Trafalgar Square

Jan 7, 2015
DĂĽsseldorf
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Specific to:
http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D3690039%26d%3D1458486810

[/SIZE]

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Last edited:

Johno_Jan

Oct 27, 2015
Anyone else having issues with battery life, front facing camera not focused, excessive heating while just browsing the web...
Im not even multitasking and the phone is getting up to 36°C it seems strange.

Reactions: cdav83

Johno_Jan

Oct 27, 2015
Same problem man :( No battery life issues though. Only heating. Anyone else?
Well when I say battery life issues I mean that Android System and OS are using up ~900mah according to Stock battery stats page.
Otherwise im still getting like 12-15 hrs with 4.5 SoT

I crosschecked the camera thing with my friends At&T s7 and his front camera has less detail than mine. Its almost as if Beauty face wont fully turn off.

Last edited:

martinezma99

Nov 8, 2012
Charleston, SC
Well when I say battery life issues I mean that Android System and OS are using up ~900mah according to Stock battery stats page.
Otherwise im still getting like 12-15 hrs with 4.5 SoT

I crosschecked the camera thing with my friends At&T s7 and his front camera has less detail than mine. Its almost as if Beauty face wont fully turn off.

Are you on Snapdragon 820 or Xynos?

jjohn7293

Jan 25, 2013
STL
Why have the T-Mobile Galaxy S7. I am very upset that T-Mobile and Samsung have locked my version loader. Is there any way that I can get the unlockable version 2 work on T-Mobile?

Reactions: Pookieg

aiui

Apr 20, 2010
in Portugal is for sale the G930FZ model, which is the difference to the model G930F?
and what is that can mean like if I can have root or a custom rom.
thank you

Falster

Sep 24, 2010
Coburg
in Portugal is for sale the G930FZ model, which is the difference to the model G930F?
and what is that can mean like if I can have root or a custom rom.
thank you
G930FZ is the Duos version with DualSim, the G930F has only SingleSim. Don't know about root or roms, google it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: aiui

LeVvE

Dec 31, 2013
What do I lose if I disable the Galaxy Apps app? Is there any stock apps that update through this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to:
    http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D3690039%26d%3D1458486810

[/SIZE]

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    List of supporters

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Hi, I recently got an S7 VZW, so I wanted to know since I'm a T-Mobile user, is there any possibility to activate VoLTE on it? Or any way to put a differente firmware to get better options on the Mobile Network settings? Thanks!

Hi mate

You have a Snapdragon S7 ( Verizon) and you are a T Mobile user...i guess you are not in Venezuela, anyhow you may have better luck if you ask in the Verizon forum or in the T Mobile , this forum is for the international version ( Exynos)

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Hi. I have a S7 from an operator, it's unlocked from factory but firmware it's from carrier. Can I root and install a custom ROM? It's exynos version SM-G930F.

Another question: when flashing with Odin will I trip Knox ?

Thanks

Attached: several screenshots about my device

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs

hi Mate

Yes you can install an unbranded firmware in your phone ( Odin)

Yes you can root ,install a custom recovery and then install Custom rom , this will trip knox , warranty loss and no more Samsung pay

Flashing official firmware with odin will not trip knox
    Where are screenshots stored? sdcard/Pictures is empty, but both screenshots I've taken show up in the Gallery app. I'd like to be able to access them through ES File Explorer though.

sdcard/DCIM/Screenshots

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I didn't feel this question deserved a dedicated thread, so here it is:

I see lots of people using package disablers for unrooted devices and sharing their disabled packages lists and all. However, I find myself a bit lost because I cannot find much info about WHICH would be the most reliable/less error prone, etc...

I already got BK Package Disabler Pro for free through some promotion, but I found Package Disabler Pro and saw that an XDA editor uses EZ Package Disabler.

Anyone has some experience with these could point me towards the "best"?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using Package Disabler Pro by policedeveloper
    I like it because it allows import/export of lists, color codes items by system, bloatware, etc

One key thing I've learned though, whatever app you use, you should enable everything back in Application Manager before you disable items with your app.
    Does anyone have reset problems? In every a few days, when I was surfing or just switching apps, phone freezes and restarts by itself. It happens less after last firmware update but still happens. Maybe an app causes it but I am curious if it happnes lots of users:confused:

Yep, happening on my model as well. Usually before mine restarts it sporadically disconnects and reconnects to my Wi-Fi, I've performed a factory reset and it seems to occur less often.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

hi im a newbie
    I just want to ask and help on my GAlaxy s7 sm-930FD globe locked.
    I just flash a TWRP 3.0.2 using flashify but i already installed a TWRP 3.0.0.
    and all of a sudden my device now is bricked ....
    is there any way to fix my phone without the official rom and flash using odin...
    please help
    THANK in Advance.
    I'm using the exact same model on the same carrier , I haven't rooted yet though. You pretty much only have to use Odin if you can't get into anything but the bootloader. If you're still able to access TWRP, try restoring a backup or Flashing a ROM. If TWRP is inaccessible you could try flashing another G930FD ROM in Odin, I'd grab a stock ROM from this site.
    Good luck!