• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Help Thread][Oneplus 7] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
Device. I'm still putting coins in the jar for the OP7 and gathering info as much as I can.
Reviews, reviews everywhere ...
But really the daily experience I couldn't find too much - example: how's the behavior of the proximity sensor when you talk. Or how's the same sensor behavior when the phone is in the jeans / cargo pants.
Many thanks!
Well its your lucky day. As I don't hold back with my views. I'll keep you posted. No fake reviews here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
Confused about build numbers and firmwares question.

So I currently flashed GM57BA onto my gm1900 that had gm57aa on it originally. Will this stick or will it revert back to AA at some point like an ota update or Android 10 update. ? cheers

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
Confused about build numbers and firmwares question.

So I currently flashed GM57BA onto my gm1900 that had gm57aa on it originally. Will this stick or will it revert back to AA at some point like an ota update or Android 10 update. ? cheers

Sorry forgot to attach pic. Screenshot_20190903-123305.jpg

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
It's like dirty flashing, don't think they'll wipe data/storage. But in any case: BACKUPS!
Yep , backup for sure. I used OnePlus switch then copied over the backup to PC then back on the device again to restore. Originally had issues with it not backing up and restoring my blocked call list. However , I found that Google backs this up which is nice. Meaning that I don't have to start my blocked/ spam telephone list all over again.

damehacks

Jun 16, 2017
Hello, i have just bought an One Plus 7, first android in my life, i have been using iphones since the first one in 2008...

I have been looking the forum, can someone recomend me the first steps with an Android device? Guides to read, information about why root a device, etc...

Thanks!

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
Hello, i have just bought an One Plus 7, first android in my life, i have been using iphones since the first one in 2008...

I have been looking the forum, can someone recomend me the first steps with an Android device? Guides to read, information about why root a device, etc...

Thanks!
Hello and welcome to the awesome world of Android :highfive:

Why you should root a device is simple: If you have an app or function that needs super user/admin rights to function.

If not, there's no need to root in general as it can break some functions of banking apps for example(even if you hide root from those apps).

If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask :) This thread intended for new members of Oneplus 7.

Nobody07

Sep 7, 2010
Not sure what do you try there. Its much easier and safe to factory reset the whole phone and try to update it. Maybe you should also use MSMTool to go stock if nothing works.
Trust me it's a lot faster to backup your data and reset your phone before trying to copy slots.:good:

Hello,
I'm finally back home and able to perform what's needed on my phone.

Should I factory reset simply by using the reset functions in the parameters?

wolfsbane169

Apr 7, 2018
Hello guys. I made a post about this with no luck as of yet so i'm trying here as well. So basically i tried restoring a backup in twrp and it seemed to restore properly without errors . When i pressed reboot in the end the phone went to the fastboot mode screen and has since been there. All i can do is turn it off and regardless of what i pick, (START, Restart Bootloader, Recovery mode) it just starts into fastboot mode. I have tried flashing twrp again and it does not work. I can give further details of the 2 different ways i tried reflashing TWRP if it helps

UPDATE - I have fixed the problem. Simply flashing the latest stock ROM has done the trick although i have lost root, twrp and all of my data unfortunately.

Last edited:

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
Likely something configured differently in magisk between your two roms. You can try wiping cache from fastboot or flashing a stock fastboot rom but I predict a full data wipe will be needed.

Nobody07

Sep 7, 2010
So I finally was able to update my oneplus 7 without issues :)

Now that I have this working in one of the slots, not sure which. Can I install the same config to the other slot? To have both on Androi 10, and have another android 10 slot if something goes wrong on this one for some reason?

Thanks

eddy4823

Jan 25, 2012
India
Google Pixel 4a
Updated the phone via Oxygen Updater app. Facing several bugs and I'm not sure what to do.

1. Status bar not visible on some apps. taking a screenshot surprisingly shows the bar. eg : Chrome, Gmail, Play Store.

2. Notch is visible on lock screen but hidden on unlock. I want it to be hidden always.

3. Font is not set to OnePlus font in notification panel scroll down. Is it the same for everyone ?

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
Updated the phone via Oxygen Updater app. Facing several bugs and I'm not sure what to do.

1. Status bar not visible on some apps. taking a screenshot surprisingly shows the bar. eg : Chrome, Gmail, Play Store.

2. Notch is visible on lock screen but hidden on unlock. I want it to be hidden always.

3. Font is not set to OnePlus font in notification panel scroll down. Is it the same for everyone ?
Please give more details from which version to which version.
If you can do a clean flash, than consider to do this first.

Top Liked Posts