Search This thread

malybru

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Lead
Staff member
Aug 16, 2006
London
In [UnORom][3.4Kernel]AOKP 4.4.2
how do I remove the Google search bar at the top?
In other ROMs I found something in the settings for the launcher, but I cannot find that in this ROM.
I'm using Launcher3, and there is an option for Google Now Launcher.

Hi,

Some launchers will not let you remove it.
Try a different launcher.

:)

Reactions: uzziah0

uzziah0

Jan 14, 2008
Hi,

Some launchers will not let you remove it.
Try a different launcher.

:)

Any ideas which will allow removal of the Google search bar?

...Found Apex in my long list of Titanium back up files, and that allows removal of the Google search bar annoyance. Actually had my settings restored, and got back to the desktop arrangement I had with that.

Last edited:

mouloudia007

Aug 8, 2011
Algeria
Hello guys

I have a little problem here, can I extract my contacts from an nandroid backup ? I sold my HTC Sensation XE, now I have a Nexus 4, and with the google sync, I have not recover all my contacts, so if there is a solution, let me know, please and thank you.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad

steamcatcher

Jun 11, 2013
Uster
www.catchyourdroid.ch
Reboots HTC_Sensation

I hope you can help me guys.

Im not really new here. Im now registred for about half a year, but i used this pages quit along time ago. All my problems I had, i solved through the forums pages, without any problems. So I never asked a question before. Until now.

My Phone is a HTC Sensation\ S-OFF \4EXT Recovery. If you need more informations i will give it, if i could

At the moment I use SultanXDA´s ROM [Android 4.4.2][HW VSYNC] CM11 with ION and 3.0 kernel [Mar 25, 2014]
I love it, its super fast, super smooth and it was really stable until now. Now about 2 weeks i had many reboots. First it only happens when i used the camera ( He knows about it and made a fix, that kinda worked). But now it happens always when I use whatsapp. I start it and gone back to the homescreen and after few seconds it reboots. So once it was started, I could used it,but without whatsapp and the camera. Probably 2 hours later I tried it again, and it rebooted, after it was just started, it rebooted again. So I thought about, probably I destroyed my phone. For information i use Undevoltage by D-Shel and turboboost by (delta-roh, Harbir). And today I tought, go airplane mode and check it. And after that, I didnt have any reboots anymore. From that moment I thought, perhaps I have done something very wrong to my phone.
I searched for, how can i help the developer and found about the last_kmsg. So after a quick information, I was able to do a logfile. but now, im not sure if this is the right place to ask and because it my first post i have to post it here and not in the development subcategory.

I tried it with a full wipe etc. But it didnt help. For me I looks like the Firmware works, because at airplane mode i dont have any issues. I guess i have two options change the rom or wait for update, I tried it with the [ROM][Android 4.4.2] CM11 with 3.4 kernel and PMEM camera [Mar 30, 2014], but it feels not so smooth, and sometimes reboots too.

So if anybody can help me, give me some advice, or like that, It would be great.

This two Kmsg I made were directly after the reboots. At home I made a logcat file too but I dont know wich of this files are better to help the developers.

And probably sorry for the bad english and for missing informaitons

Thank you all for your great work

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
  • last_kmsg2.txt
    142.2 KB · Views: 0
  • logcat.txt
    273.3 KB · Views: 0

steamcatcher

Jun 11, 2013
Uster
www.catchyourdroid.ch
they Finpol

It looks like i solved the problem

For correction the mobile didnt make reboots, i only shuts down.

I allways restore after a full wipe and new flash, my apps and sys. datas with Titanium backup. Many times, and never tought about that its possible that some backups are kinda corrupted. So today i only restored the apps and the wifi passwords. And now it works XD. The other datas i restored by google, like contacts and calendar datas.

Thanks again and have a good day

Pintorama

Apr 12, 2014
Sync problems

Hello Everybody,
I just bought a second hand HTC Sensation and it seems like it has some sync problems, although I downloaded "HTC Sync Manager",
it doesn't recognize the device when I plug it in. It also shows me a constant notification "Authorize HTC Sense" for access Facebook. It seems like these two problems are connected to each other. I can sure use your help.
Thanks a lot

Ferozzafarkhan

Apr 12, 2014
Please help me. My power on button doesn't work. They say that the flex board is not working. BT they don't have a flex board available. Indirectly they are saying me to throw my mobile. Please tell me can't I buy the board available at eBay or any other website.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

gemer45a

Oct 30, 2013
XDA-CITY
Please help me. My power on button doesn't work. They say that the flex board is not working. BT they don't have a flex board available. Indirectly they are saying me to throw my mobile. Please tell me can't I buy the board available at eBay or any other website.

Unless someone has a damaged phone (the same type) with the flex board working and doesn't want to use it anymore. But try searching online stores maybe you might find one [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uzziah0

Jan 14, 2008
On some previous ROM (maybe even a different device) I was able to send an event from my Calendar via SMS/MMS.
I am using the AOKP 4.4.2 ROM, and cannot figure it out.

I think I was also able to send contact information, but my wife's phone could not handle the whole thing, I think just the name and phone numberr worked. This would be nice to figure out too!

I cannot find the answer, but I used to be able to do this, but cannot figure out how to do it.
Maybe it is just based on the ROM?

asadkhan92

Apr 16, 2014
Rawalpindi
I need help, I am lost :( :D

Hey all
I bought HTC Sensation XE 2-3 months ago. It works fine till the date.
It is my first Android phone, and I don'e know anything regarding this OS. I am a simple user who calls, texts, plays games, captures and listens to music. Sometimes, while using my phone for a long time, it slows down but I am OK with it :)
So, I am here after watching KitKat, I am in love with it now. After looking for it, I came to know about rooting and other blah blah and then I realized that I am lost:mad::fingers-crossed:
I just simply want to know that IS THERE ANY WAY TO USE KITKAT or any newer version after 4.0.3 on my HTC Sensation XE? :confused::(
Help me please :)

gemer45a

Oct 30, 2013
XDA-CITY
Hey all
I bought HTC Sensation XE 2-3 months ago. It works fine till the date.
It is my first Android phone, and I don'e know anything regarding this OS. I am a simple user who calls, texts, plays games, captures and listens to music. Sometimes, while using my phone for a long time, it slows down but I am OK with it :)
So, I am here after watching KitKat, I am in love with it now. After looking for it, I came to know about rooting and other blah blah and then I realized that I am lost:mad::fingers-crossed:
I just simply want to know that IS THERE ANY WAY TO USE KITKAT or any newer version after 4.0.3 on my HTC Sensation XE? :confused::(
Help me please :)

This thread helped me root my phone yesterday http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1497404

Thanks to Hanson2000

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

gemer45a

Oct 30, 2013
XDA-CITY
I just flashed ViperS C2 5.1.0 rom and I like it. but My Wifi can't search for Wifi networks I have have reflashed the rom about 4 times and I have flashed the vernom kernel using the vernom flasher and also flashed it manually but still it's not working. And my phones data also not working. I've done the settings for my data but no results. I'm having HTC Sensation xe ICS, unlocked bootloader, S-ON. Out of Ideas please help. Anybody?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
I just flashed ViperS C2 5.1.0 rom and I like it. but My Wifi can't search for Wifi networks I have have reflashed the rom about 4 times and I have flashed the vernom kernel using the vernom flasher and also flashed it manually but still it's not working. And my phones data also not working. I've done the settings for my data but no results. I'm having HTC Sensation xe ICS, unlocked bootloader, S-ON. Out of Ideas please help. Anybody?

did you try to reflash with full wipe?
use 4ext recovery and use the option format all partitions except sdcard to full wipe
don't forget to enable smartflash from 4ext before flashing the rom

Reactions: gemer45a

gemer45a

Oct 30, 2013
XDA-CITY
try with a different rom and check your wifi again
also lift up gently the pins which are responsible for wifi to make better contact
see how it goes

Ok Thanks, Which other rom do you suggest? I was thinking of trying elegancia, is it compatible with sensation xe? If yes, link please.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone