[Help Thread][Oneplus 7] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

Prinçe çharming ap

Dec 30, 2018
India
OnePlus 7
I was trying to flash Pixel Experience 12 on my oneplus 7 when I faced a weird issue that i never faced before...when i put my phone in fastboot mode..PC recognizes my phone in 'fastboot devices' command..but returns empty when in ' adb devices'..which means it detects the fastboot but not adb..as a result im unable to sideload through adb....
Just use a pendrive to flash anything,if adb is not working .

I have installed roms before and this was not an issue...i just had my SSD replaced and windows reinstalled..I have installed the drivers, disabled driver signing enforcement, installed Qualcomm usb drivers etc.... fastboot recognizes but adb doesn't...quite the opposite of what most people face..also msm tool works..only ADB doesn not...
Also..adb works when the phone is booted..adb doesn't work only in fastboot

If you are using windows11, temporarily disable the w.defender and try again ..

kiritomaxout

Jul 15, 2019
Hello, i have a OnePlus 7 pro and i once unlocked it's bootloader due to that the widevine level fell from L1 to L3, then used msm tool to restore the phone and lock the bootloader but the widevine level is still L3, I tried many msm tools and factory reset but it didn't fix it even oos12.1 update didn't fixed it. I think my device's persist.img has something to do with.

Is there any fix for it ? Or do I go to OnePlus for this issue ?

Prinçe çharming ap

Dec 30, 2018
India
OnePlus 7
Hello, i have a OnePlus 7 pro and i once unlocked it's bootloader due to that the widevine level fell from L1 to L3, then used msm tool to restore the phone and lock the bootloader but the widevine level is still L3, I tried many msm tools and factory reset but it didn't fix it even oos12.1 update didn't fixed it. I think my device's persist.img has something to do with.

Is there any fix for it ? Or do I go to OnePlus for this issue ?
This problem only exists in Android 10 when you update your device via ota to oxygen os 11 you will get your widevine level L1 by itself and it also L1 for Oxygen Os 12.1
It may not show to your device because you must have messed up some partition when tried to flash custom roms or anything else

It works for me try it

Right now i m on Android 10 and i am on L3

Cubius

Nov 9, 2022
Hello, in the process of getting some repairs done on my phone I had to reset it to factory settings, erasing all my data. As I hadn't rooted it or unlocked the bootloader I was a little limited on recovery options and ended up making 2 adb backups using this guide.

Now I cannot seem to restore the backups - that's what I get for using severely out of date methods I suppose, I've used this opportunity to install twrp for future backup and recovery - using the adb restore <backup> command. It simply proceeds as expected for 5-10 minutes, before wrapping up and displaying a "Restoration Ended" message without anything having actually been restored.

I simply lack the knowledge to even diagnose what's going wrong.

If there's no way to properly restore the backup I'd hope to at least be able to manually extract and copy over my regular data (pictures, files, etc.). I've attempted to extracted the files from one of my backups using this, but cannot seem to find any regular files, just apps and their data. There's just a fraction of the ~10GB backup to be found in the .tar archive using 7zip, WinRar spits out an error that the .tar is corrupted. I suspect using Windows is not helping me here.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts