[Help Thread][Atoto A6 Pro] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

Colonel-Panic

May 9, 2022
Here's one question of the thousand or so I have:

I have an ATOTO A6 PF (model A6G2A7PF). I'm trying to use Road Recorder 4.3.2 to record my rear view camera but it doesn't seem to write the video files. Below is an example of what's being written:

Code:
-rwxrwxrwx  1 colonel  staff     0B May  9 15:21 video_15-21.mp4
-rwxrwxrwx  1 colonel  staff    11K May  9 15:23 video_15-21.srt
-rwxrwxrwx  1 colonel  staff    17K May  9 15:23 video_15-21.xml
-rwxrwxrwx  1 colonel  staff     0B May  9 15:23 video_15-23.mp4
-rwxrwxrwx  1 colonel  staff     0B May  9 15:24 video_15-23.srt
-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 colonel  staff    13K May  9 15:24 video_15-23.xml

You can see that it's writing XML and SRT files fine but the video files are 0 bytes. To the best of my knowledge, Road Recorder has full privileges. What should I be looking at to fix this issue?

Tech_Setup.exe

May 12, 2022
Hello guys, I have 1 major issue with this unit (Atoto A6 Pro). I use spotify on my phone, but in the car, i prefer to have it directly installed on the unit, and not streaming in it by the bt on the phone. With the "free" spotify from the play store i have just no problems, the app installs fine and works just fine. But i can't get to work any of the "mod free apk" i find on the web i even verified the system architecture with the various app. But every single time i try to install one of that mod apk i always have the same result, app not installed and i can't get to know why. I have just removed and cleared the cache of the apps but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have some ideas? Thanks

RHCPayne

May 27, 2022
I just got an ATOTO A6 Performance last week. I updated it to the most recent version of Android. That being said...

I bought this basically ONLY to watch Amazon Prime Video, HBOmax, Hulu, Disney+, and YouTubeTV. Amazon Prime Video works fine. Disney+ and Hulu both say that the app is not compatible with the Android version. YouTubeTV will load the app, show the selection screens and line-ups, but when you click play it never completes loading. This same thing happened when I used the web browser to login to Hulu and Disney+. It just spins the wait wheel endlessly. HBOmax will show the subtitles as the show or movie plays, but no video or sound. I tried casting with an iPad and an error saying something about the video being unplayable kept popping up. I contacted CS, and they told me to live with it like this or send it back. Is there a fix for any of this? I don't really know much about Android operating systems, do they use Codecs?

I've attached pics of the About device screen.

Attachments

• ATOTO A6 PF Info 1.jpg
    ATOTO A6 PF Info 1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 139
  • ATOTO A6 PF Info 2.jpg
    ATOTO A6 PF Info 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 137

WildWest66

Jun 1, 2022
I just got an ATOTO A6 Performance last week. I updated it to the most recent version of Android. That being said...

I bought this basically ONLY to watch Amazon Prime Video, HBOmax, Hulu, Disney+, and YouTubeTV. Amazon Prime Video works fine. Disney+ and Hulu both say that the app is not compatible with the Android version. YouTubeTV will load the app, show the selection screens and line-ups, but when you click play it never completes loading. This same thing happened when I used the web browser to login to Hulu and Disney+. It just spins the wait wheel endlessly. HBOmax will show the subtitles as the show or movie plays, but no video or sound. I tried casting with an iPad and an error saying something about the video being unplayable kept popping up. I contacted CS, and they told me to live with it like this or send it back. Is there a fix for any of this? I don't really know much about Android operating systems, do they use Codecs?

I've attached pics of the About device screen.
I would recommend requesting Atoto support send you the factory OS that it was shipped with. Try reverting back to it and see if it fixes your issue.

WildWest66

Jun 1, 2022
Does anybody know what the Atoto A6 PF model A6G2A7PF exact screen size in MM is by length and width? I purchased a screen protector from Boxwave that is a little to long (width fits perfectly). I want to give them the exact measurements so they can update their design.

BTW, since Atoto discontinued their screen protectors Boxwave has them for several models now.
https://www.boxwave.com/atoto-accessories/bwefmd/fvtf/

lordkramuk

Mar 5, 2015
Just got an A6 the other day great unit, but I have a really weird issue, pressing the volume up button (+) on the actual head unit, makes the google assistant come up, I have not set any special instructions to do this, as I tried factory reset as well, also tried uninstalling assistant app and same thing happens, anyone know why?

Remy70

Jun 17, 2022
Can someone please tell me how to turn on omri on my android 10 head unit on dab z please? Can’t find it anywhere and have looked in settings and still can’t find? Thanx

IINamelessII

Jul 11, 2022
Hi, how to set a setting to be enabled by default (on launching the car)? For example, how to set subuffer to be enabled by default and don't go to settings - sound - subuffer on any launch?

subwoofer* XD

Quiche2192

Jul 21, 2022
I have a 6PF and I've noticed that the button backlights do not illuminate automatically when cycling power on the unit. I have to keep going into the settings and toggle the panel illumination setting every time. Any solutions to this? I have a video showing the issue:

In your video I don't see any cycling power on the video using vehicle ignition.

By default the back panel lights will illuminate only when the car lights(Parking/Headlight) turned ON provided of you have connected the "Illumination" cable correctly. Hope helps!

Quiche2192

Jul 21, 2022
In your video I don't see any cycling power on the video using vehicle ignition.

By default the back panel lights will illuminate only when the car lights(Parking/Headlight) turned ON provided of you have connected the "Illumination" cable correctly. Hope helps!
Yeah I just used the power button. I do not have the illumination cable connected. I expected that if the panel illumination setting is set to on in the settings menu as seen in the video, it will stay on regardless of the illumination cable or vehicle ignition state. But I'll connect it and see what happens. Thanks

jrubins

Jan 28, 2013
Hi all, I have two issues with my new Atoto head unit (A6 performance, but AFAICT it's the same as the "Pro" in these issues)
issue 1:
What I'd like to do is run an app called Harry's Lap Timer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harrys.laptimerpro&hl=en_US&gl=US
This app enables an android device to use the camera to record video, and it overlays data from OBD2, as well as GPS, and internal sensors. It's a very powerful tool for track driving. I've What it can't do on the Atoto head unit is connect to the camera to record.

I have tried connecting the front (usb camera): no video
I've tried connecting the rear (backup camera): no video
i've tried connecting the backup camera to the "front camera" video input: nothing
I've tried connecting the backup camera to the "aux video" input and nothing.
I've also tried Trackaddict which is a different app with similar functionality

So my question is: is there a way to enable Harry's Lap timer to access the camera devices so it can record video? If I need to remove the USB camera and use a video camera like the backup camera, that's no problem. Ideally, I'd like it to record using that HD USB camera and the 128gb card in that camera.

Issue 2:
I'd like to have the crossover frequency in the eq settings go from 20hz-20khz for both the low pass and high pass filters so I can properly crossover electronically from woofers to tweeters. I'm using the rear channels to drive my tweeters and the front channels to drive my woofers. The current range of adjustment isn't as much as I'd like for the low pass or high pass filters. Is there some hidden settings to get more full control of the DSP?

Thanks,
jrubins

About Q1: let's talk about the type of camera and port you are connecting to.

Is that camera is a USB plug and play type or analog signaled RCA connector type?

Second, are you trying to connect that camera to back up camera connector (RCA reverse camera port) or to a auxiliary (External Input RCA) connector?

jrubins

Jan 28, 2013
About Q1: let's talk about the type of camera and port you are connecting to.

Is that camera is a USB plug and play type or analog signaled RCA connector type?

Second, are you trying to connect that camera to back up camera connector (RCA reverse camera port) or to a auxiliary (External Input RCA) connector?
I'm using this USB camera https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0822KMK48/r which has a built-in micro SD card. this works fine with the native hd-dvr app, but not with Harry's Lap timer

And this backup camera which uses RCA ATOTO AC-HD01LR (from this package https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PDL2JM2 )
Since the backup camera is RCA type, I can connect it to the backup camera input, works with native app, not with Harry's Lap Timer (HLT) or trackaddict.
I've tried plugging the backup camera into the front camera rca input, which also works with the native "fcam" app but not with HLT
And I've tried plugging into the auxiliary video input, which also works with the native video input app, but not visible in HLT.

