• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Help Wanted] [Bricked] Accidentally Flashed Factory Image for Pixel 4a (5G)

Search This thread

AugusDogus

Sep 17, 2016
I mistakenly downloaded and attempted to flash the latest factory image for a Pixel 4 (5G) to my Pixel 4a.

My phone is now stuck on a black screen and I'm unable to boot into the bootloader so that I can flash the correct factory image.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of holding power + volume keys, but nothing seems to work.

The device does some to be on in some fashion as when I plug it into my computer windows alerts me that it's setting up a USB device.

1607359392687.png

Running adb devices and fastboot devices yields no results.

As such the flash-all script included with the factory image doesn't do anything.

I also tried using the "Android Flash Tool" https://flash.android.com/welcome provided by Google, but this also doesn't detect my device.

Are there any other steps I can take to unbrick my phone or is an RMA the only option.

Thanks

I mistakenly downloaded and attempted to flash the latest factory image for a Pixel 4 (5G) to my Pixel 4a.

My phone is now stuck on a black screen and I'm unable to boot into the bootloader so that I can flash the correct factory image.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of holding power + volume keys, but nothing seems to work.

The device does some to be on in some fashion as when I plug it into my computer windows alerts me that it's setting up a USB device.

View attachment 5150333

As such the flash-all script included with the factory image doesn't do anything.

I also tried using the "Android Flash Tool" https://flash.android.com/welcome provided by Google, but this also doesn't detect my device.

Are there any other steps I can take to unbrick my phone or is an RMA the only option.

Thanks
Haha I did the same, don't worry .
I got out of this mess using Android flash tool,
When u plug in the phone hold the volume down button down .....
It might take a while, but it WILL detect the device.
When u pick the rom to flash , in the option to edit make sure to click on wipe , and force partitions.
Good luck

Last edited:

MAREK10747

Feb 4, 2016
adb and fastboot drivers you must install . Unpack adb and fastboot files to installer , and after unpack tools you can run flashing . Other way don't exist.

ahhlun

Feb 22, 2010

View attachment 5150333

Thanks

Did you manage to fix this?
I flashing a 4a image to my 4a device and still got the black screen

ahhlun

Feb 22, 2010
When u pick the rom to flash , in the option to edit make sure to click on wipe , and force partitions.
Good luck

Are you supposed to have the phone on or off when you plug in the phone with Vol down button down?

But my phone has black screen... how do I tell if the phone is on or off.

ahmed.elsersi

Oct 1, 2010
Good luck
Hello,
Not working, the phone in QDL mode, and google flash web tool never detect the phone.

Is there anything to do, or I just through the phone away? :(:cry: