Charge/Ultra Preamplifier - in Dash Entertainment Multimedia Radio,WiFi,Support 256G SD &More​

$254

A6Y2721PRB-G​

ATOTO A6 Android Car Navigation Stereo with Dual Bluetooth & Phone Fast Charge - PRO A6Y2721PRB-G 2GB / 32GB 2DIN in Dash Entertainment Multimedia Radio,Gesture Operation,WiFi, Support 256G SD &More​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated my 2 year old A6 to an S8 (Premium, Gen 2). It's WAY better. I liked the A6 but it was annoyingly slow. The S8 is way better and has Android OS10 which allows split screens. Both the Amazon and Atoto websites explain the differences in the models, but if you don't need wireless Apple CarPlay then the Premium is probably the best value. It has the superior screen.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Atoto A6 Pro

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Models
    A6Y2721P Premium 2G+32G-P
    A6YTY721P Premium 2G+32G-P for Select Toyota/Subaru
    A6Y2721PB Premium 2G+32G-PB
    A6Y2721PRB Pro 2G+32G-PRB (No Gesture sensor)
    A6Y2721PRB-G Pro 2G+32G-PRB-G
    A6Y2710S Standard 1G+16G-S
    A6YTY710S Standard 1G+16G-S(Toyota)
    A6Y2710SB Standard 1G+16G-SB

[Video] ATOTO A6 AICE OS 9.4 firmware update

Two hidden menu reachable. This two is named "OEM Settings". One is for mic adjustment, and one for other things.

Just go to "Setting" -> "About device" . In there tap some times the "Model Number", I think, or an other. I can't remember, what exatly. This pickup the "OEM Settings" where You can input a password.

The two password is 1238 for MIC settings, and 1617 for other hidden settings.
    No other hidden setting menu, just this two.
    Official Site
    http://www.myatoto.com

Amazon link

Links for updates and support
    http://support.myatoto.com Official - 07 Jan 2019

ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 for A6 Series is now available for download - 2019-11-07

9.5.1 Firmware mirrors - 19 Jan 2019

Firmware 9.4 Info - 27 June 2019

Firmware Update AICE 9.3 Info - Released
    Thank you for answering i install emil head unit reloaded but when i connect with usb cable or with wifi i have a blackscreen....after few seconds return to home screen...i suppose is a dpi resolution issue? Have you same problem?

Hi maurizyo, it happened to me as well when I was trying emil's hur. What seems to work for me is close everything (clear recent open apps) and do the speed-up feature of atoto (swipe down from notification). Also, looks like I had an issue with usb cable at that time. I was using some cheap usb cable from amazon, but when I tried the usb which came from my samsung, everything is smooth.

With wifi, you need to setup your phone as hotspot and connect atoto a6. This works for me but preferred the cable as it opens up as soon as I connect the phone.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Guys, for quick charge, have you tried opening the quick charge app installed by default in atoto? You may need to select standard vs quick charge to make the quick charge work.
    Hello guys, i have a big problem with bluetooth dialer, when i say "ok google" voice command, work only for maps and apps but don't call, don't write messages...
    I look for an apk that interface google and native dialer and i found tmc dialer...so this apk don't work on this atoto chipset version.
    Have you fixed that? Calling someone with hands free is primary.
    Thank you in advance

Hi maurizyo85, I suggest you install headunit reloaded (Android Auto Emulator) by Emil for hands free voice calling. I have google assistant installed on Atoto A6 too but all it does is voice command to open apps or search/navigate. I even have the Atoto steering wheel control installed but it has simple functionality:
    - media next/prev (does not even have a play/pause),
    - end and answer button (but will no way to at least a function to re-dial previous call)
    - volume up/down
    - voice command button (I have it assigned triggers google assistant but no beep sound to determine that assistant is activated). Again, i have it useful for opening app like "play my private on <spotify>" or navigate to nearest gas station. I have it to work as well on my smart devices at home like "Turn on my living room lights". Again no voice command or hands free calls. Edit: Hands-free/Remote Mic Button call works as long as Atoto is not connected to internet, so either you give up internet on Atoto to gain voice call or access internet without it.

So I end up using Emil's Headunit reloaded to run Android Auto and it works fine with voice command:
    - Call someone like "Ok google, call home"
    - Smart device "Ok google turn on dining room"
    - navigate "ok google navigate to nearest gas station"

So far that 3 above are the most frequently used for me so I end up with Android Auto.

Hope this helps.