[Help Thread][Moto G6] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly (2018)

Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Moto G6

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
attachment.php
List of supporters
...​
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Last edited:

XJeFX

Apr 14, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hi, does the G6 have magnetometer? it's the only sensor that matters for me and every review website just talks about screens sizes and unicorns

Last edited:

mixbox360

Sep 23, 2011
Metepec
LG V60 ThinQ
Hello, well just a little weird question, I buyed my G6 via internet, the store (liverpool) says in its page that this was unbranded but it cames with some apps from Telcel (México) and when I go to recovery menu it says

Bootloader Status: Locked
Firmware Version: Custom

WTF! any chances to flash official firmware? I've been searched for hours and I cant find answers, I am a noob In Motorola, I came from Xiaomi, I will apreciate any guidance, thanks in advance.

10:59 pm (GTM) Update 1:
BTW already unlocked bootloader with official motorola process, it was flawless, thank me for being brave and risk of brick my new phone.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: smitharro

renatofontes

Oct 7, 2010
Guadalajara
Hello, well just a little weird question, I buyed my G6 via internet, the store (liverpool) says in its page that this was unbranded but it cames with some apps from Telcel (México) and when I go to recovery menu it says

Bootloader Status: Locked
Firmware Version: Custom

WTF! any chances to flash official firmware? I've been searched for hours and I cant find answers, I am a noob In Motorola, I came from Xiaomi, I will apreciate any guidance, thanks in advance.

10:59 pm (GTM) Update 1:
BTW already unlocked bootloader with official motorola process, it was flawless, thank me for being brave and risk of brick my new phone.

Regards

What apps from telcel? I think some stores were going to sell the telcel version, but that version was unlocked.

I actually bought mine from amazon and came with a telcel sleeve over the box, but no telcel apps. My phone's bootloader says my software is "modified" which is really weird, and it doesn't have a recovery installed... WTF?

I think the telcel apps could have been installed when recovering a backup from your google account?

Though it is weird as **** that the software is custom in your phone, modified and mine, and I don't have a freaking recovery.

PS: don't buy from liverpool. Sometimes they add something in their page that you don't actually have and you end up waiting for months xD

Reactions: mixbox360

mixbox360

Sep 23, 2011
Metepec
LG V60 ThinQ
What apps from telcel? I think some stores were going to sell the telcel version, but that version was unlocked.

I actually bought mine from amazon and came with a telcel sleeve over the box, but no telcel apps. My phone's bootloader says my software is "modified" which is really weird, and it doesn't have a recovery installed... WTF?

I think the telcel apps could have been installed when recovering a backup from your google account?

Though it is weird as **** that the software is custom in your phone, modified and mine, and I don't have a freaking recovery.

PS: don't buy from liverpool. Sometimes they add something in their page that you don't actually have and you end up waiting for months xD
-----
Hi, it came with "Telcel balloon" the url shortcut to Telcel website, and with "Mi Telcel" for carrier options.

And yeah, I agree with you about the store, but my wife give her phone to mama, and I give mine to her (Redmi 4a) so I was in a hurry, that... And... I have no Credit card so I have to use Liverpool awfull services :v

Well, thanks, I have just to wait untill some dev take care of rom development, I am a Xiaomi user since 2011 so, will be great if I see some MIUI love for this phone, best regards!

renatofontes

Oct 7, 2010
Guadalajara
-----
Hi, it came with "Telcel balloon" the url shortcut to Telcel website, and with "Mi Telcel" for carrier options.

And yeah, I agree with you about the store, but my wife give her phone to mama, and I give mine to her (Redmi 4a) so I was in a hurry, that... And... I have no Credit card so I have to use Liverpool awfull services :v

Well, thanks, I have just to wait untill some dev take care of rom development, I am a Xiaomi user since 2011 so, will be great if I see some MIUI love for this phone, best regards!

Weird. Is your software channel (canal de software) also "openmx" in about phone(acerca del telefono)?

DoobyDroid

Just a quicke , looking to get the G6 Plus but noticed no forum for Plus is there a reason ? My first thought was as US not getting the Plus Model ? Is that daft ?
And I'm torn between the P20 lite and G6 plus roughly around same price mark £269 For Plus and £299 for P20 lite , what should I go for ? Any help much appreciated [emoji16]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

redchris

Nov 7, 2012
How to stop the clock flashing when idle

Just got a G6 Plus. Whenever I press the power button to put the phone into standby, the screen shuts off as it should, but within seconds the clock flashes and the screen then switches off again. The phone then continues to do this every 20 seconds or so and it's driving me nuts. A quick Google shows posts relating to earlier versions of the phone which either say it's a Motorola thing you need to live with, or suggest switching off the Moto display setting. I can't find any such setting and have tried playing with notification settings but nothing works. I had a G4 and G5 and never had this issue before so find it hard to believe it's a Motorola thing. Any suggestions on how I can stop this? Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Moto G6

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Does the G6 have the A/B System partition for Seamless Updates? I've checked my G6 and Storage says System is 6.5gb. On my X4 Android One that has Seamless Updates, the System partition is around 13gb.
    True (A/B seamless update) in Moto G6+. I don't know in the plain Moto G6.
    I discovered it when I do the first update after purchase my unit. The seamless update is fantastic!
    Will the bootloader be unlocked ?

Bootloader can be unlocked, haven't unlocked mine but my code seemed to be ok in motorola's page.
    Does the G6 have the A/B System partition for Seamless Updates? I've checked my G6 and Storage says System is 6.5gb. On my X4 Android One that has Seamless Updates, the System partition is around 13gb.

Moto G6 has not A/B scheme. Only Moto G6+ has A/B scheme
    Q. The g6 Plus has a gyroscope, why can't I take photospheres with the default camera? Do I need the Google Camera?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Q. The g6 Plus has a gyroscope, why can't I take photospheres with the default camera? Do I need the Google Camera?

A. amswered my own question - installed the latest Google Camera and when that failed, tried the last version until I found one that worked. This is the one I have installed:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/camera-5-1-018-177624777-release/

Also, HDR, Slow-Mo and background defocus all work too on my G6 Plus!!