[HELP THREAD] [MICROMAX A106 UNITE 2 ] [NOOB FRIENDLY] [Ask Any Question]

Search This thread

ChahatGupta

Jul 22, 2015
Hey guys, Chahat here! :cool:

This time with a help thread about my beloved device
***Micromax Unite 2***
The phone that tought me all i know today... :)

I've been using this phone for around two and half years when it was newly released and a few people knew about it...
And i guess i have answers to all the questions one can have about this device, And i hope I'll also get to learn something new from this discussion thread.

Made this thread to provide support to people who are new at the "ROOT USE" of this phone. :D

Feel free to ask any, any, any question, no matter how funny or creepy you think your question is...
I'll try to give answers ASAP. :)

FIRSTLY, Some basic details about the device: :cowboy:

Battery capacity (mAh) 2000 (Removable)
Screen size (inches) 4.70
Resolution 480x800 pixels
Chipset MT6582
Processor 1.3 GHz Quad-core
RAM 1GB
Internal storage 4GB/8GB
Expandable storage up to (GB) 32
Rear camera 5-megapixel
Flash Yes
Front camera 2-megapixel
Operating System Android 4.4.2 & 5.0 (Stock) , Customs more than you can think and the number still incresing day by day
Wi-Fi standards supported 802.11 b/g/n
USB OTG No (Stock), OTG Support Patches Available
Headphones 3.5mm
Number of SIMs 2
Compass/ Magnetometer No
Proximity sensor Yes
Accelerometer Yes
Ambient light sensor Yes
Gyroscope No
Barometer No
Temperature sensor No

Vital Links:

Stock OTA Lollipop Firmware With Flashing Guide: [url]http://www.droidgyan.com/lollipop-ota/[/URL]

List Of All Custom Roms With Links (Updated On A Regular Basis): [url]http://www.customromlist.com/micromax/a106-unite-2/list-of-all-custom-roms[/URL]

Stable Custom Recoveries:

ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOT, RECOVERIES, ROMS, FLASHING, PROCEDURES, etc, etc...

Any Suggestions And Contributions To this Thread Are Heartly Welcomed
:)

(Just don't ask about porting guides or fixing bugs, XDA is already full of such threads.)

:good: :D HIT THANKS IF I OR THIS THREAD HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY... :D

CREDITS:
  • Creators And Maintainers Of All The Links Used In This Thread
  • Chahat Gupta (Me) :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: jai_15695

jai_15695

Jan 8, 2017
unite 2 bricked

While trying to install unite 2 bricked and not at all switching on...

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

While trying to install twrp unite 2 bricked and not at all switching on

ChahatGupta

Jul 22, 2015
While trying to install unite 2 bricked and not at all switching on...

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

While trying to install twrp unite 2 bricked and not at all switching on

I guess u were doing with sp flash tool, if yes, extract the same files from the stock firmware and flash it

Sudarshankakoty

May 3, 2016
I asked this question so many times here but didn't get any response. Why unite 3 has been thrown out from development while unite 2 has great development support ?

ChahatGupta

Jul 22, 2015
I asked this question so many times here but didn't get any response. Why unite 3 has been thrown out from development while unite 2 has great development support ?

Hmmmm, i guess i can never craft the perfect answer to this specific question, but as far as i understand, it's the outcome of the right hardware (MT6582) as well as the perfect timing of the release of this device with features every geek wanted at a very reasonable price of that time, and yes I'm still replying with my Unite 2, its 3rd birthday is close and its still working like charm :cowboy:

Sudarshankakoty

May 3, 2016
Haha... There is one girl nearby my home, with Unite 2, with tones of bloatware with KitKat. When I see her phone, I feel sorry for her lack of knowledge about XDA, see only knows how to make a call and install app. And I feel sorry for me too for not having that device. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, Chahat here! :cool:

This time with a help thread about my beloved device
    ***Micromax Unite 2***
    The phone that tought me all i know today... :)

I've been using this phone for around two and half years when it was newly released and a few people knew about it...
    And i guess i have answers to all the questions one can have about this device, And i hope I'll also get to learn something new from this discussion thread.

Made this thread to provide support to people who are new at the "ROOT USE" of this phone. :D

Feel free to ask any, any, any question, no matter how funny or creepy you think your question is...
    I'll try to give answers ASAP. :)

FIRSTLY, Some basic details about the device: :cowboy:

Battery capacity (mAh) 2000 (Removable)
    Screen size (inches) 4.70
    Resolution 480x800 pixels
    Chipset MT6582
    Processor 1.3 GHz Quad-core
    RAM 1GB
    Internal storage 4GB/8GB
    Expandable storage up to (GB) 32
    Rear camera 5-megapixel
    Flash Yes
    Front camera 2-megapixel
    Operating System Android 4.4.2 & 5.0 (Stock) , Customs more than you can think and the number still incresing day by day
    Wi-Fi standards supported 802.11 b/g/n
    USB OTG No (Stock), OTG Support Patches Available
    Headphones 3.5mm
    Number of SIMs 2
    Compass/ Magnetometer No
    Proximity sensor Yes
    Accelerometer Yes
    Ambient light sensor Yes
    Gyroscope No
    Barometer No
    Temperature sensor No

Vital Links:

Stock OTA Lollipop Firmware With Flashing Guide: [url]http://www.droidgyan.com/lollipop-ota/[/URL]

List Of All Custom Roms With Links (Updated On A Regular Basis): [url]http://www.customromlist.com/micromax/a106-unite-2/list-of-all-custom-roms[/URL]

Stable Custom Recoveries:

ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOT, RECOVERIES, ROMS, FLASHING, PROCEDURES, etc, etc...

Any Suggestions And Contributions To this Thread Are Heartly Welcomed
    :)

(Just don't ask about porting guides or fixing bugs, XDA is already full of such threads.)

:good: :D HIT THANKS IF I OR THIS THREAD HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY... :D

CREDITS:
    • Creators And Maintainers Of All The Links Used In This Thread
    • Chahat Gupta (Me) :cool: