• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[help thread] [noobs friendly] ask anything about vr

Search This thread

[email protected]

Aug 9, 2015
Tbilisi
Encountered several WebVR sites that do not display vr switch button, so I would like to be able to switch to the vr mode myself manually, do you know if there are any ways to do that?

(Have LOS14 on a moto g5 cedric)

Encountered several WebVR sites that do not display vr switch button, so I would like to be able to switch to the vr mode myself manually, do you know if there are any ways to do that?

(Have LOS14 on a moto g5 cedric)
search for vr apps on playstore, you'll find many, try Google cardboard app once.

Reactions: [email protected]

OF_Ge_72

Nov 10, 2016
Hi to all,
I have a funny problem with a new Hisense A2.
The Hisense A2 is a new dual screen phone which I wanted to replace my yotaphone 2. Both phones have a e-ink display on the front/backside and an additional normal display. The apps from the normal display can be switched to the e-ink display. It works with google maps, browsers, and also youtube (looking, well not so good).

With the Yota it is no problem to use google cardboard oder chinese vr glasses. With the Hisense, the problem is, that the video feed is switched to the e-ink cover, where it does not work, even if the split screen line and the gear symbol is on the lcd side.

This happens with google cardboard apps, which is sad.

InstaVR Apps, like tokyo VR for cardboard or AAA VR Cinema Cardboard work.

I thought, all those cardboard apps would use the same output environment. Is there a tool with wich you can check wich VR modes (Cardboard, GearVR, ??) are working?

Thanks to you. If the post has landed in the wrong forum, please forward it.

Jens

Piest4r

Jul 28, 2020
Possibly a question with many answers.
I suffer from "VR sickness" whenever I go on the PS4 VR headset.
I didn't know it was a thing before I experienced it, it's like a feeling of dissociation and anxiety caused by the body not feeling what you brain thinks it's doing.

My question: would this happen with Google cardboard? Anyone with experience in this would be beneficial.

Top Liked Posts