Question [HELP THREAD][Nothing Phone (1)] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

aBsolute_Blue

Aug 5, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
Hi Everyone,
I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

PLEASE SEARCH AND READ BEFORE TO POST EVERYWHERE, FOR A BETTER HELP. THANKS (y)
i know it sounds stupid, whats the default dpi?
i played around in developer settings, and changed it, but i forgot to remember the initial value. i know it was in the 400-ish range if i recal correctly

layz1319

Jul 25, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
i know it sounds stupid, whats the default dpi?
i played around in developer settings, and changed it, but i forgot to remember the initial value. i know it was in the 400-ish range if i recal correctly
Screenshot_20220806-010218.png

Reactions: aBsolute_Blue

corpsus

Apr 18, 2014
Does anyone know of a way to get the default Android file manager (Files) to show up in the application drawer? Currently only Files by Google is shown, and it kind of sucks as it does not handle online storage. I would rather not install another third party file manager, as the default one would suffice for me. I am open to suggestions though.

Martin Wan_224

Apr 9, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
Hi Everyone,
I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

How to recover system or sideload via the recovery if it bricks?

Jul 11, 2022
I have a question regarding the glyph LED lights. I have the 8/256 black variant. When I look at the LEDs from a distance it looks white however when I pull it closer to my face I see yellow spots all along the surface of the diffuser seems like individual LEDs.
I am not not sure if this is a defect or if this is how it is supposed to look like since I remember reading somewhere that Nothing added yellow paste to cut back blue light or something.
Can someone please clarify.
P.S: I am not able to share a photo since I cannot reproduce the effect while taking pics.

layz1319

Jul 25, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
I have a question regarding the glyph LED lights. I have the 8/256 black variant. When I look at the LEDs from a distance it looks white however when I pull it closer to my face I see yellow spots all along the surface of the diffuser seems like individual LEDs.
I am not not sure if this is a defect or if this is how it is supposed to look like since I remember reading somewhere that Nothing added yellow paste to cut back blue light or something.
Can someone please clarify.
P.S: I am not able to share a photo since I cannot reproduce the effect while taking pics.
I also got the black one. It looks a bit green-ish for my glyph

Reactions: #Android4Life#

aBsolute_Blue

Aug 5, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
i almost bricked my phone after i had to restore the imei numbers, i only had fastboot left, now im able to use the recovery menu again, can anyone link me the latest update file if aviable? recovery cant downgrade cause "downgrade not allowed"

aBsolute_Blue

Aug 5, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
okay, i figured it out, im back on the system, but my imei is missing still since opening the test tools in the hidden developer apps, can someone help me to get my imeis back in?

Runningcyclist

Jul 29, 2022
Query: while sharing photos within WhatsApp, intermittently I'm being asked to select the file size via a pop-up from bottom of the screen. Is there a setting that always enables this option?

aBsolute_Blue

Aug 5, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
What version of the Nothing OS were you on?

See if you can fix it by following the guide on this post by @Sib64 ..
i was on Nothing OS 1.1.2, went to bed, woke up to a shut down phone, rebooting the phone brought it back to a bricked state. might have to wait for the next update zip since i cant install the current update zip, the phone thinks its a downgrade, and fastboof flash does not work on all .img extracted from the updade file "payload.bin" since the odb.img flashing the Fastboot says this

E:\platform-tools\adb>fastboot flash odm odm.img
< waiting for any device >
Sending 'odm' (1048 KB) OKAY [ 0.026s]
Writing 'odm' FAILED (remote: '(odm_b) No such partition')

is there a problem with how i wrote the flash command?
also flashing System replies partition not found

E:\platform-tools\adb>fastboot flash system system.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (786336 KB) OKAY [ 18.317s]
Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')

Nyssa1104

Jul 9, 2010
Saint Denis
Question does the Nothing Phone 1 have WiFi Direct by default?
If not what alternative app free or paid one can use to get WiFi Direct functionality please?

