V

Vatsal

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

image.jpg

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
attachment.php
List of supporters
@Vatsal
...​
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.

MajorAly

May 20, 2012
Jeddah
Good thread to help get all the questions and answers collected in a single thread.

My question is:

What are the specs of SD 835 in S8/S8+ vs Exynos 8895 (9 Series) in S8/S8+? Cores speed etc.

Zeal415

Jun 20, 2015
So I am considering the S8+...

~~~long story~~~
Note 4 locked me out cuz i somehow glitched out my samsung account, to the point where it was no longer on the phone. did a factory Reset to try and get the samsung account back, and now its asking for my samsung account, and it fails.. So basically Its asking for a ghost account. I am going to send it off to samsung to get it unlocked. but That gives me reason to get the S8+

~~~End~~~

Few things,

1. What do you think would be the best variant of the phone to get? (I am looking into changing carriers, currently on metro, thinking about tmobile.)
-I want to Root it, Should i just pre-order from Samsung and buy the international, or just get the Tmobile version? or maybe verizon idk. My note 4 never got a root because it was the AT&T variant, don't want to repeat.
2. Dex! Do you think we will be able to load up Linux? or Specific Virtual PC's with Corporate VPNS on them?
-This is was really is selling the phone for me, If I can load up a bunch of Virtual PC's on here, that'd be pretty bad ass.
3. If I decide to go with the Note 8 later this year, do you think the S8+ will retain its value on Swappa, that Way i can just sell and upgrade? (I use my stylus all the time, but Im thnking if I set up a sick Dex set up in my work van I won't really need the stylus.
4. How excited are you?

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Any xda devs out there who have the exynos S8+ on order? Want to know who to bug for root and twrp access (err.. I mean who to send paypal donations too...):laugh: more than anything though, would be very apreciative if a dev could confirm after inspecting it if exynos S8+ is in fact bootloader locked.

Cant beleive how many drop tests and reviews on youtube not one addressing if exynos has a locked bootloader.

Last edited:

GreeleyXda

Dec 12, 2014
Hi i have a note 5 with some old versions off apps, am i better off just copy the apk or will loging in account let me download the old version on my new phone?

also will a theme meant for 5.0 work on nougat?

XavierAD

Jan 28, 2016
I just want to know about the deals they had in place for previous Note 7 users and where/when the Blue Coral version will be available.

bigcdawg17

Oct 12, 2012
I have At&t unlimited data plan, but no tethering option.

Will rooting my device allow me to make it a mobile hotspot and if so, will I have unlimited data through that hot spot as well?

marcil802

Mar 16, 2015
Montréal
Telus Canada

Hey man when searching for the right version of roms / root. As telus user what version usually represents us?
Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile, US cellular, and how do I know if I have a locked boot loader.
Last and not lease, is the GALAXY S8 PLUS going to be rootable?
Hopefully there is gonna be a section on the forum for telus Canada.

Thanks.
Jonathan
[email protected]

Treasarion

Oct 30, 2016
Hockenheim
I watched a few Youtube Videos today with diffrent comparison methods between s8/s8+ s7/s7e in some Benchmarks and AppStuff.
My Device (g935f @ Superstock Rom / superkernelwith Synapse Tweaks) is sometimes faster then S8. Special with Games the S8 is a little more better in speeds.

I cant see a big Reason why to buy me a new S8, when my actual S7e brings the same speed and function's. (Dont need Bixby or any ohter Voice App so..) The Camera is also the same with (too) little diffrences for my suggestion.

And i think the S8 cant get to 5-6hours SOT so far like an S7e. Ok 5-6 hours with Systemmods like Superstock, Synapse and Modkernel.. but i think with Stock Rom you get nearly 4-5hours SOT with normal usage.

So im interested of you guys..what do you think about it ? You think like me, stay with S7 and Upgrade with Note 8 or S9 next time ? Or you wanna buy the S8 right now or later with better prices ?

Reactions: freddy boy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to use a wireless charging stand at night.

I use the Otterbox Defender case and a magnetic car mount that goes in the air vent (I can't post a link because of my post count, but it's the TechMatte air vent magnetic mount on Amazon). The mount uses a small metal plate between the case and the phone.

Will wireless charging still work through the case and the metal plate? Will the case and plate cause the phone to get too hot from the wireless charging?

Also, what wireless charging stand do you guys use? Which one do you think the best is to keep the phone cool and charge fast?

A metal between the charging pads will not work. You can use one at a time but not both.
    My device is GALAXY S8PLUS SM-G955D(SC-03J).DOCOMO
    How can I Root it? I need help(╥ω╥`)
    could you help me?

THANKSε٩(๑> ₃ <)۶ з
    That's what I figured. My S7 isn't but 6 months old and I haven't heard of any trade-in deals with my carrier. I do have an LG with a different carrier that I might would trade in on an 8+.
    Yeah my advise is get it if you can get a good deal otherwise waiting isn't a bad option as price goes down a lot on sammys after a few months so you could sell your s7 and LG and afford to buy 1 privately.
    I watched a few Youtube Videos today with diffrent comparison methods between s8/s8+ s7/s7e in some Benchmarks and AppStuff.
    My Device (g935f @ Superstock Rom / superkernelwith Synapse Tweaks) is sometimes faster then S8. Special with Games the S8 is a little more better in speeds.

I cant see a big Reason why to buy me a new S8, when my actual S7e brings the same speed and function's. (Dont need Bixby or any ohter Voice App so..) The Camera is also the same with (too) little diffrences for my suggestion.

And i think the S8 cant get to 5-6hours SOT so far like an S7e. Ok 5-6 hours with Systemmods like Superstock, Synapse and Modkernel.. but i think with Stock Rom you get nearly 4-5hours SOT with normal usage.

So im interested of you guys..what do you think about it ? You think like me, stay with S7 and Upgrade with Note 8 or S9 next time ? Or you wanna buy the S8 right now or later with better prices ?
    Hi

I want to install twrp in my samsung SM-G955F, but I don't know if it's "Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Exynos) (dream2lte)" or "Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Snapdragon) (dream2qlte)".

Where could i find that information?

Thanks a lot