• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Help Thread][Zenfone 5][A500CG/A501CG] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly

Search This thread

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Zenfone 5

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

I will keep this thread always up to dated. More FAQ will be added soon!

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
attachment.php

Device Specs:
Size And Weight:
- 5.83 x 2.87 x 0.41 Inches
- 145 grams

Operating System:
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 5.0.2 (Lollipop)

CPU And GPU:
- Dual-core 2 GHz Intel Atom Z2580/Z2560/Z2520
- PowerVR SGX544MP2

Screen Resolution and Size:
- 720 x 1280 pixels
- 5.0 Inches

Memory:
- 1/2GB RAM
- 8/16/32GB ROM
- Up to 64GB Micro SDcard

Navigate through the page

List of supporters
...​
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Last edited:
Reactions: raixta

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I check what firmware/Android version I have?
A: 1. Go to phone "Settings -> About -> Software information.
2. There you'll see Build number, it will be like this: "LRX21V_ASUS_T00J_TW_user_3.23.40.52>20150522_91".

Q: What do letters WW and TW mean in the name of firmware/OS?
A: This letters stand for region markets:
CN - China, comes without Google services (Even without Play Store)
CHT - The same, but for a particular Chinese operator
CUCC - Firmware form Chinese operator Unicom
TW - Taiwan, comes with Google services, but also has Chinese apps
WW - aka World Wide, International and our home.

Q: What's the difference between T00J and T00F? What's the difference between A500CG and A501CG? What kind of firmware/OS should i download?
A: T00F=A500CG. Intel Atom Z2580 CPU (2GHz). 2 GB RAM. Full Specs.
T00J=A501CG. Intel Atom Z2560 CPU (1,6GHz). 1 or 2 GB RAM.
On January 2015 one more version was rolled out, named A501 CG with Intel Atom Z2520 (1,2GHz) and 2 GB2 RAM. Full Specs.
This way, except the difference in CPU models, amounts of RAM and flash memory - those three devices are identical. Firmware/OS for all three is same. On the official web page links to the firmware are the same.

Q: How can I find out exactly what kind of processor I have?
A: Download AnTuTu Tester from Google Play for free, it will show you all information about device.

Q: My Android firmware is version "X". Is it the latest? So, which one is latest then? Where can I download them?
A: Links for all firmwares are in the Post #3. The ones on the top are the latest.

Q: What are OTA updates / Over The Air updates?
A: This is small update that vendors usually push over air, device asks you whether download/install it or not.
Updates like that do not usually wipe system partition, it only patches certain files - updating them to the latest version.
They also leave root and Xposed Framework intact. Therefore none of those has problems with the installation of such updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: sd_shadow

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
How accurate is the info here? ASUS Zenfone 5 and Zenfone 6 - All you need to know about. by quyvinh
You could include a link to that thread, unless you plan on covering most of that info this thread also.

Info on my thread is 100% accurate I think. In my country it's too late so I'll check quyvinh's thread tomorrow.

whiteLust

Dec 9, 2015
need help to unlock sim

asus zenfone 5 t00j
Lollipop 5.0
ww 3.24.40.78
1.6ghz
2gb ram

i have problem to get free unlock code for my asus zenfone,
if somebody can help me do this, im realy happy, Thank you

im sry newBie

Fi.K

Mar 21, 2015
design5k.weebly.com
I was wondering which ROM would be the best - Stock Lollipop or ResurrectionRemix or some other..
I like the lollipop UI and would like to install CM12.1 based ROM but almost all the ROMs have GPS, FM, Airplane mod and audio issues along with slight stability issues..
The stock lollipop on the other hand seems to have battery issues and many features seems to have been removed..
What ROM do you use and which ROM would be best?

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Forums

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
I was wondering which ROM would be the best - Stock Lollipop or ResurrectionRemix or some other..
I like the lollipop UI and would like to install CM12.1 based ROM but almost all the ROMs have GPS, FM, Airplane mod and audio issues along with slight stability issues..
The stock lollipop on the other hand seems to have battery issues and many features seems to have been removed..
What ROM do you use and which ROM would be best?

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Forums

Resurrection Remix is pretty good actually. I was using it for 1 month and it doesn't have many bugs

pintuvirani

Apr 12, 2011
I am having freezing issue after unlock bootloader. Having zenfone 5 a501cg 1.2ghz. I tried all of methods on posted internet. So please if u can help me in this issue. Thank you

auzty

Sep 7, 2016
[HELP] Random Freeze (cannot relock bootloader)

My zenfone condition [now] :
- type : A500CG
- rooted
- IFWI version 59.a1 (unlocked bootloader)
- ROM : ww-3.23.40.60
- white boot asus logo (unlocked official bootloader from asus apk)

i know that the unlocked bootloader will cause a random freeze (unfortunately i get the device with that different motherboard than other, some site said that asus shipping more than 1 kind of A500CG) the other device is okay with unlocked bootloader, and another is cause random freeze)
. The problem was my phone got freeze (before unlocking bootloader) and i suspect the cache / dalvik cache need to be cleared, so i just unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, wipe dalvik cache, and relock it.
but when i relock it, the ifwi version still same , 59.a1
and this is the final decision, i want to full flash my phone,
i already do flash fastboot, boot, recovery, dnx, and ifwi from my ROM , but the ifwi version still 59.a1 (it's wrong version right?)
so i don't know why the ifwi version didn't change, the flashing process is ok, no error
and now i try flash the rom got the random freeze when flashing using adb sideload, cause the phone freeze at random progress :crying:

please help relock it :crying: i'm very desperate with my phone
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Zenfone 5

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

I will keep this thread always up to dated. More FAQ will be added soon!

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php

Device Specs:
    Size And Weight:
    - 5.83 x 2.87 x 0.41 Inches
    - 145 grams

Operating System:
    - Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 5.0.2 (Lollipop)

CPU And GPU:
    - Dual-core 2 GHz Intel Atom Z2580/Z2560/Z2520
    - PowerVR SGX544MP2

Screen Resolution and Size:
    - 720 x 1280 pixels
    - 5.0 Inches

Memory:
    - 1/2GB RAM
    - 8/16/32GB ROM
    - Up to 64GB Micro SDcard

Navigate through the page

List of supporters
    ...​
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a similar [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can I check what firmware/Android version I have?
    A: 1. Go to phone "Settings -> About -> Software information.
    2. There you'll see Build number, it will be like this: "LRX21V_ASUS_T00J_TW_user_3.23.40.52>20150522_91".

Q: What do letters WW and TW mean in the name of firmware/OS?
    A: This letters stand for region markets:
    CN - China, comes without Google services (Even without Play Store)
    CHT - The same, but for a particular Chinese operator
    CUCC - Firmware form Chinese operator Unicom
    TW - Taiwan, comes with Google services, but also has Chinese apps
    WW - aka World Wide, International and our home.

Q: What's the difference between T00J and T00F? What's the difference between A500CG and A501CG? What kind of firmware/OS should i download?
    A: T00F=A500CG. Intel Atom Z2580 CPU (2GHz). 2 GB RAM. Full Specs.
    T00J=A501CG. Intel Atom Z2560 CPU (1,6GHz). 1 or 2 GB RAM.
    On January 2015 one more version was rolled out, named A501 CG with Intel Atom Z2520 (1,2GHz) and 2 GB2 RAM. Full Specs.
    This way, except the difference in CPU models, amounts of RAM and flash memory - those three devices are identical. Firmware/OS for all three is same. On the official web page links to the firmware are the same.

Q: How can I find out exactly what kind of processor I have?
    A: Download AnTuTu Tester from Google Play for free, it will show you all information about device.

Q: My Android firmware is version "X". Is it the latest? So, which one is latest then? Where can I download them?
    A: Links for all firmwares are in the Post #3. The ones on the top are the latest.

Q: What are OTA updates / Over The Air updates?
    A: This is small update that vendors usually push over air, device asks you whether download/install it or not.
    Updates like that do not usually wipe system partition, it only patches certain files - updating them to the latest version.
    They also leave root and Xposed Framework intact. Therefore none of those has problems with the installation of such updates.
    Firmwares

• Android 5.0:
    To update to 5.0, you need to have 2.22.40.53 installed or later.
    3.24.40.78-user WW
    Android L (3.23.40.60) WW
    • Android 4.4.2:
    To update to 4.2.2, you need to have 1_18_40_10 installed or later.
    WW_2.22.40.54
    TW_2.22.40.54
    Reserved #3 just in case
    How accurate is the info here? ASUS Zenfone 5 and Zenfone 6 - All you need to know about. by quyvinh
    You could include a link to that thread, unless you plan on covering most of that info this thread also.

Just checked it and I think it's outdated.