Also when viewing colours/colors on the screen is the white color white, pinkish, dirty looking?

Thanks in advance

ronak47

Oct 18, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 12
Hope someone can help me. I bought the Nothing Phone 1 from a friend who had unlocked the bootloader and partition. Upon relocking it and the partition the phone would not boot out of fastboot.

Tried manually loading through fastboot but some commands wouldn't work. Usually that can be done through FastbootD however the phone will not boot into fastbootD. Any help would be really really appreciated because I just have a paper weight phone 1 at the moment. 🤦🏽‍♂️

ronak47

Oct 18, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 12
i was on Nothing OS 1.1.2, went to bed, woke up to a shut down phone, rebooting the phone brought it back to a bricked state. might have to wait for the next update zip since i cant install the current update zip, the phone thinks its a downgrade, and fastboof flash does not work on all .img extracted from the updade file "payload.bin" since the odb.img flashing the Fastboot says this

E:\platform-tools\adb>fastboot flash odm odm.img
< waiting for any device >
Sending 'odm' (1048 KB) OKAY [ 0.026s]
Writing 'odm' FAILED (remote: '(odm_b) No such partition')

is there a problem with how i wrote the flash command?
also flashing System replies partition not found

E:\platform-tools\adb>fastboot flash system system.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (786336 KB) OKAY [ 18.317s]
Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
I have the exact same issue and can't boot into fastbootD for the failed commands.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am interest to buy this phone.
    Does this phone has unbrick tool
    (Like Oneplus MSM , Samsung ODIN) ?
    Thank you. :)
    Hi,
    Not yet.
    Hi Everyone,

Hi, i noticed a weird bug with night shift mode on the nothing phone1, no matter how you'll set up your night shift mode it will always turn it on BUT it'll never turn it off again, at least for me now.

Hopefully it'll get fixed within the next update
    I was thinking of backing up my IMEI numbers when I get my device, to prevent this from happening. I'm hoping the Qualcomm Product Support Tool works with the phone. @Sib64 Do you suggest any other methods to back up the IMEI?
    Having no clear and definite visibility on this kind of problem and despite the various messages left on the Nothing Discord or the forum, there is no feedback yet.😠
    I wrote the tutorial that allows to use Qualcomm's tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) but I'm not sure if it works for the Phone(1), even if the processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon.
    So when in doubt, I prefer not to post it.

But this afternoon I will post a tutorial on how to use Sideload.;)

[IMEI CODEs switched to null]

I have gone into engineerigmode and CIT app and i have seen all activity without apply any modified values.
    After i have applaied the new version of NothingOS 1.0.2 i have restarded phone and my imei code have switched to null.

So i have unlocked oem feature in developer menu for performing fastboot flashing method of all partitions in the next future. I have perfomed a factory reset but my phone now is in bootloop bootloader mode. It's in softbrick.

I have send some emails to nothing support.

Anyone have the same/similar problem?​

Thanks for the thread Sib.

So about problem 1, heading over from the other thread, continuing it here,
    Issue is us getting some of our phone's partitions getting corrupted because we accessed engineering mode, cit (but no toggling on/off anything) Phone's on NothingOS1.0.2

Eventually losing IMEI. It showing as "null" now.

Tried contacting Nothing and Flipkart (India's logistics partner). And i'll update here as soon as something's up from either of them. Request other people in the same place to post here on the same
    I'll see if I can find anything on this subject elsewhere ;)

[IMEI CODEs switched to null]

I have gone into engineerigmode and CIT app and i have seen all activity without apply any modified values.
    After i have applaied the new version of NothingOS 1.0.2 i have restarded phone and my imei code have switched to null.

So i have unlocked oem feature in developer menu for performing fastboot flashing method of all partitions in the next future. I have perfomed a factory reset but my phone now is in bootloop bootloader mode. It's in softbrick.

I have send some emails to nothing support.

Anyone have the same/similar problem?​
    This Is my Twitter post about this issue. Share please for getting a technical answer.