[HELP-THREAD] The Ask-Doom thread! (Need help? New? Ask here!) -Give help too!-

Search This thread

EmbGuy

Feb 9, 2008
I had used the OneclickrecoveryV0.4.2 to root my first TF101 without any problem.

When I tried to use the same OneclickrecoveryV0.4.2 to root another TF101, the OneclickrecoveryV0.4.2 did not list the ASUS Transformer as a device.

History of what I did:
- This TF101 had HoneyComb installed and cannot get the ICS updated OTA.
- This TF101 is loaded with WW_epad-8.x.x.x. I downloaded WW_epad-9.2.1.27 from ASUS support site and installed ICS manually. All went well.
- When I tried to root this TF101, the ADB driver was installed successfully. I can see the ASUS Transformer driver on the Windows 7 device manager screen when I plugged in this TF101.
- Yes, I enable the USB debugging
- But the OneclickrecoveryV0.4.2 cannot find this TF101 as it did not list it as a device.
- I had uninstall the ADB driver and let OneclickrecoveryV0.4.2 to install the ADB driver again a few times and no go.

I am new to Android ADB. Is there any ADB command that I can run on Windows 7 to test the driver? I like to send a simple command to TF101 and get a answer back to verify the driver is working.

I am struck at this point. Any suggestion for me to try.

Update 1:
This TF101 storage was configured as MTP. The TF device listed when I change the storage to PTP.
After that, EasyRecoveryV0.42 installs the TWRP recovery and superuser.

Last edited:

Zakumy

Jun 18, 2014
Need help, problem with the stupid ROM Manager, again :(

So here's the story, I got a rooted TF101G, and I search on the internet How to flash a ROM so I can upgrade my device to Android 4.1+ Jellybean (I intend to use KatKiss ROM), I accidently used ROM Manager on my TF101G to install CWM, later I aware that it very dumd for Asustransformer line, of course, like any of other member has the same issue, I got "e:can't mount /sdcard/" when trying to install zip from sdcard. :crying:

I just want to remove this CWM Recovery (with dawn ROM Manager) and restore to stock recovery, or AT LEAST replace it to TWRP. I tried using EasyFlasher but for some reason it can't work with TF101G.(When it asks "Is you device in APX Mode?", I click OK and the TF101 APX Driver automatelly eject from device manager, and wheelie can't found the APX device, so then I can't use easyflasher for installing stock rom).
Please help me, I don't know if my device have bircked yet(it still can boot and use android normally) . I also tried to use Goomanager but it can't find the suitable driver for my device.
Please, you are my last hope, (because I haven't use your way), and this time I want to make sure everything go right (dawn you ROM Manager :mad:)

arina_arina

Apr 15, 2012
I managed to root my good old TF101 with 1 click transformer root.
Currently, my tablet is running on an Android 4.0 .version. I consider upgrading to this version a big mistake, because I lost lots of useful functionalities along the way (flash player, more exactly). I tried to read lots of threads on xda, but, still, I haven't found one which can offer me instructions for recovering my tablet to Android HONEYCOMB.
So, in order to recover my rom to Android HONEYCOMB, I am asking you how exactly can I do that, now that I've rooted my tablet and also where exactly can I find the specific Android Honecycomb rom?:(
I actually did find a rom, but the site which hosted that rom had its servers changed .

Hoping that I am not bothering anyone with my silly noob questions, I am waiting for some help from you.
Thank u in advance!

nandong

Jan 1, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Master,
I am using TF101 running ICS 4.0.3. My problem is cant get into stock recovery or any custom recovery.
I can boot into apx but only seeing dead robot. Seeking a solution
Thanks in advance

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Hi Master,
I am using TF101 running ICS 4.0.3. My problem is cant get into stock recovery or any custom recovery.
I can boot into apx but only seeing dead robot. Seeking a solution
Thanks in advance

If you're seeing anything without having nvflashed something, then you're not in apx mode . Sounds like you're in stock recovery.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Dec 19, 2012
Leesburg, VA
Which Launcher?

Hey all;

I have a TF101, which I just flashed KatKiss 4.4.4 (#34)
Also running his kernel.
Am running Trebuchet (latest).
Overclocked 1200 / 1740

It is running fine, I was just wondering if there was a higher-performance launcher?

Thanks
Terry

ipaskavi

Oct 14, 2014
Asus TF101 unbrick via SD card

Hello Folks,

just received a asus TF101 with a looping boot screen, apparently someone messed it up.
The owner lost its cable , and of course it's a asus specific cable, i guess.
Now to revert it back to the original state, can someone please post me a tutorial on doing that corectly via the MicroSD card?

thanks in advance,
vil

Anarchistrockstar

Jul 26, 2012
Usb Connection Problem

Hi guys,
I have a problem with connecting my tf101g to computer via usb cable. It happened right after I rooted it.
I thought it could be related with the usb cable and ordered new one it also didn't work.
Tried to flash new rom, kitkatkiss, but it didn't solve the problem. Also tried changing ptp/mtp settings.

Although I can charge my tablet with those two cables, I cannot provide connection between any pc and my tablet. Neither pcs nor my tablet show any sign of connection.

Could you please help me on this subject?

Last edited:

Scottymorgo

Nov 15, 2014
Thanks for getting me to the right place.

I'm still having oodles of trouble getting off the splash screen. my original post was
http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-as...creen-feel-t2941496/post56838485#post56838485

Just for fun I down loaded the PERI-0.42 One click root+recovery/fix-bootloops+soft-bricks ALL Devices+.27!, It was refreshing to see something new on the the tablet. It would let me run the team rouge, but it did not ever see the tablet, and told me to check ada. anyway would love some more ideas.
thanks again

jortony

May 10, 2013
Okay Mr. Doom, Here's a Tough Problem

Model:
TF101 B70 rooted with CWM, custom kernel, and custom ROM.

Symptoms:
Stuck at Eee Pad ASUS logo screen with no progress indicators
Cannot turn tablet off. I can only reboot by holding down the power button or let its battery run down.
Cannot boot into APX mode. I have tried holding down Vol+, Vol-, and both buttons before, during, and after power button depressed for reboot. I have tried holding them down for 6, 15, 30, and many seconds.
Cannot boot into recovery

Possible causes:
First had trouble with a bad pre-flash wipe script which took me to where I am now

Troubleshooting steps tried:
Attempts at APX mode and recovery using methods above.
Removed bezel to rule out Vol or power button external switch problems
Stock charger died, so I spliced a 12V 1.5A line into the stock USB cable just in case the TF101 needed something higher voltage to function properly
Bought a new cable
Installed Universal Naked Drivers 0.72 into my Windows 8.1 box
Searched XDA, Transformer forums, and with Google across many other domains with very few hits on this symptom.

I have several computers running and any OS one could want for the USB side of the 40pin cable.

search tags: bricked, can't boot into APX, eeepad logo, eee pad logo, asus logo, tf101, transformer tf101, b70

Markos

Nov 4, 2007
Our TF101 is bricked for some unknown reason. It wasn't used and it was connected to its dock (dock with battery problems) and after a while of not being used, when the tablet was charged and booted, we got the following message:

14szi9i.jpg

I tried the EasyFlasher guide (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688012).
I have to download the ASUS WORLDWIDE Firmware, so I did using the link in the OP. The file of this download is named WW_epaduser9_2_1_27UpdateLauncher.zip and contains a file WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27.zip. That last file is used in some youtube videos, so I unpacked the file and putted that zipfile in the right folder. I have the B70 so I tried both methods, SBK1 and SBK2 (I rebooted Windows every time before I tried a new time)

I connected the Tablet (without dock) on two different ways.
1. Put the tablet in APX and then connect the USB cable.
2. Connect the tablet with USB cable and then put it in APX

When the Flash Asus stock zip / Unbrick is finished, I have this message:
EasyFlasher for TF101 - By whitekidney@xda-developers
Using SBK2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashing Asus stock zip
>Extracting files.. please wait..
>Extracting blob archive..
>Blob extracted!
>Blob size 533946.73828125kb
Running Wheelie..
>Tablet is now ready for Nvflash
>Extracting from blob...
>Cleaning up before flashing...
>Checking file sizes
>SOS size 4184kb
>APP size 524288kb
>EBT size 1420.6171875kb
>LNX size 4054kb
Done
But nothing happens on my tablet. If I'm right I should be able to see the following thing happening on my tablet screen: (Picture is taken from google image search)
maxresdefault.jpg

But it doesn't and when I boot the tablet again, I get the encryption screen again.

I tried this method on 2 computer.
First computer:
- Dell L502x i7-2630QM - Windows 8.1 64bit. I used both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
- Universal Naked Driver 0.72 installed with the Driver Signature Enforcement disabled.
But in my Device Manager I still get this notion instead op APX: Uknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
Is this the problem why it doesn't work?

Second computer:
- HP TX2500 - Windows 7 64bit
- Also installed Universal Naked Driver 0.72.
On this computer it doesn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong? Why doesn't it work? What can be the problem?
Thnx for the help!

D

Deleted member 5166011

Our TF101 is bricked for some unknown reason. It wasn't used and it was connected to its dock (dock with battery problems) and after a while of not being used, when the tablet was charged and booted, we got the following message:

I tried the EasyFlasher guide (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688012).
I have to download the ASUS WORLDWIDE Firmware, so I did using the link in the OP. The file of this download is named WW_epaduser9_2_1_27UpdateLauncher.zip and contains a file WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27.zip. That last file is used in some youtube videos, so I unpacked the file and putted that zipfile in the right folder. I have the B70 so I tried both methods, SBK1 and SBK2 (I rebooted Windows every time before I tried a new time)

I connected the Tablet (without dock) on two different ways.
1. Put the tablet in APX and then connect the USB cable.
2. Connect the tablet with USB cable and then put it in APX

When the Flash Asus stock zip / Unbrick is finished, I have this message:

But nothing happens on my tablet. If I'm right I should be able to see the following thing happening on my tablet screen: (Picture is taken from google image search)

But it doesn't and when I boot the tablet again, I get the encryption screen again.

I tried this method on 2 computer.
First computer:
- Dell L502x i7-2630QM - Windows 8.1 64bit. I used both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
- Universal Naked Driver 0.72 installed with the Driver Signature Enforcement disabled.
But in my Device Manager I still get this notion instead op APX: Uknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
Is this the problem why it doesn't work?

Second computer:
- HP TX2500 - Windows 7 64bit
- Also installed Universal Naked Driver 0.72.
On this computer it doesn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong? Why doesn't it work? What can be the problem?
Thnx for the help!

Are you sure you restarted your tab into apx mode in between each time you used easyflasher? If its not showing anything on your tab while its doing stuff, you probably selected the wrong sbk thingy. You have to turn it off and back on into apx before you switch modes otherwise it won't work. And on the one where it says the driver isn't properly installed, its not properly installed.

Eduardo Maspero

Apr 9, 2012
Buenos Aires
New on this Update Rom

Hello.
Im absolutely new on this stuff and have no idea how to rom my asus transforme tf 101

I bought mine on 2012, but sicne the last year is impossible to use the tablet.

It, s all original, TF101 with Android 4.0.3 installed.

I downloaded KitKass 4.4.4 isuue 036 which i read is very stable to this TF101

I also downloades twrp 2.8.1.1.

I am looking some guide, step by step, how to perform this update.

I know how to reset to factory default my Asus, and thats it.

Could someone point me some guide.

Basically I don´t know where to place the files I´d downladed on the asus.

Thanks in advanced

Eduardo

elijahgabriel

May 30, 2020
Stuck on APX mode and error/stuck on pusing Blob.APP

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is okay, I just want to ask if anyone experience it, What i did is i installed twrp using the easyflasher then i put the ROM in SD and use it twrp 2.2.1, I deleted all in instruction, but when i tried to installed the ROM, it will fail. So i try to restart but after then i stuck at APEX, I tried flash asus stick / ubbrink using EZ flash but always got stuck on pushing the Blob.APP.

Thanks

CaputoAntonio

Sep 18, 2021
Hello everyone!
I recently joined even though I have been reading the various forums for a long time.
after a long time I turned on my asus tf101 to which several years ago I installed the 4.4.4 036.
I ask you for help because I would like to go back to 4.0.3 ice but unfortunately I can't find the backup made in his time.
The download sites on the net are no longer active.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!
Antonio.
I apologize for my Italian translated by google ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the general HELP thread I've made.
    The idea was given to me, and the TF doesn't have one, so here it is!
    I'll be checking this often and appreciate if others do too, and try to help with problems people have.
    I notice many of the same questions have been asked constantly, so I want to try and consolidate questions and answers into one searchable thread in Q&A, also to ask in.

DON'T USE ROM MANAGER ON THE TF101, EVER! It causes bootloops!

Go ahead and ask here!

Abuse towards new users isn't tolerated, but neither are very silly questions either.

Please Search before posting though! Seriously, you find lots of answers and cool stuff!

--
    ToD
    Great effort you're doing

What a noble effort and good cause. I'll chime in when I can help out and ask questions when I need to. I know some people find it easier to tell someone who needs help to 'just Google' or 'can't you read' type responses, but that isn't helpful to someone who's gotten a little lost or confused or just doesn't know the right answer yet. There are ways to gently guide new folks to the proper ways to seek out what they need without being rude about it. Good luck with this and keep up the good work.
    First of all congrats and thanks for the great work you are doing!

In a few days I will receive my first ever tablet, TF101-x1 pre-owned with no dock from cowboom. i am IT professional but never owned a tablet. i did some basic reading as to what rooting is and custom rom, falshing etc. spent 2+ hours reading this other ToD's threads. i am sure if i search more and read more i will be able to figure out everything but it may take too long hence the questions:

what is the right sequence for the whole exercise (rooting, install of recovery manager, backup of existing rom, install of custom rom, changing device settings, downloading/installing apps from google play).
    i see references to Guevor Kernel, where does it fit in this whole sequence?
    what is .24 ?
    i see mentions like "Right click Computer", how do you right click on a tablet ? or is this thread only for owners of TF101 with Docking station?
    also will every to connect my tablet to a laptop or desktop for anything like downloading/extracting files ?

also could you please post some links with step by step instructions for (rooting+recovery (PERI ?) install, backup, custom rom ).

finally what do i need to do to make sure that (if things don't work as expected) i can wipe out everything and go back to the factory install ?

thanks in advance.

I'm still a newb in this whole world of flashing and custom ROMs, but I do understand the basics, so I can help you out with most of your questions in this post, and I think it'll be a bit easier for you when I describe this in terms that you can relate to. :)

First of all, as for sequence, you pretty much install a recovery manager at the same time (at least, that's how I've done it on both my TF101 and my Skyrocket.) I personally used this one and then replaced the installed Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM) with Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP,) as I like it more and the touchscreen interface is much handier than the volume rocker and power button controls.

After that, if trying out different ROMs is what you want to do, you run the backup utility in whichever recovery manager you chose to use so you'll always have a fall-back if you soft-brick your Transformer. After you've backed it up, you can then flash custom ROMs using your recovery manager.

As for changing your device settings and downloading apps from Google Play, that all works like normal regardless of what kind of firmware you're running or if you're rooted and can be done at any time.

----

The Guevor kernel is just one of the kernels that have been listed here on XDA for the Transformer. Various developers have developed different kernels that you can flash onto your device using your recovery manager. A kernel in Windows terms is basically your device's drivers. Every device has a kernel and that kernel instructs the firmware how to interface with the hardware.

----

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think .24 is just the shortened number for the stock firmware? (Don't take my word on that :p)
    EDIT: Yep. .24 is short for 9.2.1.24, a previous firmware. I'm not sure what the specific importance of it was, so if you really want to know, I can only suggest searching or asking someone who's been here longer than me. It doesn't matter a whole lot to me personally, as I'm no longer running stock.

----

Can you link to these references about "Right click Computer?" I'd need some context to answer that...

----

As for guides, I suggest you look here. That's a thread in the development forum that's full of links to reference guides for the Transformer. Handy stuff to know!

As for reverting to stock, I have yet to do that myself, but I know there are threads here on XDA, most likely in the Development forum, that have stock firmware that you can flash back on your device. There should be something in the guides either there or in the Development forum on doing so.

Hope this all helps!
    Definitly Guevor's kernel.
    Can find it here: Guevor ICS Test v21.4 (The latest is 21.10 though available towards the end of the thread as an attachment.)
    Make sure to use the AOKP version if you're on aokp, megatron on megatron and normal for stock/arhd/revolver roms.
    I've the same question with TF101G ? :D

Is dev the same as tf101 ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Yes it is, however you will not have access to NvFlash with a TF101G