[HELP THREAD][Motorola Droid Razr HD][XT926-XT925] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly

Search This thread

dominater56

Dec 16, 2015
So I tried this new app that uses the proximity sensor to turn off the display. But I think I overused the sensor and now it, along with the headphone jack, is not working. I was wondering if there are some drivers that can be reinstalled or something.

What I have done so far is flash the ROM and rooted. I have no idea what to do and its pretty annoying when I'm in call and it hangs up coz the screen won't go off :(

Can someone please help? @sd_shadow probably?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
So I tried this new app that uses the proximity sensor to turn off the display. But I think I overused the sensor and now it, along with the headphone jack, is not working. I was wondering if there are some drivers that can be reinstalled or something.

What I have done so far is flash the ROM and rooted. I have no idea what to do and its pretty annoying when I'm in call and it hangs up coz the screen won't go off :(

all the hardware drivers are included in the firmware xml.zip if you flashed with rsd lite and factory set, probably is not fixable
is the bootloader unlocked?
what firmware version is it on?

Reactions: dominater56

dominater56

Dec 16, 2015
all the hardware drivers are included in the firmware xml.zip if you flashed with rsd lite and factory set, probably is not fixable

Bootloader is locked
Firmware is 183.46.15

All I did was use an app that keeps the sensor on all the time. So I don't see why the headphone jack won't work.

Edit: nvm. Its working again. I took it apart and cleaned the inside and made sure everything was properly connected :)

Last edited:

Razr031

Dec 6, 2016
Hi
I have a problem with my xt925 it is stuck in a bootloop and I cant do a hard reset because it wont get into recovery mode , the screen just goes black when it shoud show android guy with a triangle.
And the best part is the RSD lite wont recognize it.

Razr031

Dec 6, 2016
The bootloader is unlocked (it was unlocked in smartphone service store but they did not menage to boot it into recovery neither) .
It can show that the device is unlocked (status code 3) and there is a date on top (2014-08-22).
The phone has stock android (kitkat) I never tried too root it .
It just showed that I should insert the sim card and when I turned it off , it wouldnt boot anymore.
It also says "connect usb data cable" but nothing happens when you connect it too the pc (there is a sound like you connected it and disconnected fast)

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
The bootloader is unlocked (it was unlocked in smartphone service store but they did not menage to boot it into recovery neither) .
It can show that the device is unlocked (status code 3) and there is a date on top (2014-08-22).
The phone has stock android (kitkat) I never tried too root it .
It just showed that I should insert the sim card and when I turned it off , it wouldnt boot anymore.
It also says "connect usb data cable" but nothing happens when you connect it too the pc (there is a sound like you connected it and disconnected fast)
what about the battery status?

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs

maggot4L1F3

Jul 16, 2012
any new bl unlocks since the .15 update

Motorola Droid Razr HD
[XT926][XT925]

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
redLine.png

List of supporters
@sd_shadow
...​

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligible for posting in development section.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read

Please Provide as much as the the following Information that you can, with Your Question
  • Your bootloader status if applicable
  • Rom name with complete baseband/date/version
  • Kernel name
  • Any Mods you are using
  • If you are using Custom Rom, your flashing style i.e dirty/clean or you wiped anything else in specific
  • If you used any guide, link to the guide
  • Root status
  • Your exact problem
  • Any method you tried that failed
  • Any other detail you think would be necessary
  • If you do not include the information, it will be the first thing I ask.

Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.

been looking around got phone rooted, its the xt926 running 4.4.2 with the stupid .15 update, and im wondering if anyone besides the sunshine app has come up with a new way to unlock the bl to install custom roms because i want to get this phone back to functional, as it is it constantly freezes and i have to reset it all the time, wiping it only helps for so long and i have major issues with the bluetooth, and i cant watch videos without them going haywire, anyway in searching i found that the sunshine app has sucessfully cracked the bl on these phones even with the .15 update but they charge $25 for it and that just seems dumb to pay for if i can do it myself and its only a media player for me anyway, so any info would be awesome thanks ahead of time

AlemanSantos

Mar 25, 2016
Temperley
long shot here... anyone can upload the phone ringtone of the french firmware, the name of the ogg was something like sfr sonnerie i think, don't know why but after many years i just remember that ringtone lol, i still have the phone but broken :/

edit: done it myself xD just found an app to extract the system file of the motorola roms and the ringtone was inside in one of the 3 i downloaded =)
App: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/extract-dat-marshmallow-lollipop-easily-t3334117
Ringtone: https://mega.nz/#!xRFBDK5Q!yDhUM2W89iAKDNYoYRWct6gg6ddLykhD6HHqIgxmARU

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Motorola Droid Razr HD
    [XT926][XT925]

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    redLine.png

List of supporters
    @sd_shadow
    ...​

To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @. Also, if you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. If you are not eligible of posting there, you may post here. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!

ROM developers: Please read this. Consider if you want to have a ROM specific help thread or not, if not, most likely questions about your ROM will be asked here if the users aren't eligible for posting in development section.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read

Please Provide as much as the the following Information that you can, with Your Question
    • Your bootloader status if applicable
    • Rom name with complete baseband/date/version
    • Kernel name
    • Any Mods you are using
    • If you are using Custom Rom, your flashing style i.e dirty/clean or you wiped anything else in specific
    • If you used any guide, link to the guide
    • Root status
    • Your exact problem
    • Any method you tried that failed
    • Any other detail you think would be necessary
    • If you do not include the information, it will be the first thing I ask.

Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Hi

I have an ex-Verizon XT926, although I am in the UK. When I first got it I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader (and changed some obscure setting so that it would potentially work on GSM in the US). But I never actually updated the ROM or took any OTA. So it is still on Android 4.1.2, 9.16.6.XT926.Verizon.en.US.

Although I'm being offered 9.18.79.en.US OTA, it won't successfully take that (presumably because I've rooted it, or because it doesn't like the version of TWRP I have installed).
    You cannot install updates unless full stock
    You will need to flash a official (xml.zip) firmware with RSD Lite

I've spent some time googling/searching, but as the version-relevant threads are pretty old now, it all gets a bit confusing.

What I'd like to do is to upgrade to Marshmallow,
    latest official rom is Kitkat 4.4.2,
    Marshmallow may available in a custom rom like CyanogenMod 13 (cm13)
    if a reasonable version exists for this phone. Is it essentially as simple as finding a suitable ROM and installing it from the SD card using ROM Manager? Or via TWRP? Do I need to worry about what version of TWRP I have installed?
    I wouldn't use Rom Manager, Twrp version does matter, find a rom you would like to try, then ask in the rom ask in the Rom thread which TWRP version works best.
    You will most likely need the Kitkat bootloader
    I would just flash a official kitkat 4.4.2 (xml.zip) firmware with RSD Lite
    Awww :(
    There must be some workaround
    The XT926/XT925/XT910 bootloader can now be unlocked with Subnshine.apk
    free to test compatiblity, $25 to unlock

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone