Search This thread

robplll

Mar 11, 2014
Hi,

You need to follow the guide (Step 1. ) in THIS THREAD
Use whichever method you think is best to get 4EXT installed on your phone.
It is all well explained.
Follow the instructions to the letter.

:)

my battery is dead and my phone won't charge it. I ordered another battery off ebay and a charger. get back to you in a couple days. Thank you so much for your help, it is very appreciated.

robplll

Mar 11, 2014
I got it

Hi,

You need to follow the guide (Step 1. ) in THIS THREAD
Use whichever method you think is best to get 4EXT installed on your phone.
It is all well explained.
Follow the instructions to the letter.

Hey Malybru, That was so easy..i feel kind of stupid. Do I need to do a full wipe before i install a rom? What rom is best, i just want to get my phone back to normal.
Thank you so much for your help,
Rob

malybru

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Lead
Staff member
Aug 16, 2006
London
Hey Malybru, That was so easy..i feel kind of stupid. Do I need to do a full wipe before i install a rom? What rom is best, i just want to get my phone back to normal.
Thank you so much for your help,
Rob

Hi,

Go to the development sections and look at what ROMS are available.
No one can choose anything for you, but look for the more popular ones and start there.
Always read the first post to get an idea of what the ROM contains and any bug lists.

I would strongly suggest going to the wipe option , and choosing the "Format all partitions except sd card".
Then , choose the smartflash option and flash your ROM immediately.

Good luck

La_anvil

Feb 18, 2011
root etc via linux

I don't have access to a computer. can I root/s-off/flash using a linux terminal on another rooted smartphone connected via usb?

thanksin advance

Fatsopt

Nov 18, 2011
ICS prob on my sensation

Hello, im sorry if i missed the post with this question on the forum.
I dont know if it happened to someone else as well.

I have 2 questions, hope that you can enlight me on this issues.

First:

When i update my sensation from GB to ICS, my phone stop detecting connection to any pc, also i notice that in ICS settings menu the "connect to pc" option disapears.

This happens when custom firmware and rom and also if i just inst a GB official ruu and then update to ICS in settings menu.

Second:

When i instal viper rom (any of them) or sebastianfm revelation rom, my screen stops detecting 3 finger action, it only take 2 finger max.
with any other roms it works fine but not on this ones, can it be a bug on sebastians kernel?

I tried posting on the roms thread but i have not met the necessary posts for that.

Thank you for a great forum, thanks to all evs for the excelent work they do.
Sry for my english, i havent practiced much and thank you for not banning me after this post :D

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
First:

When i update my sensation from GB to ICS, my phone stop detecting connection to any pc, also i notice that in ICS settings menu the "connect to pc" option disapears.

This happens when custom firmware and rom and also if i just inst a GB official ruu and then update to ICS in settings menu.

Second:

When i instal viper rom (any of them) or sebastianfm revelation rom, my screen stops detecting 3 finger action, it only take 2 finger max.
with any other roms it works fine but not on this ones, can it be a bug on sebastians kernel?

first

probably you need to update htc drivers or htc sync
also enable usb debugging mode from settings

by the way when you connect the device to pc does it prompt a window with some options?
such as access to internet(or something like that), charge only tec?

second

i don't know about revelation but in vipers rom there is an option from venom tweaks to enable 3-finger gesture

Reactions: Fatsopt

Fatsopt

Nov 18, 2011
first

by the way when you connect the device to pc does it prompt a window with some options?

second

i don't know about revelation but in vipers rom there is an option from venom tweaks to enable 3-finger gesture

i did update htc drivers and htc sync, then uninstalled htc sync for test and nothing, when i connect my device to the pc nothing happens, it is like the phone is plugged in to the power cord.
also i do have usb debugging enabled

this only happens with ICS, with GB it works just fine :S

ill try 3 finger gesture, forgot about that sorry :S

robplll

Mar 11, 2014
still stuck

Hi,

Go to the development sections and look at what ROMS are available.
No one can choose anything for you, but look for the more popular ones and start there.
Always read the first post to get an idea of what the ROM contains and any bug lists.

I would strongly suggest going to the wipe option , and choosing the "Format all partitions except sd card".

Good luck

Hey Malybru,
I tried to flash rom and still boot loop.
Then I tried to s-off by doing superwipe, flashing pyramid...2.401.3-v1.zip, flashing superuser, then flash boot img. everthing sees like it installed correctly. Then I downloaded and ran controlbear and it says connect device and install drivers. In my device manager it says android usb devices-My HTC. Do I need to be S-off or how can I get the phone to work to check usb debugging or put it on charge mode? I am so confused.
Thank you again for all your help, Robplll

malybru

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Lead
Staff member
Aug 16, 2006
London
Hey Malybru,
I tried to flash rom and still boot loop.
Then I tried to s-off by doing superwipe, flashing pyramid...2.401.3-v1.zip, flashing superuser, then flash boot img. everthing sees like it installed correctly. Then I downloaded and ran controlbear and it says connect device and install drivers. In my device manager it says android usb devices-My HTC. Do I need to be S-off or how can I get the phone to work to check usb debugging or put it on charge mode? I am so confused.
Thank you again for all your help, Robplll

Hi,

You do not need to be s-off.

Did you do as I suggested?
Place the ROM of your choice on the sdcard.
Go into 4EXT recovery.
Go to the wipe option , and choose the "Format all partitions except sd card".

Let me know how that goes.

Fatsopt

Nov 18, 2011
first

second

Well i just got noobified !!!

My phone wasnt recognizing the pc, but i just left it connected to the pc for about 3 hours while charging the battery, i never do this but today i forgot my charger at work, and when i came back to get my phone it was announcing "usb connected", maybe they just needed to get to "know" each other again, i dont know, still a a bit baffled about it, but happy it works again :)

Again sorry for my typping mistakes and a huge thanks to all that help, create and make it better for everyone else :D

SALAR.bn

Jul 16, 2013
Urmia
hi
when my phone was S_ON, I had backed up phone from recovery
now my phone is S_OFF and I want to restore that backup but don't want to be S_ON again
if I restore, my phone will be S_ON agaim?
Really sorry for bad english!

Last edited:

faxi

Mar 22, 2014
Miui camera!

Hi!

I got the latest Miui rom from Mark376 (Sultan MIUI r56 -- MIUI V5 4.3.14)

But even after full wipe and flashing the rom I still have the stock Jelly Bean Camera and gallery if i swipe to the right in camera app.

I got the Miui gallery app at my home page wich works too. I would like to only have the MIUI camera n gallery, any suggestions?

So how do i get the MIUI camera instead of jelly bean camera in the miui rom?

this link is dead, i was gonna try it; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34901549&highlight=camera+miui#post34901549

And, the GPS wont find signal any fix for that?

Thanksssss

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone