Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
So, my Google Assistant no longer will send text messages. One of the tech ppl told me to uninstall updates and that seemed to work. So is it safe for me to assume it's just a bad update of the Google app? Any workarounds?
Likely just a bad install, if you re-update it should still work,

Sent from my jerry_cheets using XDA Labs

seems to be working now. I did uninstall the updates and reinstall the app maybe even twice. Not sure what was going on.

Yesterday my face and lock stopped working. Cleared the cash on launcher cleared storage on the settings app still didn't fix it but then a restart did. Wouldn't even let me add my face after deleting my old one. Some goofy things with this thing. I know that they are pretty quick to fix things with software updates but just seems goofy.

Shayded

Apr 19, 2015
So I had been running into massive camera lag issues. Basically any app that accessed the camera, including the stock camera app, would sporadically be janky and lock up for seconds at a time.

Sometimes this would lock up and lag other apps

Turned out to be tied to the one UI 2.0 launcher port I was using.

How and why could a launcher affect the phone in this way? Uninstalling it and returning to lawn chair (both using quickswitch) and performance is back to 100%

Rough call quality recently. I'm in a low Verizon signal area with high speed internet. Bought a network extender because my OnePlus 6t and 7pro didn't seem to work on Wi-Fi calling or have 3G bands that matched the 3G network extender I had previously.

Now on my 4XL I have had gargled and inconsistent messaging. This is a Google version on Verizon network. I kind of wondered if Wi-Fi calling was battling for service with my network extender. There are times that I have service way outside of my house where I barely have Wi-Fi via the network extender. there are times it's flawless and then it seems like when I need it for work it seems to be cutting out... I'm fresh off of a factory reset..

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
I purchased Pixel 4 XL and i had default weather on the home screen. Next I installed few updates and weather just gone. I don't see this weather in widget section. Is chance to back this weather? How will i do?

Last edited:

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
Would anyone here please attach your /data/system/packages.xml. I made some mistakes so now I encounter lots of permission issues. Thank you a lot!

Drake Misuke

Feb 24, 2016
Torino
Hello everyone!
Does your sim slot also protrude slightly?
When I gently rub my fingertip on the edge of the phone, I can clearly feel the projection
Can you tell me if it's my problem or is it so with everyone?
I attach photos

Last edited:

DrunkUncas

Aug 14, 2008
Is this phone worth it?

Sorry for the open ended question. That's not my usual thing, but I'm having a real problem wrapping my head around the issues with this phone.

I've been swapping ROMs since before Android existed. I'm on a Verizon Pixel 3, and have never owned a phone with a locked bootloader until now. After a couple of weeks with it, I'm pissed.

The Pixel series has been a disaster. My Pixel 1 was junk. My sister's Pixel 2 was junk. If I drop $500 on a USED Pixel 4, what are the odds that I'm going to be cursing at it this time next year?

Help me out here, guys.

The Google version appears to be easily unlockable, right?

It looks like some are having problems with root, no?

Is there some new verification system I need to be worried about?

Is the beta TWRP mostly functional?

Are any of these ROMs well developed?

Any other issues I've managed to miss? Lousy camera? Overheating chips? Batteries bulging? Cores dying? Codecs breaking?

What else is out there with an unlockable bootloader that runs on Verizon?

Thanks

gustaveff

Jan 19, 2021
Is there anything different about either 5ghz WIFI or video encoding on the Pixel 4XL compared to other Android phones?

I purchased a Chinese DJI Clone drone that uses an app called HFunPro. The drone doesn't have an SD card so video is recorded directly to the phone over a 5ghz WIFI connection.

On the Pixel the video is unusable, full of artefacts, picture blocky and grey. It reminds me of trying to stream videos over 56k dialup

I've tested with a Galaxy S7 that is running Android 8.0 and the video records fine, so it's not a hardware issue on the drone as far as I can determine.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

I am having a weird glare or blurriness to anything that puts off light, with my camera. It just started happening a couple weeks ago, out the blue. Weird thing is, if I use the little 2x deal on the camera app, the glare goes away. I bought this thing new, less than a year ago, so I feel like it should be working fine still. I have taken great care of it, there's not a scratch or blemish on it, it has never been dropped, or even had water plashed on it.

If I can, I will attach some photos for example.
142530842_755721298372628_2182684468942176056_n.jpg
142996110_471664764222892_5708845358626329889_n.jpg

100kaa

Sep 1, 2017
RLP
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi guys,

last night I have noticed that my display flickers, but flickers as ?=!$ :D
this morning it is working without problems. I just wanted to ask is there any way to unroot phone but to keep all data (banking apps active) if the phone must be sent to repair.

thanks people :D

guramrit

Jan 28, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please help me in restoring my pixel 4 xl. I updated it to android 12 beta (if i had known earlier I shouldn't have done this :-( ). I had USB debugging enabled but OEM unlocking was unchecked. Sometime back, i ran out of battery and device got shut down automatically. After restart it kinda got stuck at pattern unlock screen as after pattern unlock it was crashing and kept on asking me to do pattern unlock again. As if some data got corrupted during unexpected shutdown. I tried to run some adb commands, but it was showing up as untrusted because I couldnt trust device as it required device to be unlocked.

So i did what i could, i did factory reset but no luck, because it again kept on asking pattern unlock again and again. Then i thought about reverting back to android 11. But i couldn't do this because USB debugging got disabled after factory reset. And there is no way to enable it without unlocking and going to developer options. I tried to flash using fastboot, but as OEM unlocking is unchecked, i cant do that either. I didnt try fastboot before factory reset and when USB debugging was enabled.

Now the current situation is:
1. Device is on lock screen and cannot be logged in via pattern unlock
2. USB debugging is not checked
3. OEM unlocking is not checked
4. Tried factory reset multiple times but no luck
5. Not getting option to skip wifi connection (i thought it was trying to check backups from cloud to restore)

As far as i know my device is turned into a brick and cannot be recovered. But wanted to check with community, if there is anything still possible which i can do. It's already unscrewed, and i have access to motherboard also. Just wondering if i can unlock it from hardware.

amgbenz

Oct 6, 2021
Hello - I apologize for my noobness. I have a google pixel 4XL and I want to install AOSP with no Gaps. I've been trying to use this guide and haven't been able to boot my device after installing. I'm using lineage 18.1-20210913-UNOFFICIAL-coral and TWRP 3.5.2_10-0. Can someone tell me what the most up to date guide would be to follow?

When it fails, I use the android flasher to go back to a working image.

Top Liked Posts