[HELP] TRIANGLE WARNING at Boot after app removal

Search This thread

OldSkewler

Nov 4, 2015
New York
My Google Maps was acting up (as if it had no GPS signal) so I decided to uninstall it and try installing the app again. What a bad decision! The phone turned off half way thru the app removal and now it only shows the Android welcoming screen and a triangle warning. I can't figure out a way to get it back to properly boot.

I've tried the following:

- removed SIM
- removed SD card
- hold POWER & volume UP
- hold POWER & volume DOWN

If I try to turn it on, it will show Android screen then triangle warning then android screen and back to triangle as if in a loop - is this what a bootloop means? Oh geez...

The phone was completely stock FW with Sony updates, so whatever is the latest updates from Sony, the phone has it.

Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpg
    IMG_5211.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 63

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
My Google Maps was acting up (as if it had no GPS signal) so I decided to uninstall it and try installing the app again. What a bad decision! The phone turned off half way thru the app removal and now it only shows the Android welcoming screen and a triangle warning. I can't figure out a way to get it back to properly boot.

I've tried the following:

- removed SIM
- removed SD card
- hold POWER & volume UP
- hold POWER & volume DOWN

If I try to turn it on, it will show Android screen then triangle warning then android screen and back to triangle as if in a loop - is this what a bootloop means? Oh geez...

The phone was completely stock FW with Sony updates, so whatever is the latest updates from Sony, the phone has it.

Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Reflash a system.sin, that should get it going again.

OldSkewler

Nov 4, 2015
New York
FYI for anyone coming across this problem i down the road : I could not figure out what /how to do the system.sin but I was able to run the Xperia Companion and repair the phone. I basically downloaded the Xperia Companion from Sony website, run the repair tool, connected the phone and followed the instructions.

It erased all settings and apps though, which I understood it would've happened but I assumed Sony had my backup online. Apparently not so I will need to work on it.

Good luck!

OldSkewler

Nov 4, 2015
New York
Had you of asked I would have said use Newflasher, which would have simply reflashed the system keeping all your data intact. PC Companion should be a last resort, but even then I prefer the Flashtool or Newflasher.

Really, huh? A little late for that, isn't it?

Now let me ask you this here: did it sound from my previous post that I knew anything about system.sin, flashtool or newflasher? I guarantee you that I didn't know then and I still don't know now. And that is on me, no questions about that. So why pretend you tried to help? Had you tried to actually help, perhaps you would've said something else .

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Clearly.
Now let me ask you this here: did it sound from my previous post that I knew anything about system.sin, flashtool or newflasher?
You've got 80+ posts on a mobile developers site, regardless of whether you knew or not, you should know by now that asking questions and/or reading helps you learn.
So why pretend you tried to help?
I did try to help, I told you what to do but you thought it best not to ask any questions about what I posted on this developer forum and did your own thing, which yes, is on you, and losing data by not seeking to learn more about what was posted, is a harsh lesson to learn.

So there, all there of your questions answered, just a shame you didn't think to ask the right ones before losing your data. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OldSkewler

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
All good brother, I know what you are looking for and I just gave it to you: another THANKS for your HUGE collection.

Cheers!
These days, the only thing I'm looking for is to help (and continue to learn). I joined this site as a newb looking to modify an X10, and since then I've learnt how to modify every device you see listed in my sig, and have done so by continuing right up until the present day by asking questions. I've helped countless amount of people, contributed where I can, and will continue to do so. But if you (or anyone) wants to be arsy or argumentative, I can do that too. :good:

[email protected]

Jan 21, 2022
These days, the only thing I'm looking for is to help (and continue to learn). I joined this site as a newb looking to modify an X10, and since then I've learnt how to modify every device you see listed in my sig, and have done so by continuing right up until the present day by asking questions. I've helped countless amount of people, contributed where I can, and will continue to do so. But if you (or anyone) wants to be arsy or argumentative, I can do that too. :good:
Yea, well said mate. Bit of courtesy goes a long way n u did try to help n u helped me out aswell by informing me about Newsflasher and Flashtool so thanks there mate. 🤘🏼😉👍🏼

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All good brother, I know what you are looking for and I just gave it to you: another THANKS for your HUGE collection.

Cheers!
    Clearly.
    Now let me ask you this here: did it sound from my previous post that I knew anything about system.sin, flashtool or newflasher?
    You've got 80+ posts on a mobile developers site, regardless of whether you knew or not, you should know by now that asking questions and/or reading helps you learn.
    So why pretend you tried to help?
    I did try to help, I told you what to do but you thought it best not to ask any questions about what I posted on this developer forum and did your own thing, which yes, is on you, and losing data by not seeking to learn more about what was posted, is a harsh lesson to learn.

So there, all there of your questions answered, just a shame you didn't think to ask the right ones before losing your data. :rolleyes: