[HELP THREAD] Xperia Z | Ask any question | Noob friendly

Search This thread

ferrari35

Jun 9, 2011
Hi my phone is stuck in a boot loop after I unlocked bootloader I have tried to re flash a stock rom onto the phone with flash tool but i get an error saying flash tool cant delete prepared system.sin

Any ideas really do seem to be stuck

bigboss50

May 15, 2013
Hi, my phone is not displaying anything. The screen is not cracked but it does not show any image. The phone is switched on and I can hear phonecalls, receiving messages, texts etc but I can't interact with it because the screen is completely blank. What could the fault be?

Reactions: ferrari35

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Hi, my phone is not displaying anything. The screen is not cracked but it does not show any image. The phone is switched on and I can hear phonecalls, receiving messages, texts etc but I can't interact with it because the screen is completely blank. What could the fault be?

Does the Sony logo appear when you reboot the device?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Hi my phone is stuck in a boot loop after I unlocked bootloader I have tried to re flash a stock rom onto the phone with flash tool but i get an error saying flash tool cant delete prepared system.sin

Any ideas really do seem to be stuck

Did you put the phone in "Flashmode" before flashing?:confused:

Reactions: ferrari35

TheMate

Jun 10, 2014
[Q]Rooting 4.4.2 with locked BL

I recently got 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230) update and since than I'm looking for a way to root my phone. Basically this is what I know, easiest rooting method requieres me to unlock bootloader. If I unlock bootloader I void guaranty and loose DRM. To keep TA partition I need to back it up before unlocking it. To backup TA I need root. I'm stuck in a root loop.

Other way of rooting requires me to flash older version. Any suggestion about what I can do ?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I recently got 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230) update and since than I'm looking for a way to root my phone. Basically this is what I know, easiest rooting method requieres me to unlock bootloader. If I unlock bootloader I void guaranty and loose DRM. To keep TA partition I need to back it up before unlocking it. To backup TA I need root. I'm stuck in a root loop.

Other way of rooting requires me to flash older version. Any suggestion about what I can do ?

You answered your own question, really. :)
Either unlock your bootloader and lose your DRM keys forever, or downgrade to an older version, root and either update via OTA or flash a prerooted rom.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

TheMate

Jun 10, 2014
You answered your own question, really. :)
Either unlock your bootloader and lose your DRM keys forever, or downgrade to an older version, root and either update via OTA or flash a prerooted rom.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Is there no other way of doing it ? I'm not so confident about my ability to flash old version without messing up.

Sumea

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
I done a number of questions to this thread but while I try to research is my problem a problem at all, and if it is the cause must be something I am using (an app/residue of some app or something really slight I am not noting myself well, even though I have reflashed and experienced same thing each time still)

- How long would you say the battery lasts under use for you all? Say, watching youtube. Currently I am experiencing around 1% down each 2-3 minutes - and even basic stuff like youtube/quickpic can get the phone somewhat noticeably warm or at times, even something I'd call hot.
It is really weirding me out but other sources are saying it is normal and also that the battery life is not SUPER STELLAR of anything so, trying to just lay ground here - get idea what should be normal and just optimize what I can.

agha_jo0n

May 28, 2014
Esf
hi there
any way to move games data to sd card or move apps to sd card ?
android 4.3
unlocked bootloader
rooted
xzv23 kernel
existenz v7 custom rom

i tried many apps but none of the response such as :
link2sd move 2sd folder mount gl2sd and .....

rocktrung

Jul 7, 2013
Can you guy help me to back up my data, I have used PCC before but now it takes 80hours to back up, my phone is unrooted so I can't use titanium :(

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Hi

I'm new to this whole ROM scene, i am* happy succeeded thanks to the explanations on xda to install. Custom ROM

But there appear every day new. do I have to reinstall everything again, or is there something like run auto update or a minor update?

please help

Gr. Daudi

Give some details such as rom name....
The are numerous rom developers

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

msg, contact, call log, image, video,... :D I don't need application backup

you cannot backup call log afaik
for message backup there are many applications available in playstore
for contacts backup if you have synced your contacts with gmail backup is not required per se
for image and video backup taking long time try a different pc might be driver issue

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I'm using
MK 4..4.3, yuga (MOKEE)

I know they have build-in update function. But when i hit download, I download the whole zip. There is also, an function called OTA, it also download an update, I dont know, what the difference is.

Today i did the update, and started from beginnen by wiping the data, and so on and so on. I downloaded the Nightly version. It work great, but i dont want to do everytime an complete install, i want to know if i can only update the changes.

Thank you for your reply

Cheers, Daudi
just wipe the Dalvik cache and flash the zip

Reactions: Ad74

Top Liked Posts