Question [HELP THREAD][Nothing Phone (1)] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

poeya

Nov 28, 2022
Lately when I press the lock button on the NP1 it opens te camera instead of locking the phone. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? this wasnt happening when I first got the phone only happening recently maybe after the last OS update. It doesnt happen every time some times it also locks the phone normally

kuba22277

Mar 25, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Nothing Phone 1
Lately when I press the lock button on the NP1 it opens te camera instead of locking the phone. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? this wasnt happening when I first got the phone only happening recently maybe after the last OS update. It doesnt happen every time some times it also locks the phone normally
It registers a double-click, which is a shortcut for the camera. You can turn that off in settings>system>gestures; as to why your button is double clicking, that's an entirely different topic, and one I can't answer.

Reactions: poeya

xSynatiC

Mar 1, 2016
Is there no way to toggle the Flashlight with the screen off? Aka Hold the power button to turn on flashlight?

Is there no way to make that using the volume buttons always changes media volume first?

Can i not reduce the vibration intensity?

no option to double tap the screen to wake it up?

Why can't i hide the 3 button navigation bar when i'm not using it.

Last edited:

AnotherM1m

Nov 20, 2016
If the phone says fast charging is it always 33w? Or it can like fast charge at 15w?

With ampere I'm seeing 3A but the voltage stays at around 4.4 which should mean 5V

kuba22277

Mar 25, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Nothing Phone 1
If the phone says fast charging is it always 33w? Or it can like fast charge at 15w?

With ampere I'm seeing 3A but the voltage stays at around 4.4 which should mean 5V
From my own experience, probably to prevent excess heat and battery wear, Nothing is throttling the wattage with screen on to max 15w, on my phone it's closer to 11w. According to AccuBattery's history, the average screen off charge speed when on a USB-PD 33w charger shows about 5800mA, so ~30w, whereas with screen on it's 1906mA, around 11w . So, if your charger is QC3, QC4 or USB-PD 3 compatible, it should charge the phone full speed when not touching the phone and with the screen off :)

Edit: with lower wattage chargers, it is probably still halving the current just in case. Not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnotherM1m

wizardlol

Dec 3, 2022
How to disable "try night sight" prompt from poping out everytime im in a dark setting (Gcam nothing phone 1 port)

1670089009071.png

wizardlol

Dec 3, 2022
Need more information: what base GCam version, which developer, which version of the port. All GCam ports are different and come with different changes, unfortunately.
Ouh sorry, im using this version MGC_8.5.300_A10_V2_MGC.apk got it from getdroidtips.com.
I've turned off framed hint, but it still pops out. Tried disable promote_night_sight in dev mode but still pops out also tried turn off these. im just blindly trying not sure what it meant
Screenshot_20221203-2210052.png

Chaotick

Aug 18, 2010
Toruń
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Hi!

Today I bought NP1 and after update to Nothing OS 1.1.7 I'm having issues with 5G network. My carrier supports 5G , i know that 5G is enabled in my cell plan however no 5G ;) Speed are like 80 mbit/s and the icon is 4G/4G+. In data network 5G is selected. I have the Polish/EU Nothing Phone 1 8GB/256 model.

kuba22277

Mar 25, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Nothing Phone 1
Hi!

Today I bought NP1 and after update to Nothing OS 1.1.7 I'm having issues with 5G network. My carrier supports 5G , i know that 5G is enabled in my cell plan however no 5G ;) Speed are like 80 mbit/s and the icon is 4G/4G+. In data network 5G is selected. I have the Polish/EU Nothing Phone 1 8GB/256 model.
First, did you ever have 5G connectivity on NP with that carrier?

If no, and that carrier is Plus/Polkomtel, then yeah... Nothing has no 5G config for the device because it's not certified, and since only x-kom and Play distribute Nothing products in Poland, I doubt they'll feel the need to add the config. Plus has always been lazy like that.

Chaotick

Aug 18, 2010
Toruń
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
First, did you ever have 5G connectivity on NP with that carrier?

If no, and that carrier is Plus/Polkomtel, then yeah... Nothing has no 5G config for the device because it's not certified, and since only x-kom and Play distribute Nothing products in Poland, I doubt they'll feel the need to add the config. Plus has always been lazy like that.
You are 100% correct sir! That carrier is PLUS....however the device is unlocked so I don't understand that is the trouble for them? My previous phone - Motorola 30 EDGE was also not certified...

kuba22277

Mar 25, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Nothing Phone 1
You are 100% correct sir! That carrier is PLUS....however the device is unlocked so I don't understand that is the trouble for them? My previous phone - Motorola 30 EDGE was also not certified...
I believe it'd be easier when they already have a certified phone from a given brand, because then the phone's radio has the appropriate XML settings already in the modem configuration. I didn't have VoLTE on my OnePlus Nord because Plus explicitly disabled that feature in Oneplus' radios, forcing me to swap XML files in QPST, to "claw it back" (phone supported, but modem config said it didn't) something I thankfully didn't need to do with my Nothing.

Then again, 5G slicing config is a different beast altogether, so if they didn't provide the settings for Nothing in the ROM itself, there's really nothing we can do, except ask both Plus and Nothing to change that, which I'm not holding my breath for tbh.

I'm moving to T-Mobile as soon as my plan ends.

Please note, I go purely on my three hours of calls with Plus's tech support and my prior experience with modding my Nord, most of this is speculation.

