Help to unbrick my phone or determine what failed so I can replace...

Search This thread

dasklney

• Dec 31, 2006
    giang.us
    Hello everyone,

My phone is unable to turn on, I can see it vibrates when I pressed power button, the screen backlight is on too but nothing happens, the screen is still black, notification light didn't work too.

I can charge it.

I can boot to Fastboot mode and connect to the PC to reflash rom via MiFlash (But there is nothing on the screen, it's black on the time, I can see the back light is on too!).

Please help me fix it or please let me know what maybe failed so I can find components to replace...

I didn't drop it, and use it very carefully :(

Thank you very much!

PoseidonKing

Mar 18, 2015
    Pune
    Hello everyone,

My phone is unable to turn on, I can see it vibrates when I pressed power button, the screen backlight is on too but nothing happens, the screen is still black, notification light didn't work too.

I can charge it.

I can boot to Fastboot mode and connect to the PC to reflash rom via MiFlash (But there is nothing on the screen, it's black on the time, I can see the back light is on too!).

Please help me fix it or please let me know what maybe failed so I can find components to replace...

Thank you very much!

Did you try reflashing developer ROMs? Have you unlocked it and flashed custom ROMs previously? Explain the issue in detail.

Hit Thanks if I Helped You!!!

Regards,
    PoseidonKing

Reactions: dasklney

dasklney

• Dec 31, 2006
    giang.us
    Did you try reflashing developer ROMs? Have you unlocked it and flashed custom ROMs previously? Explain the issue in detail.

Regards,
    PoseidonKing

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I've unlocked and flashed Xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 beta rom from the first time I got it (about 5 months ago), then I keep flashing Xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 beta everyweek.

Few days ago, I got a phone call, picked it up, the phone turned off, I turned it on, got another phone call, the phone then turned off again, and I couldn't turn it on...

I did try flash MIUI 8 stable rom, MIUI 7 stable rom, and MIUI 8 develop rom but it still can't boot, the screen is just black...

dasklney

• Dec 31, 2006
    giang.us
    There is black screen in edl mode with red led notification blinking , try to flash global dev or stable in edl mode and select clean all or flash all

Yes, I have tried to flash many rom in EDL mode.

7.6.3 stable.
    8.1.6 stable.
    6.12.15 dev.
    6.12.22 dev.

Mi flash said "flash successful" but I still see black screen with back light when I press power button to turn the phone on...

mar.ur

Oct 30, 2016
    Sosnowiec
    OnePlus 6
    I think it's hardware issue , but even with broken lcd , phone should boot to system , you should hear some sounds etc .
    When you flashed rom , turn on phone and wait 10-20 minutes during the first boot , check what is on the screen via mi pc suit

Last edited:

dasklney

• Dec 31, 2006
    giang.us
    I think it's hardware issue , but even with broken lcd , phone should boot to system , you should hear some sounds etc .
    When you flashed rom , turn on phone and wait 10-20 minutes during the first boot , check what is on the screen via mi pc suit

It said connecting and 50% process and stay there forever...

After more than 1 week figure out what was wrong with my phone, I gave up, sent it back to the shop to repair (it's still under warranty but most online store will blame on users and charge for repairing it!), I didn't drop the phone, use it very carefully, even my old G3 which is 2 years old, known for a lot of suddenly dead, still working fine, it seems I will consider a lot when purchasing new Mi phone... and my next phone, for sure, won't be Xiaomi...

Reactions: mar.ur

ckflash09

Aug 20, 2016
    Flash 7.1.8

7.6.3 stable.
    8.1.6 stable.
    6.12.15 dev.
    6.12.22 dev.

Mi flash said "flash successful" but I still see black screen with back light when I press power button to turn the phone on...
    Flash miui 7.1.8 fastboot rom via latest miflash,if u can try unlocking bootloader once again using the adb tools! ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello everyone,

I can charge it.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
      PoseidonKing
      in fastboot mode the screen works properly or screen is black ?

It said connecting and 50% process and stay there forever...

After more than 1 week figure out what was wrong with my phone, I gave up, sent it back to the shop to repair (it's still under warranty but most online store will blame on users and charge for repairing it!), I didn't drop the phone, use it very carefully, even my old G3 which is 2 years old, known for a lot of suddenly dead, still working fine, it seems I will consider a lot when purchasing new Mi phone... and my next phone, for sure, won't be Xiaomi...
      Flash 7.1.8

7.6.3 stable.
      8.1.6 stable.
      6.12.15 dev.
      6.12.22 dev.

Flash miui 7.1.8 fastboot rom via latest miflash,if u can try unlocking bootloader once again using the adb tools! ??
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone