Question [HELP THREAD][Nothing Phone (1)] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

aBsolute_Blue

Aug 5, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
I have the exact same issue and can't boot into fastbootD for the failed commands.
what works for me is booting into boot loader, and type Fastboot reboot fastboot, after it booted into bootloader again i can use fastboot reboot recovery to get into fastbootd, i dont know why it doesnt work the first time for me after a reboot, but thats the only way i managed to get into fastbootd, just waiting for a update.zip to reflash my phone

momo404

Aug 16, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and the Nothing Phone 1.
Does anyone know if there are No quick menu toggles of the
camera / mic access ?
If there any ways to get them back?

Nothing OS 1.1.2

sorry for my bad English.

thanks.

Last edited:

babastutz

Dec 27, 2010
Hello, hope everyone is fine 😁
I just received my Nothing Phone (1) yesterday. I come from a Sony XZ1 Compact, so it's quite a change 😅
I don't have any issue for now. Just a question.

I installed F-Droid from the official website and then, aurora store from F-droid. I installed all my apps, restore backups etc. I try to don't use the google products and to block them if possible.
When updating apps, I noticed a strange app in aurora store updates (2 images, but the same app) :
Screenshot_20220819-100551~01.png

Screenshot_20220819-100806~01.png

I can see it through aurora store but it isn't listed on the Google Play Store.

What is it ? Is it "vital" for the device ? Can I uninstall it somehow ?

Thank you !!

corpsus

Apr 18, 2014
Anyone else having issues with the Glyphs setting turning off by itself? I started noticing it some time back every few days when I was going to demonstrate the feature to someone (I very rarely receive calls :) ), and the Quick setting was turned off. Now it seems it's getting turned off just a few hours after I manually turn it on again. Running EU version Nothing OS 1.1.2 currently.

TempestDK

Feb 17, 2010
Probably obvious questions, but it has been a "million" years since I played around with customROMs.

I have unlocked the bootloader, but not rooted the phone. Do I need root to install future customROMs?

If I choose to root later will it reset my phone, like unlocking does?

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Probably obvious questions, but it has been a "million" years since I played around with customROMs.

I have unlocked the bootloader, but not rooted the phone. Do I need root to install future customROMs?

If I choose to root later will it reset my phone, like unlocking does?
No, root isn't required to flash ROMs and no, root will not wipe any data. However, as this is a lower level system manipulation, potential failures during this process could result in data loss so taking backups before rooting (or other system intrusive action) is always advised.

Reactions: Sib64 and TempestDK

drawix

Jun 11, 2016
Lublin
I have the exact same issue and can't boot into fastbootD for the failed commands.
you guys need to boot to fastbootd, make sure you use NEWEST platform-tools, I couldn't boot to fastbootD because I didn't realize I had some old adb/fastboot that had troubles with that.
Then I ran 'fastboot create-logical-partition system 0', and run a script - https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/flash-current-slot-txt.5691801/ in images folder that can be easily created by this script

Momoske

May 29, 2019
Thinking about getting the phone, but as I like to tinker with my devices quite a bit, I wanted to ask a safety question:
Is it possible to factory reset the NP1 from a bootlooped state or even EDL mode (if that exists, similar to OnePlus' MSM tool maybe)?

Thanks!

amitaffright

Jul 6, 2014
Hey anybody know how to turn on the breathing led notification like we normally get on other android phones cause if i miss a call or anything i can see the details on my lock screen but no breathing led notification for the same!

hi, i have a rooted nothing phone (1) on 1.1.3 global version.
i was wondering if there's a way to remap the double click on side button action through a magisk module or termux? i'd like to use it to open gcam instead. long press instead works too.
i downloaded the gcam apk from here, it's the mgc_8.4.600_a10_v13 snap version.
i hope this question wasn't asked before, i looked around and didn't find any, i actually opened a user for this.
thank you in advance! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am interest to buy this phone.
    Does this phone has unbrick tool
    (Like Oneplus MSM , Samsung ODIN) ?
    Thank you. :)
    Hi,
    Not yet.
    Hi Everyone,
    I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
    Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
    Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

PLEASE SEARCH AND READ BEFORE TO POST EVERYWHERE, FOR A BETTER HELP. THANKS (y)
    Hi, i noticed a weird bug with night shift mode on the nothing phone1, no matter how you'll set up your night shift mode it will always turn it on BUT it'll never turn it off again, at least for me now.

Hopefully it'll get fixed within the next update
    I was thinking of backing up my IMEI numbers when I get my device, to prevent this from happening. I'm hoping the Qualcomm Product Support Tool works with the phone. @Sib64 Do you suggest any other methods to back up the IMEI?
    Having no clear and definite visibility on this kind of problem and despite the various messages left on the Nothing Discord or the forum, there is no feedback yet.😠
    I wrote the tutorial that allows to use Qualcomm's tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) but I'm not sure if it works for the Phone(1), even if the processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon.
    So when in doubt, I prefer not to post it.

But this afternoon I will post a tutorial on how to use Sideload.;)

[IMEI CODEs switched to null]

I have gone into engineerigmode and CIT app and i have seen all activity without apply any modified values.
    After i have applaied the new version of NothingOS 1.0.2 i have restarded phone and my imei code have switched to null.

So i have unlocked oem feature in developer menu for performing fastboot flashing method of all partitions in the next future. I have perfomed a factory reset but my phone now is in bootloop bootloader mode. It's in softbrick.

I have send some emails to nothing support.

Anyone have the same/similar problem?​

Thanks for the thread Sib.

So about problem 1, heading over from the other thread, continuing it here,
    Issue is us getting some of our phone's partitions getting corrupted because we accessed engineering mode, cit (but no toggling on/off anything) Phone's on NothingOS1.0.2

Eventually losing IMEI. It showing as "null" now.

Tried contacting Nothing and Flipkart (India's logistics partner). And i'll update here as soon as something's up from either of them. Request other people in the same place to post here on the same
    I'll see if I can find anything on this subject elsewhere ;)

[IMEI CODEs switched to null]

I have gone into engineerigmode and CIT app and i have seen all activity without apply any modified values.
    After i have applaied the new version of NothingOS 1.0.2 i have restarded phone and my imei code have switched to null.

So i have unlocked oem feature in developer menu for performing fastboot flashing method of all partitions in the next future. I have perfomed a factory reset but my phone now is in bootloop bootloader mode. It's in softbrick.

I have send some emails to nothing support.

Anyone have the same/similar problem?​
    This Is my Twitter post about this issue. Share please for getting a technical answer.