Chaotick

Aug 18, 2010
Toruń
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I believe it'd be easier when they already have a certified phone from a given brand, because then the phone's radio has the appropriate XML settings already in the modem configuration. I didn't have VoLTE on my OnePlus Nord because Plus explicitly disabled that feature in Oneplus' radios, forcing me to swap XML files in QPST, to "claw it back" (phone supported, but modem config said it didn't) something I thankfully didn't need to do with my Nothing.

Then again, 5G slicing config is a different beast altogether, so if they didn't provide the settings for Nothing in the ROM itself, there's really nothing we can do, except ask both Plus and Nothing to change that, which I'm not holding my breath for tbh.

I'm moving to T-Mobile as soon as my plan ends.

Please note, I go purely on my three hours of calls with Plus's tech support and my prior experience with modding my Nord, most of this is speculation.
I called Plus support line which did not answer which is typical - exactly as You wrote...

A wrote a question to Nothing as well. Fingers crossed ^^

If this is turly the case with PLUS i might change my plan as well to something else. The wired thing is that the Nothing phone "sees" that the sim card is 5G and the option is selected. No 5G speeds though....

Thanks for info Kuma :D

kuba22277

Mar 25, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Nothing Phone 1
I called Plus support line which did not answer which is typical - exactly as You wrote...

A wrote a question to Nothing as well. Fingers crossed ^^

If this is turly the case with PLUS i might change my plan as well to something else. The wired thing is that the Nothing phone "sees" that the sim card is 5G and the option is selected. No 5G speeds though....

Thanks for info Kuma :D
Yeah, the "support" is there, but there's no config, hence no connection established. They don't care and will either a) blame it on "the phone being sourced from the UK", b) don't believe you that there is a phone called "nothing", c) wash their hands saying that if it's not bought it from them, they need not support it :)

Reactions: Chaotick

Ofdas23

Jul 31, 2019

[All Google services stopped having network access]​

Hey everyone,

after Play Store constantly kept crashing, I tried the usual, and nothing helped
So I uninstalled it and reinstalled.
After doing so, suddenly google services (or so I think?) does not have any network connection anymore

-Google Discover all the way to the left of the homescreen says "an error occurred"
-Google Play Store says "you are offline"
-the Google App says "no network connection"
-the Gmail App also doesn't have network access, stuck at "your messages are being loaded"

What can I do? I tried reflashing the firmware (as an update, not clean flash, since I want to do that as a last resort, I tried clearing cache)

Thank you in advance! :3​

Chaotick

Aug 18, 2010
Toruń
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Yeah, the "support" is there, but there's no config, hence no connection established. They don't care and will either a) blame it on "the phone being sourced from the UK", b) don't believe you that there is a phone called "nothing", c) wash their hands saying that if it's not bought it from them, they need not support it :)
After a week or so of testing the network issue is not so bad. Donwload speeds are in the range od 200 mbit/s which is not 5G available on my carrier(which was almost double that) but on the other hand nothing to complain about :)

Nothing Phone costumer service was helpful but their suggestions did not help. Carrier suggestions were - as always - to blame the manfacturer for making the phone ( and myself for buying it xD)

VKPM_III

Dec 15, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
Afternoon, guys!
There is a fallowing problem. After churging till 100% i can see only black screen. Hard reset didn't help. So i stuked. Just for several seconds i can see a Logo, then durkness. How can i boot it?

kuba22277

Mar 25, 2013
OnePlus Nord
Nothing Phone 1
Afternoon, guys!
There is a fallowing problem. After churging till 100% i can see only black screen. Hard reset didn't help. So i stuked. Just for several seconds i can see a Logo, then durkness. How can i boot it?
First, is your PC recognizing the phone when you connect it? Second, when plugging it when fully off, does it boot to the "offline charging" state? (Showing the charge percentage with phone still off)
Third, were you on stable or Open Beta software?

Reactions: VKPM_III

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know how to get out of this state?

View attachment 5814319
    ~~It honestly looks like a hardware failure panic screen... Unsure if you can do anything with it without dev software.~~

Edit: I stand corrected, this is ramdump mode. It may signify a hardware problem, it may signify you held a weird button combination when turning the phone on. Try restarting it by holding power.
    Does anyone know how to get out of this state?
    View attachment 5814319
    Found myself here too once when taking the phone out of my pocket. Don't know at all what happened. I just held the power button until the device restarted and it was fine.
    Hi Everyone,
    I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
    Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
    Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

PLEASE SEARCH AND READ BEFORE TO POST EVERYWHERE, FOR A BETTER HELP. THANKS (y)
    I was thinking of backing up my IMEI numbers when I get my device, to prevent this from happening. I'm hoping the Qualcomm Product Support Tool works with the phone. @Sib64 Do you suggest any other methods to back up the IMEI?
    Having no clear and definite visibility on this kind of problem and despite the various messages left on the Nothing Discord or the forum, there is no feedback yet.😠
    I wrote the tutorial that allows to use Qualcomm's tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) but I'm not sure if it works for the Phone(1), even if the processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon.
    So when in doubt, I prefer not to post it.

But this afternoon I will post a tutorial on how to use Sideload.;)
    Hi, i noticed a weird bug with night shift mode on the nothing phone1, no matter how you'll set up your night shift mode it will always turn it on BUT it'll never turn it off again, at least for me now.

Hopefully it'll get fixed within the next update
    @hemanth.k , @Holospark
    I've sent your request to Nothing Discord
    You mean Discord or Nothing Community?
    Yes, or a another way