Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Google Pixel 3a

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
attachment.php
List of supporters
...​
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Reactions: b0li

Choolian

Oct 20, 2019
I've seen this problem mentioned back in September when Android 10 was introduced with pixels 3, the failure of all sensors. But now I have exactly same problem with my 3a after latest October security update. Anybody experiencing same issues with 3a? Any suggestions? Thank you

Reactions: diagoby

BigBrawler

Dec 23, 2010
No Speaker Mode Sound

During active calls and incoming calls the speakerphone doesnt come on for some reason. Is there a well known fix for this? :crossesfingers:
Google said they won't replace it unless I get a repair associate to admin they can't fix it.

Tomas2tone

Aug 24, 2013
Google Pixel 7a
Pixel 3a overheating

Hello there, long time lurker here. After recently acquiring a Google Pixel 3a, I came across an overheating issue. I was using the Facebook app to stream a lengthy video to Facebook while at the same time using the wifi hotspot feature to connect my tablet to the internet. After about 10 minutes or so, my cell connection failed after displaying an overheating warning overtop of my stream, which at least kept recording. The wifi hotspot stayed on until I turned it off after about 15 minutes, after which my cell reconnected and the Facebook app uploaded the rest of the video. I had streamed twice before with this phone with no issues, and I had use an S9 before this without any issues. Both phones had a screen protector and an otterbox. Any thoughts on how I could help prevent another overheating issue besides removing the otterbox? I hope to have the Pixel 3a rooted at some point soon, perhaps underclocking?

hern1989

Dec 19, 2010
Chicago
Anyone experiencing a weird noise while recording a video? Either on 1080p 30/60?? If its quiet I can hear the noise after I playback the video.

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL

TheOnly8Z

Dec 19, 2019
Pixel 3a XL Android 10 bootloop when rooting

Hello all, a bit of a basic issue but it's got me in a bit of a pickle. I have an Pixel 3a XL on Android 10, december update, and tried to root following this thread's Boot Image Patching method.

I downloaded the same version stock image, extracted the boot.img, and patched it with the latest stable version of Magisk (version 20+). After that, I ran
Code:
flash boot magisk_patched.img
, and tried to reboot - no dice, says "error boot prepare". In my panic I tried various things, including
Code:
flash boot magisk_patched.img --slot=all
Code:
flash boot boot.img --slot=all
, but nothing helped. Recovery mode does not work - kicks me back to fastboot with same error.

What's the best way out of this hitch? I heard something about restoring a stock image, but have no idea how to do that.

EDIT: Tried running flash_all.bat and realized the silliest mistake of all - I had assumed my phone is the Pixel 3a XL when it is, in fact, Pixel 3 XL. I had flashed the wrong version!

I redownloaded the stock image for Pixel 3 XL, ran flash-all.bat and it saved itself. Keeping this post up to remind myself to check my eyesights, mayhaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsutton

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
Hi guys.
Pixel 3a with December 2019 updated on Android 10.
No Rooting done.

I also have a MiA3 with gcam apk installed.

The selfie on MiA3 with gcam come of better than on my P 3A.

Why is that? They have better dynamic range and details as well(on zooming).

Caity215

Dec 23, 2019
Semi circle appearing over home button

I woke up this morning to a semi circle appearing over my home button. I can't seem to find any apps that updated over night and it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas as to what it is?
9UnG7BFSemtbdVUP8

jJYEMMWxTwPFVBva8

Thanks!

muruga2710

Oct 19, 2012
chennai
I have a ringtone bug on my pixel 3a, when i set a new ringtone by default Google duo notification is ringing . But in can hear custom ringtone on whatsapp call.

Any solution?

bigbadwolf_pig

Hi guys.
Pixel 3a with December 2019 updated on Android 10.
No Rooting done.

I also have a MiA3 with gcam apk installed.

The selfie on MiA3 with gcam come of better than on my P 3A.

