• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(Help) Unlocked carrier Google pixel 3a xl but with grey OEM

Search This thread

zach183323

Dec 30, 2019
So I purchased a Google pixel 3a xl from eBay and there is a locked version that has been locked to sprint, but I think this phone has been flashed with a stock google rom allowing it to use any carrier. The problem is when I try to unlock OEM in the settings it's greyed out with 'cannot unlock to carrier locked phones' Would it be possible to unlock the OEM and the bootloader through the pc and is it possible to unlock the bootloader in general?

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
In general, if the device is carrier unlocked the OEM is unlocked as well... Unless it is a Verizon model, which it sure sounds like in this case. Unfortunately there is no way to unlock the bootloader then.

zach183323

Dec 30, 2019
In general, if the device is carrier unlocked the OEM is unlocked as well... Unless it is a Verizon model, which it sure sounds like in this case. Unfortunately there is no way to unlock the bootloader then.

No I checked on the website it's not a Verizon model, however it was locked to sprint before it was flashed with the stock rom so maybe that's why it still sees my phone as a carrier locked phone. If I flashed it with another stock room would that fix it?