So the cameras all work just fine, it's definitely some kind of software thing.
Thanks!

Has anyone tried rooting the A6 PF (A6G2A7PF) yet? I've been trying to source some stuff but I have to wait on a new USB A - USB A cable to come in from Amazon before I can try anything. I've been looking at the various threads on here regarding the S8 and the S8 Ultra, keeping notes here and there. Just wanted to see if anyone else had taken the initiative.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    Specific to

Atoto A6 Pro

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep the discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    ...​
    ...​
    ...​

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.​
    If you have ROM-related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!​
    Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!​
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read

Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Models
    A6Y2721P Premium 2G+32G-P
    A6YTY721P Premium 2G+32G-P for Select Toyota/Subaru
    A6Y2721PB Premium 2G+32G-PB
    A6Y2721PRB Pro 2G+32G-PRB (No Gesture sensor)
    A6Y2721PRB-G Pro 2G+32G-PRB-G
    A6Y2710S Standard 1G+16G-S
    A6YTY710S Standard 1G+16G-S(Toyota)
    A6Y2710SB Standard 1G+16G-SB

[Video] ATOTO A6 AICE OS 9.4 firmware update

Two hidden menu reachable. This two is named "OEM Settings". One is for mic adjustment, and one for other things.

Just go to "Setting" -> "About device" . In there tap some times the "Model Number", I think, or an other. I can't remember, what exatly. This pickup the "OEM Settings" where You can input a password.

The two password is 1238 for MIC settings, and 1617 for other hidden settings.
    No other hidden setting menu, just this two.
    Official Site
    http://www.myatoto.com

Amazon link

Links for updates and support
    http://support.myatoto.com Official - 07 Jan 2019

9.7 version for A6Y2721PB

ATOTO AICE OS 9.6 for A6 Series is now available for download - 2019-11-07

9.5.1 Firmware mirrors - 19 Jan 2019

Firmware 9.4 Info - 27 June 2019

Firmware Update AICE 9.3 Info - Released
    I second @Maurizyo85's suggestion about using Android Auto for hands free calling over bluetooth. The ATOTO A6 Pro is a good unit, but I think using Android Auto is a much better experience than using the ATOTO apps for hands free calling and music playback. I also use Emil's Head Unit Reloaded which works well. In addition to what was already listed, these are a few other of my regular driving commands:
    "Ok google, Play [insert your favorite artist]"
    "Ok Google, Send a text message to [insert your contact name]"
    "OK Google, Set a reminder for [insert whatever and whenever]"
    "OK Google, Listen to the news"
    Hello guys, i have a big problem with bluetooth dialer, when i say "ok google" voice command, work only for maps and apps but don't call, don't write messages...
    I look for an apk that interface google and native dialer and i found tmc dialer...so this apk don't work on this atoto chipset version.
    Have you fixed that? Calling someone with hands free is primary.
    Thank you in advance

Hi maurizyo85, I suggest you install headunit reloaded (Android Auto Emulator) by Emil for hands free voice calling. I have google assistant installed on Atoto A6 too but all it does is voice command to open apps or search/navigate. I even have the Atoto steering wheel control installed but it has simple functionality:
    - media next/prev (does not even have a play/pause),
    - end and answer button (but will no way to at least a function to re-dial previous call)
    - volume up/down
    - voice command button (I have it assigned triggers google assistant but no beep sound to determine that assistant is activated). Again, i have it useful for opening app like "play my private on <spotify>" or navigate to nearest gas station. I have it to work as well on my smart devices at home like "Turn on my living room lights". Again no voice command or hands free calls. Edit: Hands-free/Remote Mic Button call works as long as Atoto is not connected to internet, so either you give up internet on Atoto to gain voice call or access internet without it.

So I end up using Emil's Headunit reloaded to run Android Auto and it works fine with voice command:
    - Call someone like "Ok google, call home"
    - Smart device "Ok google turn on dining room"
    - navigate "ok google navigate to nearest gas station"

So far that 3 above are the most frequently used for me so I end up with Android Auto.

Hope this helps.