[Help Thread][Nokia 7 Plus](2018) Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

applesaw

Aug 1, 2015
:fingers-crossed: @sd_shadow can you please tell me how to root my nokia 7 plus device. please. :fingers-crossed:

Developer settings show unlock bootloader is 'ON'
please kindly check attached snapshots.

"cheers"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200611-192322.png
    Screenshot_20200611-192322.png
    98 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20200611-192221.png
    Screenshot_20200611-192221.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 69

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
:fingers-crossed: @sd_shadow can you please tell me how to root my nokia 7 plus device. please. :fingers-crossed:

Developer settings show unlock bootloader is 'ON'
please kindly check attached snapshots.

"cheers"
It's a bug. It doesn't do much more

intercity3291

Jul 21, 2020
Nokia 7 Plus Screen does not turn on

I Recently replaced the charge port on my Nokia 7 Plus. when i attempted to take the screen off the screen cracked and i think the FPC Connector is damaged. I Replaced the Charge port and it vibrates. is there a way to transfer files from the phone without the screen being on

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
So my provider (Three UK) is a PITA with HMD. They offer VoWifi for the Nokia 1.3, 2720, 2.2, 2.3, but for some reason HMD have decided not to roll those settings into other ROMs of their phones. Is there anyway to pull the config from one of these devices and add it to the 7 Plus? I am guessing Root would be needed for this, but you never know...

jaskiratsingh

Oct 1, 2008
So my provider (Three UK) is a PITA with HMD. They offer VoWifi for the Nokia 1.3, 2720, 2.2, 2.3, but for some reason HMD have decided not to roll those settings into other ROMs of their phones. Is there anyway to pull the config from one of these devices and add it to the 7 Plus? I am guessing Root would be needed for this, but you never know...

I was with Vodafone and the was no volte or vowifi. I changed my service provider, we have an option of porting and new provider has both volte n VoWiFi showing in settings. No change was made in ROM.

I guess this is service officer driven too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Nokia 7 Plus

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Hi,

I've got two questions.
    1. Is it possible to stop Google Play from adding new icons for every app installed in the default launcher? I don't want to change my launcher, hence my reason for asking.
    2. Is it possible to have multiple variants of messengers in the phone, kind of a similar feature in S7 after Oreo update? I need one for my work Sim.

Yes, you just need to disable the Add Icon to Home Screen setting in the home settings - see screenshot.
    Screenshot_20180706-124815.png

Try apps like Parallel Space, here are some alternatives on a quick googlesearch. https://alternativeto.net/software/parallel-space/
    Yes, I like Parallel Space. Unfortunately it seems to not work with the P beta - every time I open the app it immediately crashes. :(
    How to turn on gesture navigation in pie stable build
    Settings > System > Gestures > Swipe up on home button

Small tip: the search field in the settings is very helpful. You type "gestures" and it points you to the correct place in the settings :)
    Trying to flash the recovery, but I'm afraid I can't get the phone recognized by the PC in fastboot mode. I've tried switching to a different PC, installing all the possible USB drivers I could find - still no luck. It is recognized by ADB when the phone is turned on, but as soon as I reboot to bootloader/fastboot mode, the phone isn't recognized.
    The command ''fastboot flash boot_a <image`s name>.img‏'' does nothing, and nothing appears after entering ''fastboot devices''.

I've tried searching the web and the forums , and haven't found a helpful solution. Any ideas how can I resolve it?
    I had the same issue. What I did was, first I completely uninstalled every nokia drivers that I could find in apps and settings (windows) and then, installed every windows driver that I could find in the virtual CD that appears when you connect your phone to PC in MTP mode.

Also, to get all the driver installers, you can search for OST LA 6.1.2 zip, download and extract it. Under the driver folder there would be 3 installers, Phone nokia driver, Nokia M driver and Nokia F driver. Install them

Note: They unfortunately didn't install directly, and showed insufficient permissions. And, they are msi installers so there is no option to run as administrator. What I did was to enable the hidden administrator account inside windows (open cmd as administrator and issue: net user administrator /active:yes) and install from there. To disable it again, just change yes to no and re-run the command.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone