Search This thread

gred22

Nov 9, 2022
Well, I get an error when I try to install the first zip - lineag-14.1...........
It says "Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset."
Then in red it says "Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file (file name)"

Do I look for another package for android 7 for S4 I9500, or do I run a factory reset?

thanks
Now that we are past the holidays (Happy New Year everyone!), could someone point me in the right direction - do I need to find an other android 7 package for S4 I9500, or do I "run a factory resset"?

gred22

Nov 9, 2022
I'm new to all this, and am grateful for the help, but I do not understand - did I use up all my noobie credits? there have been no responses since my message on my error message on 12/21/22. Obviously I'm not in a great hurry, but I'd like to get this accomplished. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to proceed?

nopeyyy

Mar 10, 2023
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I recently bought second hand.
it has some strange issues that even I can't explain.

Issues:
When you turn it on you see a Black Screen Of Death,
after about 5-10sec the Charging LED turns on as well as the 2 LED's at the button area.

I tried getting into Download Mode/ Odin Mode with no luck as well as the Recovery with no luck either.
Taking out the Battery doesn't work either.

If anybody knows something about this feel free to reply. :)
- NopeY

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
@nopeyyy have you checked that the volume buttons are working reliably? These phones are getting old, and these buttons can get unreliable.

Whats a "black screen of death"? as opposed to a pause/delay

nopeyyy

Mar 10, 2023
Is the phone booting? by ROM, that inclu7de the firmware *ROM) the phone comes with. Not necessarily a "custom ROM". If it boots into a ROM ie Android, you may be able to reboot int9o recovery/download from android
I know what you mean but i cannot see if its really booting into anything, nor did i install a custom rom, recovery and download mode aren’t vvisible either

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
By testing if the buttons do anything as said, it did not display anything. Btw i today i tried going into download mode Home + Volume Down + On/Off and plugged it into odin but nothing happened
The screen will explici8tly tell you what mode your in. If its not in the correct mode (as displayed on the screen) connecting to ODIN wont work.

Last edited:

blmm59

Apr 23, 2023
I have been trying to install a custom ROM on a GT-I9505 using TWRP and most of the ROMs get stuck in a bootloop at the OS logo when the OS is trying to boot.

Before installing this ROM the phone wasn't working so I used a GT-I9505 motherboard in a SGH-I337M frame. The motherboard came from China and has the bootloader, AP and CP of I9505ZHSHQD1. It boots fine with the stock ROM on the motherboard. I also tried to flash versions of JDC Team ROMs, crDRoid, and official Lineage versions with the same result.

In order to flash the ROMs I use TWRP and do a clean install which includes doing a factory reset, wiping Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache. Then I Format the Data.

I install the ROM, then pico GApps. They install fine then after I have finished installing the Rom and GApps I wipe the Cache/Dalvik before hitting system reboot.

There are a few Android 9 ROMS that boot without any issues such as Release 13 of AOSP Extended, and Release 6 of AICP. I can get the Android 10 version of Resurrection Remix 8.6.5 to boot but it won't complete setup as it gets stuck at the end of the Google set up with the "Wait a sec" screen or if GApps aren't loaded the setup wizard fails at
When I load the ROM without GApps the Setup Wizard gets stuck at the Location Services screen and stops responding.

Would flashing a different bootloader and modem help with the installation of any of the newer ROMS?

Top Liked Posts