[Help Thread][Moto G6] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly (2018)

Search This thread

tifriis

Jul 25, 2019
Hello community !

I wanted to delete applications via ADB. SInce then, my phone is blocked on boot (bootloop) and impossible to do a recovery ("no command").
Here what I did with ADB :
Code:
  297  sudo adb start-server
  302  adb devices
  303  adb logcat
  304  adb shell
  305  adb shell pm list packages -d 
  306  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gm
  307  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs
  308  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.music
  309  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.chrome
  310  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.linkedin.android
  311  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.camera2
  312  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.microsoft.office.outlook
  313  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0
  314  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.amazon.appmanager
  315  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.email
  316  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.moto
  317  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gm
  318  adb shell pm list packages | grep google
  319  adb shell pm list packages | grep motorola
  320  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.turbo
  321  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.timezonedata
  322  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.arselfie
  323  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.actions
  324  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.inputmethod.japonese
  325  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.inputmethod.japanese
  326  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin
  327  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.gcs
  328  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.tts
  329  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.motodisplay
  330  adb shell pm list packages -d 
  331  adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.motorola.brapps

Do you know how to restore my phone ? I have back up of my datas.
Thanks !

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hello community !

I wanted to delete applications via ADB. SInce then, my phone is blocked on boot (bootloop) and impossible to do a recovery ("no command").
How to enter recovery
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82115819&postcount=136

Although not sure what you think you can do with it
Factory reset will not restore the apks, but it could help with the boot loop.
You could try
Code:
fastboot erase userdata

Do you know how to restore my phone ? I have back up of my datas.
Thanks !
The easiest way is use LMSA'S Flash rescue option
https://xdaforums.com/general/general/update-moto-lenovo-moto-smart-assistant-t3951714

Sent from my ali using XDA Labs

Reactions: tifriis

tifriis

Jul 25, 2019
Thanks to your link I suceed to enter recovery ! So fast ! A big thanks to you !
Do you know which is the app I deleted who caused this problem ?

Last edited:

Arbirchy

Apr 8, 2020
Hi! I'm currently using AOSP 10 (phusson) with his Magisk on my Moto g6- and randomly, a period of time after a device reboot, apps will stop opening. When this happens, the app icon (when pressed) brightens and darkens as if you were opening the app, then it stalls a few seconds before opening up to the app's intro screen- which never initializes the actual app process. This can happen either seconds or days after a reboot- and the only way to really fix this is a reboot, and sometimes it never happens at all. On one occasion, I was able to remedy the problem by locking and unlocking the device, but usually when I try this it unlocks to a black screen before returning back to the launcher. Also, one time Chrome crashed on my device, which (I think) restarted SystemUI and it remedied the problem for me. This is a problem across many Android 10 GSIs tried on my device, and some 9 GSIs as well sometimes.

Please help~

- Arbirchy

Shishir179

May 25, 2020
Screen went out, need to access storage and/or mirror the screen on laptop

I dropped my G6 and a few seconds later the screen went out like a dead light bulb. The device is running tho and i checked the find my phone option and its turned on and everything is functioning well. The device has a password and fingerprint lock as well as a face unlock. I was able to unlock it using the fingerprint sensor a few times (it used to buzz when i pressed my finger on it so im assuming it unlocked) but now its not buzzing anymore (maybe too many attempt?). this is a really old and roughly used device but it my daily driver. The power button went out a few weeks ago and I supplement the use of the power button with the fingerprint sensor (for lock unlock) and fastboot reboot command in case the phone dies. The phone has a lot of data which i need for college and thats all that matters to me rn. I dont believe USB debugging is turned on however the device is powered on.

I need access to the phone storage and/or mirror the phone screen on the laptop.

can it be done? If yes, then how? please help as its the only phone I have.

tldr; Screen went out, usb debugging probably not on need access to storage and/or mirror device screen to laptop

p.s sorry if I'm breaking any post rules its my first time here

josno

Sep 20, 2015
I can't upgrade and I have a weird problem with boot and reboot

Hi everyone. I have rooted the phone and installed android pie stock firmware. But whenever I reboot, or whenever the phone shuts down, when I reboot it, it starts in recovery mode, and I have to press the start button to start the proper boot. This wasn't a big issue, but I realised that I can't upgrade the phone because when it has to reboot, it stucks in recovery mode and I have to click the start button, but then the upgrade is failed. I don't know what I may have done wrong, I wonder if someone can help me. Thanks!

