[Help Thread][Moto G6] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly (2018)

Search This thread

turalo

Nov 29, 2005
Invalid Sim card, Network locked Sim card inserted. tracfone.

Hi guys,

I'v got this motorola G6 from ebay, first I bought another phone which never arrived, then the seller said just as a show of good will will send another, and sent me this G6 new sealed.
So I inserted my simcard but it didnot work, it says Invalid sim card, network locked car inserted.
So I''m guessing this is some kind a simlock of a prepaid provider in US ? when it boots it shows Tracfone logo.
I''m not in USA, i''m in Europe. here we dont have US carrier. we mostly use Tmobile. (in my case)
now my question is, is there a way to unlock this thing? maybe by reflashing another rom? or some other tool that can do it ?
I have searched on the net and found unlock service but the problem is that they can only unlock moto g6 if it asks for the code. in my case its not asking.
I contacted them they say some moto g6 does not ask for the sim unlock code, those they cannot open with unlocking codes, must be opened by provider or with software.
Anybody any advise ?
thanks in advance.

turalo

Nov 29, 2005
Moto G6 simlock Problem solved. by unlocking via movical

Hi guys,

I'v got this motorola G6 from ebay, first I bought another phone which never arrived, then the seller said just as a show of good will will send another, and sent me this G6 new sealed.
So I inserted my simcard but it didnot work, it says Invalid sim card, network locked car inserted.
So I''m guessing this is some kind a simlock of a prepaid provider in US ? when it boots it shows Tracfone logo.
I''m not in USA, i''m in Europe. here we dont have US carrier. we mostly use Tmobile. (in my case)
now my question is, is there a way to unlock this thing? maybe by reflashing another rom? or some other tool that can do it ?
I have searched on the net and found unlock service but the problem is that they can only unlock moto g6 if it asks for the code. in my case its not asking.
I contacted them they say some moto g6 does not ask for the sim unlock code, those they cannot open with unlocking codes, must be opened by provider or with software.
Anybody any advise ?
thanks in advance.

Just to let you guys know, after trying out many many things, asking help of one of the best Dutch unlockers nothing changed, phone stayed locked, I contacted the provider in US, they said it''s probably stolen or badly scanned at the store, so must go back to the store, there is no other way, we will not open it.
after searching for 2 days, I found a group of android pro''s who did it for me remotely with software.
I dont want this to look like advertisment, and get removed, I''m just telling you in case you have same problem. there is a solution and it''s only about 10-20 dollars.
they connect by special hub software wich gives them remove usb acces to the phone then they ask you to reboot the phone in special mode. in 20-30 minutes it''s done. phone is unlocked and working 100%.

mapomme1108

Oct 24, 2015
Hello,

I have installed TWRP on my Moto G6 Play (1922-3) but the phone was not booting Android : it was stuck in boot loop.

So I have installed a stock ROM but these steps fails :
- fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
- fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

Now the phone only says "Bad key" and goes to recovery mode.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you per advance.

slacktheplanet

Sep 28, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Moto G Power
I have the Moto G6, Android 8.1, rooted, and I'm having an annoying issue I haven't been able to Google the solution to. When my screen goes to sleep the audio stops almost right away. This is true for both streaming music and downloaded content (podcasts, audiobooks), so I think it's some battery saving setting I can't find rather than network related. Let me know if any of you have solved this issue or have suggestions. Thanks!

RESOLVED: For anyone experiencing this same issue, I went into "LiveDisplay" in the settings, and clicked "Display mode," which was set to "automatic." I switched this to "Off" and the problem went away!

Last edited:

teckgiik101

Jun 30, 2016
Navi Mumbai
Where can I download the September patch for Moto G6 (ALI)?
I need a valid boot.img, if anyone has it.
I'm getting a "(bootloader) Image signed with key bad key" error.
Send help :(

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Where can I download the September patch for Moto G6 (ALI)?
I need a valid boot.img, if anyone has it.
I'm getting a "(bootloader) Image signed with key bad key" error.
Send help :(

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Hi guys. I am trying to flash the RETUS firmware. Does anyone know what the exact commands to run are or where can I find them? Thanks!!

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/ali/official/

https://xdaforums.com/moto-g6/development/stock-firmware-moto-g6-t3792292

Reactions: teckgiik101

jimmyrocks190

Aug 23, 2018
Moto G
Moto G Play
Hey everyone I'm a newbie. But I have a question for you. I have a Moto G6 and the battery maybe lasts me a few hours and it's really lagging. What can I do to improve my situation? Thanks in advance for your help.

rohit1363

Apr 15, 2017
delhi
Cant flash magisk 20.1 or even any other always stuck on bootloop any suggestions

Device.= Moto g6 4gb ram
Rom= stock rom
Bootloader =unlocked
Recovery=TWRP 3.2/3.3

Can't flash no encryption either always show error 1

SheldonAlex

Jul 6, 2016
its worth to root it just to enable the frontal notification led?
I think the root process a bit confusing.
i dont have official warranty anymore.
Thanks

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Hey guys, looking into a replacement device for my aging G4. Won't be getting it immediately, rather waiting for the price to drop enough to pick up an unlocked one on Amazon. The G6 here looks pretty nice, so I want to ask G6 users a couple of questions about it:

1) How's the ROM scene looking for this phone? I saw there was one Lineage 16.1 ROM released before that has a few bugs, but would users of it consider it good enough to be a daily driver? If there's at least ONE stable-enough ROM for the phone, and at least a few people that care about development for it, that's honestly good enough for me

2) How's the hardware of the phone holding up? I heard rumors from G6 and G6 Play owners before that the volume rockers or power buttons on these things tend to break after a year or so. If these are prone to breakage, maybe it's best I stay away from it

I'm torn between this, the G7 Play, and the E6. Or, if any of you would prefer any of these OTHER devices, please tell me which one and why, that input would also be very valuable!

anomon_one

Jan 4, 2020
G6Plus-ROMs compatible with G6? / What to keep in mind when flashing G6?

Hey!
1) Does anyone know if ROMs (e.g. LineageOS or RessuractionRemix) for G6Plus also run on G6 properly? I've seen something about that on youtube, but wasn't shure if it is a good idea to give it a try and didn't found anything about it on the forum.
2) If yes: Can I use the description of G6Plus-ROM-threads to flash my G6 or what do I have to pay attention to?
3) Does the the G6 also have A/B-Partition logic and do I also need to use a modifyed TWRP which can handle encrypted partitions?

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
Hey guys, looking into a replacement device for my aging G4. Won't be getting it immediately, rather waiting for the price to drop enough to pick up an unlocked one on Amazon. The G6 here looks pretty nice, so I want to ask G6 users a couple of questions about it:

1) How's the ROM scene looking for this phone? I saw there was one Lineage 16.1 ROM released before that has a few bugs, but would users of it consider it good enough to be a daily driver? If there's at least ONE stable-enough ROM for the phone, and at least a few people that care about development for it, that's honestly good enough for me

2) How's the hardware of the phone holding up? I heard rumors from G6 and G6 Play owners before that the volume rockers or power buttons on these things tend to break after a year or so. If these are prone to breakage, maybe it's best I stay away from it

I'm torn between this, the G7 Play, and the E6. Or, if any of you would prefer any of these OTHER devices, please tell me which one and why, that input would also be very valuable!
The g6+ has some roms besides Los like RR and HavocOS. Google is your friend and telegram.

Depends on your budget but several g6+ owners such as myself and at least 2 of the g6+ devs have moved on to the g7.

Remember the g6+ was not released in the US so provisioniong can be an issue. In my case Att would not/could not provision the device for VOLTE I was stuck being on 3g voice and lte data. I mentioned this because your profile says you're a vzw customer. Keep in mind they shut down there 3g cdma network on Jan 1 2020 so I question if the device would even work on Verizon. The g7 has slightly smaller screen by just .2 inches and devs are going to be supporting this phone longer then the g6+ most likely.

Hey!
1) Does anyone know if ROMs (e.g. LineageOS or RessuractionRemix) for G6Plus also run on G6 properly? I've seen something about that on youtube, but wasn't shure if it is a good idea to give it a try and didn't found anything about it on the forum.
2) If yes: Can I use the description of G6Plus-ROM-threads to flash my G6 or what do I have to pay attention to?
3) Does the the G6 also have A/B-Partition logic and do I also need to use a modifyed TWRP which can handle encrypted partitions?

Unless something has changed, and it shouldn't have, no g6 has different hardware and roms are hardware/device specific.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: sd_shadow

Emoxio

Jan 8, 2020
Hey !

I'd like to install the application "DJI Fly", which is not compatible with Moto G6. The reason is that the app is only 64 bits compatible.
However the architecture of the processor of the phone is 64 bits, but with a 32 bits OS on it, if I well understood.

So my question is: is it possible to install a 64 bits OS ? For example, if I put the Lineage 16.1 rom on my phone, will it be 64 bits running, and will I be able to install the app ?
If not, do you have any idea for my problem ?

Thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Moto G6

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Does the G6 have the A/B System partition for Seamless Updates? I've checked my G6 and Storage says System is 6.5gb. On my X4 Android One that has Seamless Updates, the System partition is around 13gb.
    True (A/B seamless update) in Moto G6+. I don't know in the plain Moto G6.
    I discovered it when I do the first update after purchase my unit. The seamless update is fantastic!
    Will the bootloader be unlocked ?

Bootloader can be unlocked, haven't unlocked mine but my code seemed to be ok in motorola's page.
    Does the G6 have the A/B System partition for Seamless Updates? I've checked my G6 and Storage says System is 6.5gb. On my X4 Android One that has Seamless Updates, the System partition is around 13gb.

Moto G6 has not A/B scheme. Only Moto G6+ has A/B scheme
    Q. The g6 Plus has a gyroscope, why can't I take photospheres with the default camera? Do I need the Google Camera?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Q. The g6 Plus has a gyroscope, why can't I take photospheres with the default camera? Do I need the Google Camera?

A. amswered my own question - installed the latest Google Camera and when that failed, tried the last version until I found one that worked. This is the one I have installed:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/camera-5-1-018-177624777-release/

Also, HDR, Slow-Mo and background defocus all work too on my G6 Plus!!