Question [HELP THREAD][Nothing Phone (1)] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

Havoc71

May 16, 2018
Hi, I have a straight forward question.

Can I unlock the bootloader, flash 1.1.3 (on 1.1.4 now) relock the bootloader without root and other stuff and keep the phone stock and without problems with Gpay and Netflix and such?

Thx in advance

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
Alright this is driving me nuts. Updated to 1.1.4 and for some reason I can't get the phone to show up in fastboot / bootloader for root.

Shows up when phones on , once rebooted nothing. Made sure platform tools are up to date. Tried Kill and restart server. revoked and reenabled ADB access.

I even tried switching around Type-C cords thinking it might be that.

Bootloader is unlocked obviously

Attachments

• adb.png
    adb.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 65

ashokram343

May 29, 2013
i bad this weird issue with camera when recording i am facing issue with camera and its flickering its been just 2 day's i received my device

Attachments

• VID_20220930_181000486.mp4
    83.7 MB · Views: 0
我下载了qq但是每次用一两天它就开始闪退再也进不去了 重装还是这样 有什么解决办法吗

Translation: I downloaded QQ, but every time I use it for a day or two, it starts to flash back and can't get in again. Reinstalling is still the same. Is there any solution?
我下载了qq但是每次用这样一个它就开始闪退又进不去了 重装还是有什么解决办法吗
是的有人出现这个情况吗

Edit moderation : Incorrect language - XDA Rule #4 - Sib64 - Moderator
This is the 2nd and last recall for non-compliance with XDA rule #4.
As a "latest" courtesy, I have translated your post in this thread.

Thanks for your comprehension.
Regards

Sib64 - Moderator

Last edited:

Pepousek67

Mar 13, 2012
Karlovy Vary
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
NFC slow-inaccurate!
I'm switching from a OnePlus 7 mobile where NFC worked fine when paying with a card using a wallet and always fast and accurate!
On NOTHING Phone 1, the accuracy and speed is about 70%. I have to concentrate a lot and aim the mobile correctly. I use it often and hope it gets fixed soon.
Other users also have a problem with NFC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NothingTech/comments/y4q3mx

Sluzy

Apr 13, 2020
Nothing Phone 1
Alright this is driving me nuts. Updated to 1.1.4 and for some reason I can't get the phone to show up in fastboot / bootloader for root.

Shows up when phones on , once rebooted nothing. Made sure platform tools are up to date. Tried Kill and restart server. revoked and reenabled ADB access.

Same

Sluzy

Apr 13, 2020
Nothing Phone 1

Is it because of this version?

ashokram343

May 29, 2013
i had nothing phone 1 and using its from past 2 weeks no issues and suddenly yesterday my phone hanged and restarted after 10 sec and then on its had stuck in nothing logo i will post the video kindly some one help me can't enter into recovery mode too so can't reset it, some one help me with this and let me know if you know the reason

Attachments

• VID_20221016_181622~2.mp4
    34.6 MB · Views: 0

thuva06

Nov 18, 2013
Dubai
Hi all i flashed Paranoid android to try it out the rom is smooth and clean
but some banking apps dont work (says"disconnect debugger") and few chargers keep doing a loop of charging and disconnecting.

now i tried rolling back with the github files followed the instructions carefully and kept getting (NO SUCH PARTITION) i searched for a fix and still no luck. only thing i can do now is to flash the PA rom again and it works just fine.

is there any other way to roll back to 1.1.4 (thats the version i was in while flashing PA)

thank you in advance guys

kenn03

Oct 26, 2016
Manila
Nothing Phone 1
anyone experiencing 60hz when playing games even if set to 120hz? this bug has been around since 1.1.4 until 1.1.5, but way back 1.1.3 if you set 120hz on game, it registers perfectly

EvilSega

Oct 28, 2022
ВHello everyone, tell me the firmware post on Topaz an error "press and key shutdown" in fastboot. Who knows how to cure?

Reactions: rackis18

MrUrgit

May 20, 2010
Melbourne
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)

Shouldn't you be using 'fastboot devices' when in the bootloader?

Reactions: Skimpy007

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
How about this one? Trying to update from 1.1.4 to 1.1.4 Hotfix

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221028-182601.png
    Screenshot_20221028-182601.png
    38 KB · Views: 14

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-103834[1].png
    Screenshot_20221030-103834[1].png
    42.3 KB · Views: 13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am considering to buy this phone and I'm wondering about few things.

1. Does the phone screen use noticable PWM? Is it possible to use DC dimming? I am very sensitive to low frequencies used by many manufacturers like Samsung and had to switch to LCD screens in the past.

2. What is "lost" after bootloader unlocking? Some manufacturers screw up camera, others remove DRM almost completely. Does Widevine stay at L1, or is it downgraded to L3?

3. Does TWRP support data decryption?

4. Does the phone support "hotbooting" by command "fastboot boot boot_image.img"? One of my previous phones didn't and rooting with Magisk/TWRP was PITA. :)

Thanks!
    1. No dc dimming as far as i know.
    2. Im have root. DRM Info says: Security Level: L1
    3. No TWRP Recovery atm and i dont think anyone is working on this.
    4. Hotboot is possible.
    You need to display white content for black bars to be easily visible, but it sounds like NP1 is using DC dimming afterall (I found a little conflicting reports on this). 🙂
    Tried again with white content. Flickering bars as you can see.

The Nothing Phone is an awesome device. Hopefully it fits your needs.
    NP1 bars seem better than mine on Mi A3 phone, so hopefully it'll be fine.

Btw. is it possible to swap left and right buttons when using the standard navigation bar? I must have back button on the right side for one handed usage. 🙂
    I checked that for you and its possible(there is an option to switch it in normal settings). :)
    I checked that for you and its possible(there is an option to switch it in normal settings). :)
    Cheers mate, I appreciate the effort! 🙂
    Tried it again. Flashed super.img and used the sh4tteredd tool to flash the rest and it still only boots into fast boot
    You made sure that you chaged the boot slot as last step before booting?
    Hi Everyone,
    I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
    Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
    Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

PLEASE SEARCH AND READ BEFORE TO POST EVERYWHERE, FOR A BETTER HELP. THANKS (y)
    Hi, i noticed a weird bug with night shift mode on the nothing phone1, no matter how you'll set up your night shift mode it will always turn it on BUT it'll never turn it off again, at least for me now.

Hopefully it'll get fixed within the next update
    I was thinking of backing up my IMEI numbers when I get my device, to prevent this from happening. I'm hoping the Qualcomm Product Support Tool works with the phone. @Sib64 Do you suggest any other methods to back up the IMEI?
    Having no clear and definite visibility on this kind of problem and despite the various messages left on the Nothing Discord or the forum, there is no feedback yet.😠
    I wrote the tutorial that allows to use Qualcomm's tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) but I'm not sure if it works for the Phone(1), even if the processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon.
    So when in doubt, I prefer not to post it.

But this afternoon I will post a tutorial on how to use Sideload.;)

[IMEI CODEs switched to null]

I have gone into engineerigmode and CIT app and i have seen all activity without apply any modified values.
    After i have applaied the new version of NothingOS 1.0.2 i have restarded phone and my imei code have switched to null.

So i have unlocked oem feature in developer menu for performing fastboot flashing method of all partitions in the next future. I have perfomed a factory reset but my phone now is in bootloop bootloader mode. It's in softbrick.

I have send some emails to nothing support.

Anyone have the same/similar problem?​

Thanks for the thread Sib.

So about problem 1, heading over from the other thread, continuing it here,
    Issue is us getting some of our phone's partitions getting corrupted because we accessed engineering mode, cit (but no toggling on/off anything) Phone's on NothingOS1.0.2

Eventually losing IMEI. It showing as "null" now.

Tried contacting Nothing and Flipkart (India's logistics partner). And i'll update here as soon as something's up from either of them. Request other people in the same place to post here on the same
    I'll see if I can find anything on this subject elsewhere ;)

[IMEI CODEs switched to null]

I have gone into engineerigmode and CIT app and i have seen all activity without apply any modified values.
    After i have applaied the new version of NothingOS 1.0.2 i have restarded phone and my imei code have switched to null.

So i have unlocked oem feature in developer menu for performing fastboot flashing method of all partitions in the next future. I have perfomed a factory reset but my phone now is in bootloop bootloader mode. It's in softbrick.

I have send some emails to nothing support.

Anyone have the same/similar problem?​
    This Is my Twitter post about this issue. Share please for getting a technical answer.