Aravind_Sivan

Jun 13, 2020
Hi....long time back I installed descendant os on my g6. But somehow it had some issues which didn't boot the device, so I reverted it back to stock rom. But after that the imei of the device got removed from the device making it useless for making calls. Could someone help me to resolve this issue. I am using redmi note 7 now but really want my g6 back again.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hi....long time back I installed descendant os on my g6. But somehow it had some issues which didn't boot the device, so I reverted it back to stock rom. But after that the imei of the device got removed from the device making it useless for making calls. Could someone help me to resolve this issue. I am using redmi note 7 now but really want my g6 back again.
Usually imei issue can be fixed by flashing stock firmware correctly.
Try LMSA's Flash Rescue option
https://xdaforums.com/general/general/update-moto-lenovo-moto-smart-assistant-t3951714

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

tifriis

Jul 25, 2019
Hi, I rooted my Moto G6 and installed Magisk and TWRP. My moto proposed an android security update (PPSS29.55.37-7-10) but when I want to install it, the phone reboot in recovery mode but nothing update.
What is the way to install system update ? Do I need to download myself (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261827290) and install it with twrp ? Thanks for your help :)

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hi, I rooted my Moto G6 and installed Magisk and TWRP. My moto proposed an android security update (PPSS29.55.37-7-10) but when I want to install it, the phone reboot in recovery mode but nothing update.
What is the way to install system update ? Do I need to download myself (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261827290) and install it with twrp ? Thanks for your help :)
You can't install stock firmware with twrp unless it's been modified for twrp.
You can update with LMSA's Flash update option or flash rescue.
You will need to reflash twrp.

Or flash manually with fastboot.exe which may require reflashing twrp
https://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

tifriis

Jul 25, 2019
You can't install stock firmware with twrp unless it's been modified for twrp.
You can update with LMSA's Flash update option or flash rescue.
You will need to reflash twrp.

Or flash manually with fastboot.exe which may require reflashing twrp
https://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/guide-flashing-motorola-firmware-t4042039

Thanks. So just to be sure, I just have to connect my phone to windows, launch LMSA and then select the "Flash" Tab (Switch to Upgrade) option ? I won't lose any data ? Thanks

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

tifriis

Jul 25, 2019

Thanks, so just to be sure, In order to update my moto g6 without erase my data I have to use fastboot and the following command :
Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
[B]fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8[/B]
[B]fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img_sparsechunk.1[/B]
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
[STRIKE]fastboot erase userdata[/STRIKE]
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

It's not obvious for me (I want to update to ALI_PPSS29.55-37-7-10_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-XT1925-5_CFC.xml.zip). Thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Moto G6

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Does the G6 have the A/B System partition for Seamless Updates? I've checked my G6 and Storage says System is 6.5gb. On my X4 Android One that has Seamless Updates, the System partition is around 13gb.
    True (A/B seamless update) in Moto G6+. I don't know in the plain Moto G6.
    I discovered it when I do the first update after purchase my unit. The seamless update is fantastic!
    Will the bootloader be unlocked ?

Bootloader can be unlocked, haven't unlocked mine but my code seemed to be ok in motorola's page.
    Does the G6 have the A/B System partition for Seamless Updates? I've checked my G6 and Storage says System is 6.5gb. On my X4 Android One that has Seamless Updates, the System partition is around 13gb.

Moto G6 has not A/B scheme. Only Moto G6+ has A/B scheme
    Q. The g6 Plus has a gyroscope, why can't I take photospheres with the default camera? Do I need the Google Camera?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Q. The g6 Plus has a gyroscope, why can't I take photospheres with the default camera? Do I need the Google Camera?

A. amswered my own question - installed the latest Google Camera and when that failed, tried the last version until I found one that worked. This is the one I have installed:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/camera-5-1-018-177624777-release/

Also, HDR, Slow-Mo and background defocus all work too on my G6 Plus!!