Question [HELP THREADING] Nothing Phone 1 Common Issues and Problems

Search This thread
Common-Problems-in-Android.png

Hi everyone,

In this topic, we will, thanks to you, list the various problems of the Nothing Phone 1.
With you, we will try to find solutions that will also be listed so that members who have a problem can easily find a solution to their problems.

Please note that only solutions that have been tested and approved by at least 2-3 xda members will be listed.(y)

This topic is created for you and will be beneficial for all.;)

This will also allow to gather all the problems, bugs, solutions that the Phone(1) may encounter. But you must play the game and post your problems and solutions here.
Avoid scattering questions all over the Phone(1) forum.

Here is a format for feedback - bugs and solutions, which you should post. This will help to pinpoint the problem more quickly:

Software version :
Problem:
Problem occurs: (rarely / occasionally / always)
Steps of the operation :
APK name :
APK version number :
Behaviour of the reference phone :

I thank in advance the team of Moderators for their help.🤝

Last edited:
- Here you will find solutions about some problems that members have posted -
Thanks for all xda members which help others (y)

1- IMEI PROBLEMS
About all IMEI problems, you have this tuto to xda dev writing by @text1

[GUIDE] Repair IMEI on Qualcomm Snapdragon Devices

2 - EDL PROBLEMS
- I f you need to acceed to EDL, write this command line - Thanks to @QTeknology (y)
EDL Mode is available without root or unlock the bootloader​
from fastboot
Code:
fastboot reboot-edl
from adb
Code:
adb reboot edl

Last edited:

Harish4891

Jul 31, 2022
Some of the basic features such as option to delete text messages from the notification bar itself (which was present even in older Android versions) and the option to switch between sims for data usage using a toggle button are missing .

Some of the basic features such as option to delete text messages from the notification bar itself (which was present even in older Android versions) and the option to switch between sims for data usage using a toggle button are missing .
Hi,
If you had read correctly this is a thread about bugs and problems, not a summary of OS feedback.
If you post something like your post I suggest you to go to the Nothing Discord and post your request to the chan #OS-Feedback
Thanks

zige

May 24, 2012
Helsinki
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Software version : 1.1.2
Problem: Screen flashing/blinking
Problem occurs: Occasionally/almost always
Steps of the operation: Scroll settings, like Screen page. After 1 sec it "flashs" littlebit. When using FPS meter it seems to jump from 120 to 60 and immediately back to 120. Happens ALMOST everywhere. Annoying.

Problem: Screen flashing/blinking
Problem occurs: Occasionally/almost always
Steps of the operation: Scroll settings, like Screen page. After 1 sec it "flashs" littlebit. When using FPS meter it seems to jump from 120 to 60 and immediately back to 120. Happens ALMOST everywhere. Annoying.
Did you post this software bug on Nothing Discord at the chan #os-feedback
Because I'm not sure that we'll find a solution here, but you never know ;)

And I thank you for posting your problem here so that members who may have had this problem can know about it.
If Nothing Assistance responds and gives you a solution, could you post it here to help the Community. (y)
Thanks in advance

heisen_berg7

Feb 9, 2018
Nothing Phone 1
Problem: green tint on lower side of display
Problem occurs: almost always
Steps of the operation: The screen shows a little green tint only when there's grey colour in the background (like in chrome's dark theme or in dialer app). Although it doesn't occur when there's black colour in the background instead of grey colour. So, is it a problem or can be solved through software update?

srikaran

May 15, 2008
Software Version: 1.1.2
Problem: After waking up the device, there is no response to touches.
Problem Occurs: Almost always
Steps to Reproduce: Let the screen turn off using the set time or double tap to turn off or press the power button to turn off the screen. AOD should be enabled. Now, wake up the phone either with the power button or the finger print scanner. The screen won't respond to any touches.

Turn off the screen again and turn it back on right away and everything will work just fine without any issues.

Reactions: voodoofox

khatri r

Oct 29, 2016
Ahmedabad
Nothing Phone 1
Software version :1.1.2
Problem: data Don't work on sim2
Problem occurs: (always)
I Have active data pack on both sim cards whichever sim card is sim1 work fine but in sim2 data(internet)doesn't work after update already done reset and i have received carrier service update by Google as well around same time as I receive update for 1.1.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Common-Problems-in-Android.png

Hi everyone,

In this topic, we will, thanks to you, list the various problems of the Nothing Phone 1.
    With you, we will try to find solutions that will also be listed so that members who have a problem can easily find a solution to their problems.

Please note that only solutions that have been tested and approved by at least 2-3 xda members will be listed.(y)

This topic is created for you and will be beneficial for all.;)

This will also allow to gather all the problems, bugs, solutions that the Phone(1) may encounter. But you must play the game and post your problems and solutions here.
    Avoid scattering questions all over the Phone(1) forum.

Here is a format for feedback - bugs and solutions, which you should post. This will help to pinpoint the problem more quickly:

Software version :
    Problem:
    Problem occurs: (rarely / occasionally / always)
    Steps of the operation :
    APK name :
    APK version number :
    Behaviour of the reference phone :

I thank in advance the team of Moderators for their help.🤝
    Software Version: 1.1.2
    Problem: After waking up the device, there is no response to touches.
    Problem Occurs: Almost always
    Steps to Reproduce: Let the screen turn off using the set time or double tap to turn off or press the power button to turn off the screen. AOD should be enabled. Now, wake up the phone either with the power button or the finger print scanner. The screen won't respond to any touches.

Turn off the screen again and turn it back on right away and everything will work just fine without any issues.
    Problem: Glyph not blinking when phone lay down on backside
    Problem occurs: always
    hi, anyone is able to use ar core? because my phone 1 doesn't have ar core and any app that needs it doesn't work
    I tried that and it only partially worked. The only AR application that works is Gcam's AR Playground. Every other AR app either shows a black screen or crashes. The same happens with this Magisk module:
    Does your method work for you?
    Will try and report back. I based my advice on the fact that I managed to install Ar core and play services for ar on many devices that were a bit older, lacking ar support, and everything was working perfectly. But it was also try and error but i can assure you that i havent used any modded apps.

Since one handed mode is awkwardly not present in nothingos (on android 12 its built in), i wouldn't be surprised if access to ar services is disabled by nothing. BUT THEN AGAIN, magisk modules should be able to solve that so we should investigate a bit more.