• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[HELP] Update to OneUI 2.5

Search This thread

Joshumpa

Aug 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hello!

My brother give me this S9 that he modified but it has OneUI 1.0 (Android 9) and i want to know if there's a way to update it.
My doubt is because, I think, it has another kernel, TWRP and it was rooted with magisk, but playing with the root, I uninstalled it from the app. XD

Here are some of the specs
Model: SM-G960F
CPU: Exynos 9810
Kernel: 4.9.59-ElementalX-S9-2.08

I know a little bit about these things but I want to update it because some system apps throws errors (nearby service error or something like that)
Do I need to use Odin and all those things? or the TWRP can help me?

spawnlives

Hello!

My brother give me this S9 that he modified but it has OneUI 1.0 (Android 9) and i want to know if there's a way to update it.
My doubt is because, I think, it has another kernel, TWRP and it was rooted with magisk, but playing with the root, I uninstalled it from the app. XD

Here are some of the specs
Model: SM-G960F
CPU: Exynos 9810
Kernel: 4.9.59-ElementalX-S9-2.08

I know a little bit about these things but I want to update it because some system apps throws errors (nearby service error or something like that)
Do I need to use Odin and all those things? or the TWRP can help me?
You can flash updated firmware by using Odin.
Download firmware from websites like sammobil or updato.
The quickest way is use PC App called Frija to download latest firmware
You will lose twrp and magisk and depending on how you flash apps and data as well. So i would do a backup before hand.

spawnlives

Do you know if it is safe to use FlashFire?
I haven't used FlashFire. I did install it on a S8 but didn't work. From memory i think it was a magisk issues, could not grant root access.
Also hasn't been updated for a while so may not work on current android versions and magisk versions.
The only app i use from Chainfire is LiveBoot.