Why is that? They have better dynamic range and details as well(on zooming).

My sister's 3a also has this issue. She said that the selfie has some blur on photos.
When I check on the photos, they seem fine, but I'm not really an expert on selfies or photos in general. So in that case I trust her judgement.
I thought the latest update would fix but it didn't Android 10, Jan 1, 2020 Security patch.

hihila

Nov 14, 2016
If 3a unlock bootloader, flash custom and root, will it have problem to active eSim(Google Fi)?
I plan to switch to google fi service. Thanks for any reply.

carnivalrejectq

I have a thread below but no replies yet - how do I get astrophotography mode on 3a? I purchased the phone seoncd hand specifically to take astrophotography pics
You have to turn on night mode and then be completely still with the phone, like as in you can't hold it. Either you need a tripod or you'll have to prop it up in a good position with a rock or something (pain in the ass). Then as long as it detects no movement it'll pop up , while in night mode, and tell you that astrophotography is on.

dannyboyex

Oct 16, 2010
Hey so I'm still in the January update. I used to get the OTA's just fine but checking for updates refuses to find anything. I'm rooted stock with majisk and I'm wondering what steps to take to update and keep root. Been searching all day and can't find a clear answer.

dannyboyex

Oct 16, 2010
Hey so I'm still in the January update. I used to get the OTA's just fine but checking for updates refuses to find anything. I'm rooted stock with majisk and I'm wondering what steps to take to update and keep root. Been searching all day and can't find a clear answer.

So I figured it out, using a few different posts. Basically I went from January to April right using data by downloading the factory image and flashing each component, (bootloader, radio, and image) separately. Then I followed the guide to patch the boot image with magisk.

sportsinger75

Aug 4, 2010
Wisconsin, USA
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a Sprint Pixel 3a that I've been using on Fi. The phone is a bit sluggish lately and I'm wondering how to go about speeding it up. Animations take some time to load and it just feels slow in general. I'm not new to rooting/installing custom ROMs, but I wanted to see if any of you had any good suggestions as to what to do to make the phone feel snappier. I'm open to rooting and installing a custom ROM if needed. Thanks for the help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a pixel 3a in full stock, no root. Latest q Nov update. Bootloader unlocked. Would like to relock. Will relocking erase data same as unlocking did?
    Yes it will

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Anyone experiencing a weird noise while recording a video? Either on 1080p 30/60?? If its quiet I can hear the noise after I playback the video.
    Yea it's a known issue, go star and comment on this issue to get Google to do something about it.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/141968224

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Google Pixel 3a

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    I've seen this problem mentioned back in September when Android 10 was introduced with pixels 3, the failure of all sensors. But now I have exactly same problem with my 3a after latest October security update. Anybody experiencing same issues with 3a? Any suggestions? Thank you
    Pixel 3a XL Android 10 bootloop when rooting

Hello all, a bit of a basic issue but it's got me in a bit of a pickle. I have an Pixel 3a XL on Android 10, december update, and tried to root following this thread's Boot Image Patching method.

I downloaded the same version stock image, extracted the boot.img, and patched it with the latest stable version of Magisk (version 20+). After that, I ran
    Code:
    flash boot magisk_patched.img
    , and tried to reboot - no dice, says "error boot prepare". In my panic I tried various things, including
    Code:
    flash boot magisk_patched.img --slot=all
    Code:
    flash boot boot.img --slot=all
    , but nothing helped. Recovery mode does not work - kicks me back to fastboot with same error.

What's the best way out of this hitch? I heard something about restoring a stock image, but have no idea how to do that.

EDIT: Tried running flash_all.bat and realized the silliest mistake of all - I had assumed my phone is the Pixel 3a XL when it is, in fact, Pixel 3 XL. I had flashed the wrong version!

I redownloaded the stock image for Pixel 3 XL, ran flash-all.bat and it saved itself. Keeping this post up to remind myself to check my eyesights, mayhaps.