HELP! Wifi 5GHz conected without internet

Search This thread
Feb 21, 2017
Hi!!
I just bought a new tab s4, and I can not connect it to the 5ghz wifi network. It connects, but says connected without internet. The 2.4GHz network connects perfectly.

PS. Sorry for my English.

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
HI peep's mine is connected to 5 GHz and it’s working flawlessly, it’s showing a connected speed of 866MBPS!
Quick questions, did you try a reboot router and Tab S4 once connected to 5GHZ ?

Also are you using separate WPA2 PSK key ?
As some routers can’t handle separate keys, keep the Wi-Fi key same for both channels i.e 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ!

Feb 21, 2017
I don't have access to a 5Ghz wifi right now. Next week I'll try the tablet and I'll try everything you said. If the new tablet has the same problem of course, I hope it goes well.

erkkipj

Jun 9, 2012
I have the same problem and I noticed that it came with the Anroid Pie update! 2,4G is working fine in my S4.
I have another tablet Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and 5G Wifi is working flawlessly.
Might it be software issue in Android 9?
My basebandversion is T835XXU3BSF4, kernel 4.4.153-16124683 #2 Fri Jun 14 2019.

Last edited:

reaverclan

Dec 3, 2008
CA
I got one coming in the mail and will report back on my success but if you don't get internet trying setting your dns manually to Google's public one for testing. 8.8.8.8 Could also be related to the channel the router is using for 5ghz.
Malcolm

Feb 21, 2017
Okay, so I got a new tab s4, and I have the same problem. At the second floor of my house, I don't connect to the 5Ghz wifi. I have separated bands. I tried changing the channel... I don't know what else try.

1eStar

Jan 3, 2015
Okay, so I got a new tab s4, and I have the same problem. At the second floor of my house, I don't connect to the 5Ghz wifi. I have separated bands. I tried changing the channel... I don't know what else try.

5GHz WiFi has less range than 2.4GHz, maybe the signal strength is not enough at the second level. Use the lowest frequency band available, move the base unit to a place less obstructed etc. This does not sound like a device issue.

Feb 21, 2017
5GHz WiFi has less range than 2.4GHz, maybe the signal strength is not enough at the second level. Use the lowest frequency band available, move the base unit to a place less obstructed etc. This does not sound like a device issue.

Yeah, I know, the device issue is that all my other phones, computers and devices are able to connect to the wifi. I enabled the smart wifi and it looks like it's going better, the tablet is able to get better download speed.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone