[Help Thread][Oneplus 7] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

mdramiz

Jul 21, 2020
in my oneplus 7 partorit mode why not focusing object Not giving blur in image

Help me how i will handel my camera of oneplus 7 my portrait mode is not working properly

PranayHotkar

Sep 5, 2014
Hi
I have flashed custom rom couple of times on my OP7 and when I tried to go back to stock oxygen OS, I ended up in Qualcomm crashdump mode both the times. The second time I flashed the fastboot ROM, but the result was same.
Now it might sound like a noob question but can you give me a detailed guide on how to safely revert back to stock oxygen OS from any custom ROM.
Thanks in advance.

johnny_chimpo

Apr 14, 2009
Need Guidance comming from verizen

I am currently on Verizon. I am in need of a new phone but most on verizon have a locked boot loader and it is tideos to root and mod.

it s my understanding the one plus 7 is modern and has an unlocked bootloader so you can load custom roms. im not looking for anything in particular just soem basic stuff now can this phone do the following
1.work on verizon network CDMS
2.be rooted to enable hotspot without needing to pay for a subscription
3.be debloated and bock adds.
4.have finger print login work and have banking apps work even after rooting

if this phone fits the bill what model works on verizon?

THanks in advance.

pycxe-01

Feb 22, 2011
Oulu
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 8T
1.work on verizon network CDMS
2.be rooted to enable hotspot without needing to pay for a subscription
3.be debloated and bock adds.
4.have finger print login work and have banking apps work even after rooting

1-4. Yes, to all those questions! Your prayers are with: ADB fastboot + flash TWRP recovery + Magisk (use Magisk Hide for banking apps) + AdAway/AdGuard for ad blocking. Good luck mate & may the force be with you! ?

P.S.- Read all the necessary guides here on XDA-Developers Forum, use search function & you would find all the information that you will need!

Last edited:

johnny_chimpo

Apr 14, 2009
1-4. Yes, to all those questions! Your prayers are with: ADB fastboot + flash TWRP recovery + Magisk (use Magisk Hide for banking apps) + AdAway/AdGuard for ad blocking. Good luck mate & may the force be with you!

P.S.- Read all the necessary guides here on XDA-Developers Forum, use search function & you would find all the information that you will need!

Thanks so what model of the one plus should I get ??

Linez

Jan 17, 2013
Pasuruan
Hi guys, I just bought OP7 and I have some questions.

Personally I'm not a noob to the phone customization scene as I've been using custom roms for close to two years now, but I'm an absolute noob on OnePlus and the whole A/B stuff. I really need to clear some of my doubts before I go forward coz I don't want to destroy my phone. xD

Okay, here we go.

1. About the A/B partitions, I read somewhere that when we update the stock rom, it will fill one partition, and the next update will fill the other.
a. Is this true?
b. How do we know if either slot has the newer update version?
c. Is it possible to make both slots share the same version of stock rom?

2. About flashing custom recovery, root, and custom roms.
a. I read that it's an absolutely must to root the phone after flashing custom recovery or else the phone wont boot. Is this true?
b. I personally don't need root. Do I still have to flash magisk whenever I flash custom roms?
c. Can we actually flash rom+gapps without actually flashing a custom recovery (Like: boot recovery, format data, flash rom, reboot to fastboot, boot recovery again, flash gapps, format data, reboot system)?

Thank you advance!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2013
OnePlus 7
Hello everyone, I would like to know if there is a way to disable oxygen OS system update notification, I rolled back to 10.3.3 and I want to stay on it because the newer ones changed a few things that I don't like and they also have some annoying bugs.

tbonezx11

Dec 10, 2006
hi. my wife's phone OnePlus7 (universal version unlocked- not carrier version, but on T-Mobile) just got an update (os 10.3.7.GM57AA) ... and has been "acting crazy".... rebooting loop on it's own, face recognition not working.. some gestures not working, some apps not loading correctly, etc.

Took to T-Mobile they put in a new sim card... didn't do anything...

two questions:

1) anyone else having issues?

2) suggestions/how can I revert back to previous version? (and where would I find it?)

Hazem ismael

Oct 24, 2018
Hi,
If I am on OOS 11 stable and i bricked my device (qualcomm crash dumb mode) could I use MSM tool for oos 10.3.8 ?
solved

no problem with rolling back with msm tool

Last edited:

saurabh_op7

Apr 6, 2021
Hey,

I am new to using Root for my ends. Adaway was my motivation and that's been working.
I am wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to how I can work around certain banking apps that are not working because they detect "root".

Will be happy to provide more info.
I am on Android 10(Oxygen OS 10.3.8.GM57AA), Oneplus 7(GM1901) using latest Magiskhide(22.0).

Regards.

bbgarnett

May 28, 2013
Hello, I have a Oneplus 7 running 10.3.8.GM57AA Rooted with TWRP and Magisk. Anyways I tried looking but haven't seen anything. So is it possible to update to Android/OOS 11 without loosing root and or bricking the phone. I thought I read that it was being recommended to not update/grade yet as Android 11 is different and it wasn't possible to have root yet. So just wondering if I am missing something

Thanks,

saurabh_op7

Apr 6, 2021
Hey Guys, I am in SERIOUS trouble here.
I have recently gotten onto the root bandwagon, and I was reading up on Android 11 update, I did that and lost my Magisk privileges(adaway, other stuff stopped working). I thus had to re-flash Magisk and TWRP, and it worked.

After this, I installed Magisk update(I think), and it kept on not working. I did the install to inactive slot and rebooted, but this time I didn't do the TWRP retention script thing.

Anyhow, my device is flashing the blue-up-and-down arrow. The Fastboot(device unlocked warning) page loads, and I am stuck.

My Mac terminal is giving some prompt next to the adb/fastboot commands.

I need help in restoring my phone.

I am really sorry if this sounds like gibberish and will greatly appreciate patience.

WaschBaer__

Apr 30, 2021
is there any issues with safety net when installing a custom rom on the one plus 7 (non pro) ? i wanna get a android 11 custom rom, but i also use some banking apps netflix and pogo

Gauravbadass

May 5, 2021
I'm having OnePlus 7 and my bootloader is locked without unlocking it how can I recover from Qualcomm crash dump mode and currently I was in android 10 so can you provide me android 9 msm tool so that I can unbrick it without unlocking bootloader

I'm having OnePlus 7 and my bootloader is locked without unlocking it how can I recover from Qualcomm crash dump mode and currently I was in android 10 so can you provide me android 9 msm tool so that I can unbrick it without unlocking bootloader

Without unlocking bootloader it is difficult
Some threads that might help you - (maybe edl mode+cable+msm tool?)
(Im not sure if it works for you, just read carefully & try )

https://xdaforums.com/t/op7-oos-10-...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.3954325/

https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-op7-to...ck-twrp-factory-image-stock-recovery.3930861/

https://www.droidwin.com/unbrick-oneplus-7t/
https://www.droidwin.com/fix-oneplus-bootloop-issue-locked-bootloader/

You can see in OP here > Specific Threads and Guides for Oneplus 7 for various threads that may help you ..
or you can use "xda search" for more help..

Last edited:

tbiwalkar

Mar 4, 2014
Kalyan
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5
After the recent OS 11 update ,the media in my device ( photos and videos) not being shown properly in Whatsapp. Some of the videos and pictures which I've already deleted in the gallery are appearing again only in whatsapp in unsupported file format.

I'll be glad if someone confirms that it's a bug in OOS 11.0.2 and that my phone is not the only one which is affected.

I'm using WhatsApp and Parallel Whatsapp. Also have setup a Work/Office profile on my phone.

Does anyone have any solution to this issue?

Thanks and regards!

Top Liked Posts