Help! What wireless earbuds should I buy for this phone?

Search This thread

jeradjohnso

Sep 21, 2015
Calgary
I sold my Jaybird Runs last week because they were constantly dropping their pairing connection with the Mate 20 X in spotify. Looking to try something else. Suggestions welcome!

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Just a note of caution about the Jabra Active Elite 65t wireless earbuds. They are great earbuds and worked flawlessly with my Xiaomi Mi Max 3, but I have tried two sets of them with two different Huawei Mate 20 x phones and in each case when I try to play music they either make a skipping noise for two or three minutes before they play the music, or else they are silent until I turn bluetooth on and off a couple of times.

n1tro

Aug 14, 2007
Just a note of caution about the Jabra Active Elite 65t wireless earbuds. They are great earbuds and worked flawlessly with my Xiaomi Mi Max 3, but I have tried two sets of them with two different Huawei Mate 20 x phones and in each case when I try to play music they either make a skipping noise for two or three minutes before they play the music, or else they are silent until I turn bluetooth on and off a couple of times.

^ +1
I think it's because of the drivers (?) or BT5 incompatibility.

n1tro

Aug 14, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: Dynte36

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008

Well that's a bummer, I use the 65t's and I just ordered the international mate 20x. Did you have the jabra app installed? Not really sure if it helps with the connection process or not. Also, were these the chinese variant or the international variant you tried them on?

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Yes I have the latest version of the Jabra Sound+ app installed. This latest version no longer requires the Jabra Service app to be installed and running. Both Mate 20 x phones that I have tried the Active 65t with are the L29 global version.

cabegol

Oct 1, 2008
I have the Samsung buds (2019) connected to the Mate 20 X. No issues at all, they work beautifully.

By the way, the buds had 3 firmware upgrades already (in less than 2 weeks of ownership). They're fantastic buds.

cabegol

Oct 1, 2008
If you don’t mind me asking, how’s the bass?

It is quite good, you can clearly hear the lowest frequencies but, do not expect the bass boost you would usually get from bigger headphones. If you use the equalizer on the galaxy app, you could make the bass sound considerably more prominent. I would describe the sound of these buds as balanced, very pleasant and accurate. My only other reference are the Sony's WH-1000XM2 which obviously have more bass but, the comparison is really unfair.

During phone (voice) conversations, the sound is really clear and the voice sounds natural and full.

imapfsr

Aug 9, 2005
Victoria, British Columbia
It is quite good, you can clearly hear the lowest frequencies but, do not expect the bass boost you would usually get from bigger headphones. If you use the equalizer on the galaxy app, you could make the bass sound considerably more prominent. I would describe the sound of these buds as balanced, very pleasant and accurate. My only other reference are the Sony's WH-1000XM2 which obviously have more bass but, the comparison is really unfair.

During phone (voice) conversations, the sound is really clear and the voice sounds natural and full.
Thanks very much indeed...that is great to hear. I actually use the Sony WHH900 so that is good news. Thanks again

jeradjohnso

Sep 21, 2015
Calgary
Galaxy Buds arrived early! I've been listening to them all day!

Blown away by the sound quality, clarity, and loudness. And they're so small compared to the last generation, the case is so tiny, yet the battery lasts forever. Really impressed.

Anyway regarding the Mate 20 X--The 1st gen Jaybird Run was awful and didn't work with my phone, they would randomly turn off or disconnect when switching media. It was almost unusable, so I decided to get rid of them. The Galaxy Buds have been much better, connects flawlessly and maintains its connection with no issues. Much better experience.

Conclusion. I would highly recommend the Galaxy Buds!

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
May 15, 2010
Arlington TX

Blown away by the sound quality, clarity, and loudness. And they're so small compared to the last generation, the case is so tiny, yet the battery lasts forever. Really impressed.

Anyway regarding the Mate 20 X--The 1st gen Jaybird Run was awful and didn't work with my phone, they would randomly turn off or disconnect when switching media. It was almost unusable, so I decided to get rid of them. The Galaxy Buds have been much better, connects flawlessly and maintains its connection with no issues. Much better experience.

Glad I wasn't the only one that had the Runs and they would just turn off. Made me so mad.

Switched to the Galaxy buds as well. Much better connection and sound clarity. Lacking bass compared to Jaybirds.

Got mine for 105$ shipped from ATT

I'm more upset that I have to have a Samsung app on my phone.

Reactions: jeradjohnso

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought these. They work flawlessly, the sound is good and they connect automatically instantly when I take them out of the box (BT5): .https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YTO...581.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4do8aJmm

^ I bought the same earbuds. They do work flawlessly but they don't have any bass like the Jabra T65 and dont fit as snug. Dilemma...use T65 and deal with having to connect/reconnect before it starts working or live without bass. :(

Glad I wasn't the only one that had the Runs and they would just turn off. Made me so mad.

Switched to the Galaxy buds as well. Much better connection and sound clarity. Lacking bass compared to Jaybirds.

Got mine for 105$ shipped from ATT

I'm more upset that I have to have a Samsung app on my phone.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone