📚 [Help Thread][Galaxy S7] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
is there a way to edit somehow the phone app and status bar to be black and not white with an app , module or whatever?
see screenshots of what i mean

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200220-153418_Contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_20200220-153418_Contacts.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 134

MyDePain

May 1, 2017
Avignon
is there a way to edit somehow the phone app and status bar to be black and not white with an app , module or whatever?
see screenshots of what i mean
You can use "nacho notch", it makes the status bar black, and you can search a black theme on Galaxy Theme (or an unnofficial one on the forum) to make the phone app black. (You can also use the app "theme Galaxy" to make your own)

Reactions: rzr86

Edilsontavares

Mar 30, 2020
I killed my phone, need help plz

I used HyperROM Reborn v4.1 with Root .. So, I wanted to install stock rom again .. after that, I can't do anything via twrp and odin .. the zip signature verification failed error always happens. Can someone help me please?

wordwarrior

May 3, 2008
Hi, I have searched and could not find any similar mentioned.
Last night while charging my phone it suddenly went into a teal screen with the message "Downloading... Do not turn off target"
Tried various methods found on web (e.g. Pwr, VolDw & Home buttons) but the same screen keeps appearing after the device reboots.
Even let it totally discharge (since screen is always on) but once I start charging the screen appears again.
So I tried using Odin3_v3.14.4 and Singapore firmware G930FXXS7ESL4_G930FOLB7ESL4_SIN 20191212 but keep getting "Fail". Com port 4 is blue.
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> skip file list for home binary
<ID:0/004> param.bin
<ID:0/004> modem_debug.bin
<ID:0/004> Home Binary Download
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 4073 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any help appreciated or directions to a correct thread. Thank.

Djuganight

Oct 26, 2012
Hello,
Noticed that that crap of Upday is embeded in the opening page of Samsung Internet app.
Is there a way to disable this?
Thank you in advance
Screenshot-20200619-142158-Samsung-Internet.jpg

zadx1

Jun 21, 2020
Hi, I recently installed s9 rom on my s7 phone then I cannot use earphones anymore, is there a way to fix this?

Joshsha_Tech

Oct 13, 2020
Perth
Error

Hello, i recently turned on my galaxy s7 to find something very strange. It turns on when i plug it in but strait away shows the samsung galaxy s7 logo. Then, it suddenly shows the installing update screen for about 3 seconds the reboots, and then it does the same thing. I tried to get into recover mode but it says somethung about android files missing. I have never flashed or tampered with the phone, what is happening? Why does my windows 10 pc USB device malfunctions?

Last edited:

mushbert

Dec 14, 2013
Already posted separately, but maybe someone is watching this thread... I just tripped dm-verity on a stock device with no backup. If anyone can tell me literally anything about this, please do!

Solved, by reflashing the stock ROM (selecting HOME_CSC portion). :p

Last edited:

fireshadowdr

Feb 25, 2021
Have been working on this for a day now, either can't find the right firmware or this device is trash
IMG_6707.jpgIMG_6706.jpg

the only files that actually work with odin and passes is but it still freezes on starting android loading bar

AP_G930UUESBCTA3_CL14970140_QB29082968_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar
BL_G930UUESBCTA3_CL14970140_QB29082968_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CP_G930UUESBCTA3_CP15071626_CL14970140_QB29082968_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CSC_OYM_G930UOYMBCTA3_CL14970140_QB29082968_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
HOME_CSC_OYM_G930UOYMBCTA3_CL14970140_QB29082968_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar

Twapp

Mar 18, 2021
I'm trying to return to Stock from FloydQ 4.0, MoRoKernel AIO KERNEL, I have TWRP on it already. I went to Odin and put in my 8.0 G930F firmware but it fails, phone displays:

Kernel Rev. Check Fail, Device: 6, Binary: 2

So it's not letting me downgrade version cause it thinks it's higher. How do I go back to stock? Do I need to install a new kernel and then jump onto the official version, or what?

Last edited:

Rowan88

May 20, 2012
Hi,

I have a Galaxy 7 Edge (SM-G935F) and the screen is completely broken (no display or touch).

I managed to get past the passcode screen using OTG and Keyboard but when I connect to the PC I get the phone displaying but no folders.

