Question [HELP THREAD][Nothing Phone (1)] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

jb232

Dec 24, 2022
Hello , I have manually reverted to stock os. I had 1,1,3 after flashing. Received OTA update for 1,1,7 , will i get hotfix or 1,1,8 OTA ?

Hi All!

A couple of questions on the Nothing phone (1);

1. Is there a list of Magisk mods that work specifically with the Nothing phone (1)? If there is, where can I find it (maybe someone can post a link)?
My phone is currently running NothingOS 1.1.8 and is Android 12.

2. Does GravityBox work with this phone yet? I know that the developer posted that he doesn't have an Android 12 device yet, but I wanted to ask if anyone has tried it on their phone and had any success.

3. Has anyone else had the issue with double tapping the recent screens button to switch to the last used app and it doesn't work (it just goes back to the app you were on)? If so, does anyone have a good fix for that?

4. When I turn the screen on (using the power button), about half the time it stays dim for a second or two before the fingerprint sensor "activates" and allows me to unlock it. While this is more of an annoyance than anything else, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks!
All the best to everyone and stay Healthy, Happy, and Safe!
- AndroDummy

manjhonik790

Jan 31, 2023
Hi, I'm currently on 1.1.8 ( Indian Version ), since I wasn't selected for the open beta program.

I found a youtube video which says first I need to unlock the bootloader then downgrade it to 1.1.3 then relock the bootloader, update it via OTA to 1.1.7 and then will be able to sideload the 1.5.
It seems to be alot of work and I don't want to mess anything in the process.

Is there a easier way to downgrade 1.1.8 to 1.1.7 without much hassle ?

Also I'm concerned whether is it worth doing the work ? Any users feedback who is using the 1.5 or 1.5.1 Open beta 2, how good is the improvement ? Or should I stick to 1.1.8 ?

Sorry for posting such a long question 🙏

renis82

May 26, 2016
Good evening, I have this problem. When I put the phone on wireless charging the charging stops and then starts continuously as if I were picking up the phone and then regain it. This does it to me with 1.5.1 but it also did it with 1.1.7. Is anyone aware of this problem? sorry for my english, i used google translate

MrUrgit

May 20, 2010
Melbourne
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)
Hi, I'm currently on 1.1.8 ( Indian Version ), since I wasn't selected for the open beta program.

I found a youtube video which says first I need to unlock the bootloader then downgrade it to 1.1.3 then relock the bootloader, update it via OTA to 1.1.7 and then will be able to sideload the 1.5.
It seems to be alot of work and I don't want to mess anything in the process.

Is there a easier way to downgrade 1.1.8 to 1.1.7 without much hassle ?

Also I'm concerned whether is it worth doing the work ? Any users feedback who is using the 1.5 or 1.5.1 Open beta 2, how good is the improvement ? Or should I stick to 1.1.8 ?

Sorry for posting such a long question 🙏
If you haven't unlocked the bootloader, then you can try and use the "Local System Update" method to try 1.5.1.

Download the ROM you want here:

And follow the installation steps here:

Install via Local System Update wizard​

Nothing OS comes with a built-in system update installation app, but the company has yet to expose it as a user-accessible option. Nonetheless, you can launch it using a custom dialer code or through any activity launcher app.

1. Create a folder named "ota" (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage of your phone. Then copy the update ZIP file to that folder.
  2. Dial *#*#682#*#* to open up the offline update tool.

manjhonik790

Jan 31, 2023
If you haven't unlocked the bootloader, then you can try and use the "Local System Update" method to try 1.5.1.

Download the ROM you want here:

And follow the installation steps here:

Install via Local System Update wizard​

Nothing OS comes with a built-in system update installation app, but the company has yet to expose it as a user-accessible option. Nonetheless, you can launch it using a custom dialer code or through any activity launcher app.

1. Create a folder named "ota" (without the quotes) at the root of the internal storage of your phone. Then copy the update ZIP file to that folder.
  2. Dial *#*#682#*#* to open up the offline update tool.
I have read that directly installing 1.5 or 1.5.1 while still being on 1.1.8 via Local System Update wizard gives error and to some extent it may cause the device to go in bootloop. Is it safe to try this method? Has anyone tried it this way ?

gelu83

Oct 6, 2019
Nothing Phone 1
Hello All,

im hit after 1.1.7 hotfix with error 20. Any tips how to solve it (cant find a solution)

what i tried:
  • restarts
  • reset network connection
  • storage clean up
  • remove google account
  • clean OTA and Google Play cache
  • check local host file (its okay)
  • tried lower OTA versions, he recognizes them and dont install. All higher versions fail with error 20 around 0-5% load
Is there any method without factory reset or boot image load?

MrUrgit

May 20, 2010
Melbourne
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)
I have read that directly installing 1.5 or 1.5.1 while still being on 1.1.8 via Local System Update wizard gives error and to some extent it may cause the device to go in bootloop. Is it safe to try this method? Has anyone tried it this way ?
I'm guessing the error would be due to the fact that the 1.1.8 build is newer than the 1.5.1 Beta build so it won't allow what it thinks is a downgrade of the device.

maranox

Feb 3, 2023
My problem is that the microphone has stopped working. when recording a voice message, noise is heard, when making calls and in the voice recorder, nothing is heard. Update helped last time. but I don't know what to do now

hey i am in the middle i like the nothing phone the iphone look and the long support like apple (yes a bit shorter but its like 4 yrs) but the 1 thing im stuck on is the SD778G cause its a old chip and im also wondering how hot does it run cause if it has some headroom would u see a need for maybe a bit of an overclock? Im kinda a big gamer i like playing COD and maybe a few more AAA games. How is the real world daily driving this phone, battery life? cameras? OS experience? any help is much appreciated. :)

dexlemaffo

Sep 3, 2014
Rabat
hey i am in the middle i like the nothing phone the iphone look and the long support like apple (yes a bit shorter but its like 4 yrs) but the 1 thing im stuck on is the SD778G cause its a old chip and im also wondering how hot does it run cause if it has some headroom would u see a need for maybe a bit of an overclock? Im kinda a big gamer i like playing COD and maybe a few more AAA games. How is the real world daily driving this phone, battery life? cameras? OS experience? any help is much appreciated. :)
If you're a gamer then you should seek either a Nubia, Asus ROG or a Poco F4 GT since they're more capable than thr Nothing Phone.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!
May 28, 2014
Hamburg
HTC One (m7)
LG G6
Hello, best featute od this phone od lights, but I always miss them. i dont looking at my phone non stop and dont see it. It is possible to light glyph non stop when get new message or blink it more often? Thank you
I did sent you some tasker profiles and tasks but ill upload them here too if anyone wants them.

Needs tasker (paid app) and root, but its worth it.

Dont forget to use the GlyphOff profile so the wakelock will get unlocked, otherwise it can impact battery life.

Attachments

• NeoBlinkRingRing.tsk.xml
    16.7 KB · Views: 14
  • NeoBlinkRingLoop.tsk.xml
    18.8 KB · Views: 7
  • GlyphBlink.prf.xml
    12.7 KB · Views: 9
  • GlyphOff.prf.xml
    1.3 KB · Views: 8
  • VID_20221231_042624_050.mp4
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: misiek998
I like androids but iphones are great but there ****ing expensive and the nothing phone has that design i love and performance that is good enough for some gaming. people said the nothing is bad people say its good, i have done research on it and it seems good but the conflicting opinions are hard to say the least. help please.

Deucalion27

Feb 8, 2023
I've had the Nothing phone for a while and it's starting to feel laggy, is there a way to clear cache partition. Shutting it off and doing the volume and power button doesn't show it, is there even a way for this phone??

buraksahnnc

Feb 10, 2022
Hello how can i restore my phone back to nos 1.1.8 my phone is global i want to back from custom rom to nos 1.1.8 thanks

maranox

Feb 3, 2023
I have problems with the microphone and the update should help, but when I try to install hotfix beta 2, I get an error 20, I can’t solve the problem at all

Der_kostya

Feb 17, 2023
Hello everybody! I need help! my phone does not have the function of recording telephone conversations. How can you forcefully enable this function? firmware version 1.1.8 8/256

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks, just a quick question to verify my research so far:

Is there a usable recovery for the NP1 out there, that allows easy pushing/pulling of full backups (like TWRP for literally any other device)?

For me it looks like the manufacturer did set up the phone in a way that nobody really has an easy option/access for that task. I'd like to upgrade to A13 but I would really prefer to have a solid method of just pulling an image of the current state of my phone.

So is my general impression correct, that we don't really have a usable recovery system for NP1?

Hi,

After updating to Android 13 in my Nothing device, I am facing issues with instagram reels. Reels are not scrolling, I tried clearing cache, user data and uninstalling and re installing the app. But this is not solved.
    Hi Everyone,
    I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
    Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
    Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

PLEASE SEARCH AND READ BEFORE TO POST EVERYWHERE, FOR A BETTER HELP. THANKS (y)
    I was thinking of backing up my IMEI numbers when I get my device, to prevent this from happening. I'm hoping the Qualcomm Product Support Tool works with the phone. @Sib64 Do you suggest any other methods to back up the IMEI?
    Having no clear and definite visibility on this kind of problem and despite the various messages left on the Nothing Discord or the forum, there is no feedback yet.😠
    I wrote the tutorial that allows to use Qualcomm's tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) but I'm not sure if it works for the Phone(1), even if the processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon.
    So when in doubt, I prefer not to post it.

But this afternoon I will post a tutorial on how to use Sideload.;)
    Hi, i noticed a weird bug with night shift mode on the nothing phone1, no matter how you'll set up your night shift mode it will always turn it on BUT it'll never turn it off again, at least for me now.

Hopefully it'll get fixed within the next update
    @hemanth.k , @Holospark
    I've sent your request to Nothing Discord
    You mean Discord or Nothing Community?
    Yes, or a another way