Question Help to get nova launcher work

Search This thread

avivasaf

Apr 24, 2011
Oppo Find N
Hello, i won Vivo x fold but there is no xda forum for that. I have originos and when i install nova launcher the home button get me back to the vivo launcher. I opened the Vivo account but the option "cloud settings" not let me in, saying "this service not supported in your region" i tried Hong Kong, India all the same. China cant change to this location, please help, i hate origin os launcher

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
You don't need access to the Vivo Cloud. As long as you have created and signed into a Vivo Account on your phone (you can do this with an e-mail address if you don't have a Mainland China phone number), then go to Settings/Security/More Security Settings - and you will find a toggle to "replace launcher". I agree that out of the box the Origin OS Ocean launcher is too cluttered and bold for Western tastes (it is popular in China), but I just methodically removed all the widgets and icons from the home screen except for phone, email, text messages, and Chrome and added the Google Assistant search widget. With the app drawer style selected the phone looks much more like my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5g.

avivasaf

Apr 24, 2011
Oppo Find N
You don't need access to the Vivo Cloud. As long as you have created and signed into a Vivo Account on your phone (you can do this with an e-mail address if you don't have a Mainland China phone number), then go to Settings/Security/More Security Settings - and you will find a toggle to "replace launcher". I agree that out of the box the Origin OS Ocean launcher is too cluttered and bold for Western tastes (it is popular in China), but I just methodically removed all the widgets and icons from the home screen except for phone, email, text messages, and Chrome and added the Google Assistant search widget. With the app drawer style selected the phone looks much more like my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5g.
Thanks for your answer but i dont have the replace launcher option in the security settings, i dont know why, maby because its a fold phone?

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
The Vivo X Note and Vivo X Fold have the same firmware - Origin OS Ocean. The setting to allow replacing the system launcher only shows up after you have created and signed into your Vivo account on the phone.

avivasaf

Apr 24, 2011
Oppo Find N
The Vivo X Note and Vivo X Fold have the same firmware - Origin OS Ocean. The setting to allow replacing the system launcher only shows up after you have created and signed into your Vivo account on the phone.
Thanks for your answer, i already signed to my account but i got this error trying to enter the Vivo cloud settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519_081942.jpg
    Screenshot_20220519_081942.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 20

avivasaf

Apr 24, 2011
Oppo Find N
Got it work. After you log to the account you need to go in settings - security - more security options and there it is. I thought its in the account setting!