• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[HELP] Wifi issue

Search This thread

Enrico Vialli

Feb 25, 2015
I stopped using my phone wifi for months now, heres my problem...

>Phone is able to detect my wifi at any range but won't connect it.

>I can only connect to wifi within 2 meters from the router.

>After connected, wifi signal strength didn't drop as move further away from the router but get disconnected after about 2 or 5 meters.

>GPS, bluetooth, and others works fine.

I tested other routers and different roms, results are the same...

If you have the same problem as mine and able to find a way fix it, I'd be thankful if you can share it here.

Thank you :)

HoldMySoul69

Jun 24, 2017
Liepaja

>After connected, wifi signal strength didn't drop as move further away from the router but get disconnected after about 2 or 5 meters.

If you have the same problem as mine and able to find a way fix it, I'd be thankful if you can share it here.

I think the WIFI driver is corrupted or having some problem, try to restore ROM https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8lite/general/mega-thread-root-unbricking-updating-t3400994/page1

Vinnipinni

Jul 20, 2016
Norderstedt

Either that, or your WiFi card is damaged.

Enrico Vialli

Feb 25, 2015
UPDATE:

Well...somehow after these months staying with stock rom, the wifi suddenly got back working again.

I Tried reboot several times and connect wifi frm far away to confirm it, and it seems to be fine now, don't know what happened, but i hope it stays fine. :D