• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Help Thread][Essential Phone PH-1](2017)Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread
Sorry for digging this thread from its grave. I just got the essential phone with a 360 camera on swappa. wanted to use it for my vacation along with a Zhiyun pro.

It's on android 10 stock at the moment. Can anyone suggest to me a good ROM based on Android 11 which has the 360 camera working ?

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Sorry for digging this thread from its grave. I just got the essential phone with a 360 camera on swappa. wanted to use it for my vacation along with a Zhiyun pro.

It's on android 10 stock at the moment. Can anyone suggest to me a good ROM based on Android 11 which has the 360 camera working ?
I am using StatixOS which works perfectly for me, including 360 Cam. It has its own quirks like using a specific stock firmware base. And the last two OTAs are screwed up, so the latest stable one that works for me is May 2021. There is a thread about this ROM in the ROMs and Recoveries forum - read it for all the details.

This is just my experience. I am not recommending this ROM, just saying that it works for me. 🙂 I haven't tried any other A11 ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Essential Phone
    PH-1/Mata

This is a shortlist of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers are often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems.

Q1: Where do I find Official specs and product info?

Official site is Down
    Q2: How do I get my PC to recognize my phone in Fastboot/bootloader Mode ?
    Q3: Does the phone have an unlockable bootloader?
    Yes! The bootloader on Essential Phone can be unlocked by following the directions here: https://source.android.com/source/running. To reach fastboot on your Essential Phone press and hold volume down, then press and hold power.​
    Q4: I currently have the grandfathered Verizon Unlimited Data Plan does Hotspot work without Rooting?
    Wifi Tethering/ Hotspot works out of the box, no hacking/tricks required..​
    *​
    Forum Rules | New Users Guide | XDA Tour | Report Posts

A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ

Not sure if my guess is correct, but let me try...

Your time format appears to be standard for the French (or "French-based") locale setting. Try going to the Date and Time settings, disable the "Use locale default" switch and force "Use 24-hour format" - see the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps...

Hmm... Just read your next message. Strange - I am on full Q stock (same build), and I have two switches for the time format in the settings, not just one. No idea why you only have one.

Hi,
    Thanks for your help.
    I manage to switch back to the '' hh:mm'" format by modifing the langage. After the reboot the first language was French Canadian, after switching to "regular" French the clock immediately get modify.
    This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting

Specific to

Essential Phone
    PH-1

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    ...​
    ...​
    ...​

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.​
    If you have ROM-related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!​
    Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!​
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read

Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Hi, according to https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Essential+Phone+Teardown/96764#s178516 the phone has an internal (probably neodymium) magnets. So can it demagnetize the credit cards if i put them together? For example often i hold the wallet with cards and phone in one hand, can it damage the cards?
    The magnets will demagnetize a card. Happened to one of my cards second day having the phone. Luckily most places use the chip

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

hi im thinking about getting the essential phone
    does it have otg and can I hook controllers memory sticks etc I know it has usb type c but I also know some new phone dont have otg feature for example huawei ascent xt2
    OTG works. I'm using the dongle from this thread. I occasionally use it to pull files from a flash drive.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/es...-c-adapter-usb-b-hdmi-usb-c-charging-t3678739
    So I bought my phone from essential and Sprint is telling me it's not compatible. Any suggestions?

They're idiots. I got the same thing.

Do online activation or by telephone...so long as you have a sim. Also notify Essential, they're on top of issues like this and replied to me within 12 hours of every email trying to get Sprint to activate my phone.

You need offline support to add your MEID to their inventory database. This takes a few days typically