Question [HELP THREAD][Nothing Phone (1)] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
What is s&g?

The Error tells me that you try to use eea Update in global or vise versa. Are you sure you have the right Files?
Means tried for "****s and Giggles"

But yeah all those 1.1.6 downloads all look for EEA, to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-105235[1].png
    Screenshot_20221030-105235[1].png
    54 KB · Views: 26

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
What is s&g?

The Error tells me that you try to use eea Update in global or vise versa. Are you sure you have the right Files?
Just tried to sideload Full 1.1.4 full zip, says Older version.

So tried sideload OTA 1.1.5 & 1.1.6 it aborts with Install from ADB completed with status 1.

E: Package is for source build 116771117 but expected 1666412468

and

E: Package is for source build 1665224106 but expected 1666412468

AndroVi

Oct 3, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
Hello!

I need help :(

I tried to install RiceDroid.

I did everything exactly according to the points.

Unlock your bootloader,
Flash boot and vendor boot of rice droid HERE
factory reset the device
adb sideload riceDroid-7.5-OFFICIAL-PIXEL-Spacewarrom.zip

Now i have a bootloop.

In the upper left corner i have «Press any key to shutdown» and I can't log in to bootloader or recovery mode.
When i try to hold down the key combination, the phone turns off and reboot.

ADB tools now does not see the phone and I can not do anything.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I tried to find a solution on the Internet, but I only came across a video on YouTube with a similar problem on xiaomi phones, but there is something else because the PC sees the phone and the phone turns on bootloader mode.
My PC does not see the phone, and the phone itself cannot switch to any of the modes.

Only ON, inscription "Press any key to shutdown" and turn off when you press any key.
If you hold the key combination when turned on (- sound and power button), then it turns on only for a split second and immediately reboot.

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just tried to sideload Full 1.1.4 full zip, says Older version.

So tried sideload OTA 1.1.5 & 1.1.6 it aborts with Install from ADB completed with status 1.

E: Package is for source build 116771117 but expected 1666412468

and

E: Package is for source build 1665224106 but expected 1666412468
IDK whats wrong tbh. I can only think that you try to use EEA files for global. But im sure you dont.

I would try the unbrick tutorial (but you loose your data)

Or try this?

Cra2yCh1cken

Oct 31, 2022
[HELP]

I flashed Paranoid Android ROM onto my Nothing Phone 1 but I want to switch back to the original ROM (NOTHING OS).

I'm unable to (and don't have the required knowledge to) flash the original ROM.
I'm not liking the Paranoid OS as I've encountered mutiple glitches and bugs which makes the user experience bad.

When I flashed Paranoid OS, my phone had NOTHING OS 1.1.6.

My friend tried to flash NOTHING OS ROM on my phone but the flashing failed (he told me that the version of NOTHING OS that we are trying to flash is the previous version and the phone thinks that we are downgrading the OS hence the flashing is failing)

Is there a way to get back to the original ROM??

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
[HELP]

I flashed Paranoid Android ROM onto my Nothing Phone 1 but I want to switch back to the original ROM (NOTHING OS).

I'm unable to (and don't have the required knowledge to) flash the original ROM.
I'm not liking the Paranoid OS as I've encountered mutiple glitches and bugs which makes the user experience bad.

When I flashed Paranoid OS, my phone had NOTHING OS 1.1.6.

My friend tried to flash NOTHING OS ROM on my phone but the flashing failed (he told me that the version of NOTHING OS that we are trying to flash is the previous version and the phone thinks that we are downgrading the OS hence the flashing is failing)

Is there a way to get back to the original ROM??
Follow unbrick Tutorial.

rackis18

Jun 6, 2013
Hello!

I need help :(

I tried to install RiceDroid.

I did everything exactly according to the points.

Now i have a bootloop.

In the upper left corner i have «Press any key to shutdown» and I can't log in to bootloader or recovery mode.
When i try to hold down the key combination, the phone turns off and reboot.

ADB tools now does not see the phone and I can not do anything.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I tried to find a solution on the Internet, but I only came across a video on YouTube with a similar problem on xiaomi phones, but there is something else because the PC sees the phone and the phone turns on bootloader mode.
My PC does not see the phone, and the phone itself cannot switch to any of the modes.

Only ON, inscription "Press any key to shutdown" and turn off when you press any key.
If you hold the key combination when turned on (- sound and power button), then it turns on only for a split second and immediately reboot.
Any soliution for this how to fix?

Hey everyone,

Following my post of 10 Oct 2022, I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't get anyone to take over my threads.
Hello everyone,
To all members who own the Nothing Phone (1).
I am looking for someone to take over my threads.
Indeed, I was thinking of buying the Phone(1) and that's why I wrote all its threads.
Since I don't own this smartphone, I can't see myself maintaining it and continuing to answer technical questions that I can't answer now.
In case nobody would like to continue the follow-up of my threads, they would be left to the abandonment.
This is why I would like one or more members to offer to continue the maintenance.
For this:
  • The member(s) must be active on the threads,
  • Have a minimum of knowledge about Android 12, or even 13.
  • You need to be available and regular. Not necessarily every day, but at least once a week, ideally 2 to 3 times a week.
You can contact me by PM only.

[Phone(1)][ROM][OTA][Nothing OS] Repo of Nothing OS - Update: 30-09-2022
FILES FOR NOTHING OS - (stock-boot, etc. )
FILES FOR NOTHING OS - (stock-boot, etc. )UPDATE 23/08/2022
[GUIDE][HowTo] Unlock and root Phone(1) - Update: 04/08/2022
Unbricking Nothing phone 1: Flash Stock Firmware with Fastboot
KERNEL FOR PHONE(1) - 17-07-2022
Extract Payload.bin via Payload Dumper Go
GUIDE][HowTo]Pushing an OTA.zip Update with ADB Sideload - Updated 26-07-2022
Installation via recovery mode

Have a good time to xda.
Sib64

And so as I announced, as of today, I will no longer be doing any maintenance on all of my threads concerning the Nothing Phone(1).
I wish you all a good continuation under the colours of Nothing.
Sib64 - Moderator

Reactions: kriistofor
Hey everyone,

Following my post of 10 Oct 2022, I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't get anyone to take over my threads.
Hello everyone,
To all members who own the Nothing Phone (1).
I am looking for someone to take over my threads.
Indeed, I was thinking of buying the Phone(1) and that's why I wrote all its threads.
Since I don't own this smartphone, I can't see myself maintaining it and continuing to answer technical questions that I can't answer now.
In case nobody would like to continue the follow-up of my threads, they would be left to the abandonment.
This is why I would like one or more members to offer to continue the maintenance.
For this:

You can contact me by PM only.

[Phone(1)][ROM][OTA][Nothing OS] Repo of Nothing OS - Update: 30-09-2022
FILES FOR NOTHING OS - (stock-boot, etc. )
FILES FOR NOTHING OS - (stock-boot, etc. )UPDATE 23/08/2022
[GUIDE][HowTo] Unlock and root Phone(1) - Update: 04/08/2022
Unbricking Nothing phone 1: Flash Stock Firmware with Fastboot
KERNEL FOR PHONE(1) - 17-07-2022
Extract Payload.bin via Payload Dumper Go
GUIDE][HowTo]Pushing an OTA.zip Update with ADB Sideload - Updated 26-07-2022
Installation via recovery mode

Have a good time to xda.
Sib64

And so as I announced, as of today, I will no longer be doing any maintenance on all of my threads concerning the Nothing Phone(1).
I wish you all a good continuation under the colours of Nothing.
Sib64 - Moderator
respect for the effort sib64, i hope one nothing phone will drop to your pocket soon enough

also, i hope someone will be able to carry the torch along the way

respect for the effort sib64, i hope one nothing phone will drop to your pocket soon enough

also, i hope someone will be able to carry the torch along the way
Nothing from Nothing...
I switched to a Pixel 7 Pro, which I've had for 2 weeks... and I really like my Pixel

Have a good time with your NP 1 ;)

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nothing from Nothing...
I switched to a Pixel 7 Pro, which I've had for 2 weeks... and I really like my Pixel

Have a good time with your NP 1 ;)
I actually was about to pickup some of your threads but tbh. there are huge changes ahead for me in the near future so i could basically maybe handle these threads for only 2 months.

If i understand right you never got a NP1, why is that?

I actually was about to pickup some of your threads but tbh. there are huge changes ahead for me in the near future so i could basically maybe handle these threads for only 2 months.

If i understand right you never got a NP1, why is that?
The NP1 was to be the replacement for my OP7T, it was planned, I had pre-ordered this one on July 12.
The NP1 I wanted was not available before the end of August.
In the meantime, some relationship problems (I won't say more about it) interfered and made me cancel my pre-order.
I'm still an investor with Nothing.
That's why I can't continue to maintain these threads.

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
Shouldn't you be using 'fastboot devices' when in the bootloader?
Thanks for this btw; it was long day and was annoyed, I was having a brainfart. lol worked fine.

What is s&g?

They were the right files for some reason just wouldn't update. I even got the OTA update notification, and tried twice that way to update and failed. But for some reason today tried again the 1.1.6 Global Full Zip on XDA and it weirdly worked no problem.

Same error trying to update from 1.1.4 Hotfix to 1.1.6 EEA

Idk why but the global from here worked perfect all of a sudden.....? I used the Full Package not the incremental.

NatsuDraganeel

Nov 7, 2022
I have an issue with my nothing phone 1, where my wireless realme buds air 2 works fine in all the apps but when it comes to taking calls the phone always revers to using the speaker even when the buds are connected, it doesn't even give you the option to change source of audio.
Is this an issue that only I'am facing?
Can someone who's familiar with this issue help me

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
لدي مشكلة مع هاتفي oneplus 7t HD1900
عندما كان الهاتف يعمل بإصدار Android 10 ، كان مستوى صوت إشعارات البرامج الاجتماعية مثل WhatsApp و Messenger Face.
حتى نغمة الرنين وصوت توصيل الشاحن بصوت عال وواضح ولكن بعد Android 11 وأيضًا Android 12 أصبح الصوت مختلفًا أصبح منخفضًا
لدي صديق يمتلك نفس الهاتف ولكني لاحظت أن لديه أمر مختلف وصوت الإخطارات للبرامج التي ستستمر في ذكرها في بداية الموضوع بصوت عال وواضح هل هو
This means that I have an Oshi program that affects the sound level knowing that if you go back to Android 10 the sound becomes very clear and loud is there a solution to this problem
I dont think you are right here. Ther is no Android10 for ne Nothing Phone 1.

nunoqsm

Aug 24, 2016
Lisbon
www.nunoqsm.com
Hi Guys,

Nothing phone user from day one here, i'm enjoying the phone, however i find it REALLY anoying that it changed the standard notification sounds of most apps (whatsapp, skype, email, etc...) to the default nothing phone notification sound, which I simply dont like.
Is there any way to disable this change automaticly?
Or do I need to find on the net and manually upload a .mp3 with the standard notification sound and change it in the settings?
Thanks for your help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know how to get out of this state?

View attachment 5814319
    ~~It honestly looks like a hardware failure panic screen... Unsure if you can do anything with it without dev software.~~

Edit: I stand corrected, this is ramdump mode. It may signify a hardware problem, it may signify you held a weird button combination when turning the phone on. Try restarting it by holding power.
    Does anyone know how to get out of this state?
    View attachment 5814319
    Found myself here too once when taking the phone out of my pocket. Don't know at all what happened. I just held the power button until the device restarted and it was fine.
    MEDIA application consuming huge disk space.
    Unable to clear it. attached screenshot.
    Anyone having same problem?
    Have you tried a 3rd party app like SD Maid ?
    Hi Everyone,
    I have created this thread which will allow to gather, but also to help by bringing answers to the various problems which can meet the owners of the Phone(1).
    Unfortunately some of these problems cannot be solved here, in which case you will have to contact Nothing Support and explain your problem clearly.
    Otherwise, if your problem can be solved here, feel free to post it here and xda members may be able to provide a solution for you and others.

PLEASE SEARCH AND READ BEFORE TO POST EVERYWHERE, FOR A BETTER HELP. THANKS (y)
    I was thinking of backing up my IMEI numbers when I get my device, to prevent this from happening. I'm hoping the Qualcomm Product Support Tool works with the phone. @Sib64 Do you suggest any other methods to back up the IMEI?
    Having no clear and definite visibility on this kind of problem and despite the various messages left on the Nothing Discord or the forum, there is no feedback yet.😠
    I wrote the tutorial that allows to use Qualcomm's tool (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) but I'm not sure if it works for the Phone(1), even if the processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon.
    So when in doubt, I prefer not to post it.

But this afternoon I will post a tutorial on how to use Sideload.;)
    Hi, i noticed a weird bug with night shift mode on the nothing phone1, no matter how you'll set up your night shift mode it will always turn it on BUT it'll never turn it off again, at least for me now.

Hopefully it'll get fixed within the next update
    @hemanth.k , @Holospark
    I've sent your request to Nothing Discord
    You mean Discord or Nothing Community?
    Yes, or a another way