I can only assume File Transfer has not been enabled.

I have purchased a splitter OTG so I can connect the keyboard and data cable at the same time to try blindly accepting this popup.

Can someone with the same phone help me blindly go from the home screen to enabling MTP to transfer my files onto windows.

I followed a few last night but no success.

Rowan88

May 20, 2012
Hi,

I have a Galaxy 7 Edge (SM-G935F) and the screen is completely broken (no display or touch).

I managed to get past the passcode screen using OTG and Keyboard but when I connect to the PC I get the phone displaying but no folders.

I can only assume File Transfer has not been enabled.

I have purchased a splitter OTG so I can connect the keyboard and data cable at the same time to try blindly accepting this popup.

Can someone with the same phone help me blindly go from the home screen to enabling MTP to transfer my files onto windows.

I followed a few last night but no success.

Rowan88

May 20, 2012
Anyone :(

The splitter I have coming today has an OTG/CHARGE so I should be able to connect a KEYBOARD and USB DATA at the same time.

Does anyone know any keyboard shortcuts I can use to help me get to the USB transfer section?

I know *#0808# opens up a menu but I need to see how I can access the dial section blindly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to:
    http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D3690039%26d%3D1458486810

[/SIZE]

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    List of supporters

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Hi, I recently got an S7 VZW, so I wanted to know since I'm a T-Mobile user, is there any possibility to activate VoLTE on it? Or any way to put a differente firmware to get better options on the Mobile Network settings? Thanks!

Hi mate

You have a Snapdragon S7 ( Verizon) and you are a T Mobile user...i guess you are not in Venezuela, anyhow you may have better luck if you ask in the Verizon forum or in the T Mobile , this forum is for the international version ( Exynos)

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Hi. I have a S7 from an operator, it's unlocked from factory but firmware it's from carrier. Can I root and install a custom ROM? It's exynos version SM-G930F.

Another question: when flashing with Odin will I trip Knox ?

Thanks

Attached: several screenshots about my device

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs

hi Mate

Yes you can install an unbranded firmware in your phone ( Odin)

Yes you can root ,install a custom recovery and then install Custom rom , this will trip knox , warranty loss and no more Samsung pay

Flashing official firmware with odin will not trip knox
    Where are screenshots stored? sdcard/Pictures is empty, but both screenshots I've taken show up in the Gallery app. I'd like to be able to access them through ES File Explorer though.

sdcard/DCIM/Screenshots

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I didn't feel this question deserved a dedicated thread, so here it is:

I see lots of people using package disablers for unrooted devices and sharing their disabled packages lists and all. However, I find myself a bit lost because I cannot find much info about WHICH would be the most reliable/less error prone, etc...

I already got BK Package Disabler Pro for free through some promotion, but I found Package Disabler Pro and saw that an XDA editor uses EZ Package Disabler.

Anyone has some experience with these could point me towards the "best"?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using Package Disabler Pro by policedeveloper
    I like it because it allows import/export of lists, color codes items by system, bloatware, etc

One key thing I've learned though, whatever app you use, you should enable everything back in Application Manager before you disable items with your app.
    Does anyone have reset problems? In every a few days, when I was surfing or just switching apps, phone freezes and restarts by itself. It happens less after last firmware update but still happens. Maybe an app causes it but I am curious if it happnes lots of users:confused:

Yep, happening on my model as well. Usually before mine restarts it sporadically disconnects and reconnects to my Wi-Fi, I've performed a factory reset and it seems to occur less often.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

hi im a newbie
    I just want to ask and help on my GAlaxy s7 sm-930FD globe locked.
    I just flash a TWRP 3.0.2 using flashify but i already installed a TWRP 3.0.0.
    and all of a sudden my device now is bricked ....
    is there any way to fix my phone without the official rom and flash using odin...
    please help
    THANK in Advance.
    I'm using the exact same model on the same carrier , I haven't rooted yet though. You pretty much only have to use Odin if you can't get into anything but the bootloader. If you're still able to access TWRP, try restoring a backup or Flashing a ROM. If TWRP is inaccessible you could try flashing another G930FD ROM in Odin, I'd grab a stock ROM from this site.
    Good luck!